Pablo Armero - LWB - Udinese (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Would be an interesting challenge for a defence to face if Juve played two strikers who look to drop short to find space - drawing the defence forward - while playing two wide players who make penetrating runs behind the defence from deep, which makes them hard to track.

I'm not entirely sure how I would play against that as a defending team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This. Its ridicolous when one saw certain Udinese games, how often and quickly both cover ground from their half to opponent box in no time, defences get confused who is covering them and try to intercept that it often lead to Di Natale being so open. I would lol seeing these guys making runs to Pirlo passes.
If this deal finalizes and we play a 352 there is no way teams will push forward. The the pace and tireless players we have it would be suicide to attempt to allow them anyspace.

I see teams sitting back on us a lot this season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Would be an interesting challenge for a defence to face if Juve played two strikers who look to drop short to find space - drawing the defence forward - while playing two wide players who make penetrating runs behind the defence from deep, which makes them hard to track.

I'm not entirely sure how I would play against that as a defending team.
Was just commenting to Os the same scenario. I don't see teams pushing forward or trying to pin us back. No way would they want to give our wings any sort of space with Pirlo threatening to set Isla/Armero on the loose.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, I would still want a poacher in the team, but I can now see how this team could function without one.

I couldn't prior to the links with Armero.
I could see a Mirko-Jovetic working perfectly to be honest, esp in a 352. The work out put will grind the other team to a pulp and with the assists a lot of these guys will be providing (basing from last years stats), I really don't think we will have a problem scoring goals at all. If Jovetic comes, I am sure he will bang in a good 18-20 if he stays healthy.

Giovinco with another 15. :seven:

May 22, 2007
Indeed.

But I didn't really ask for him as much as I agreed with the news when I saw it. He was never my 'pick', but yeah, that name can work to some extent.

Weird really. I was shocked when I saw Asamoah and Isla both signing, now with Armero links it's like jeeeez...
I've just realised you might be a fan of James Rodríguez (I hope it's you anyway :p), which has got me very excited.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@juve901

Teams are gonna make us work for the goals, they won't be giving us any space. Really need that top striker. :D

Jovetic would work though, he knows the league well enough he could easily be the difference maker this season for us.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Was just commenting to Os the same scenario. I don't see teams pushing forward or trying to pin us back. No way would they want to give our wings any sort of space with Pirlo threatening to set Isla/Armero on the loose.
I don't mean teams actually pushing up and pressing Juve.

Just that if both strikers drop into trequartista type ares the CB will naturally look to step forward a little so that the strikers don't have space to receive the ball and turn.

The defensive line then moving forward a little is all that is needed for a swift penetrating run from a wingback - ably found by Pirlo - for Juve to be in behind the defence and in a very dangerous situation.

As I say, I'm not entirely sure how I'd play against that.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
This. Its ridicolous when one saw certain Udinese games, how often and quickly both cover ground from their half to opponent box in no time, defences get confused who is covering them and try to intercept that it often lead to Di Natale being so open. I would lol seeing these guys making runs to Pirlo passes. In general Pirlo must be a happy camper with this mercato, Isla, Armero and Giovinco as new teammates who are kind to be quite eager to move into channels from nowhere.

If this team is completed with Cavani, lawd have mercy on defences that will try to predict who is running where hehe.
Very Very true

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
@juve901

Teams are gonna make us work for the goals, they won't be giving us any space. Really need that top striker. :D

Jovetic would work though, he knows the league well enough he could easily be the difference maker this season for us.
So true. ::tup:: We won't have any space, it really concerns me. I think if we can't get any top class CF, then we should go for Jovetic.. if we go for Jovetic, we should def keep Matri and put Jove up with either Matri or Vuc as CFs.. as I think we can do well. I think Vuc prefers the CF position, anyway, right?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Just that if both strikers drop into trequartista type ares the CB will naturally look to step forward a little so that the strikers don't have space to receive the ball and turn.

The defensive line then moving forward a little is all that is needed for a swift penetrating run from a wingback - ably found by Pirlo - for Juve to be in behind the defence and in a very dangerous situation.

Ah, now I understand. :tup:

I really don't know how teams will play against us next season. One thing is for certain, I really don't see anyone out-muscling or working us. Ever. (at least in Italy)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Too bad Armero is shit infront of goal. Isla a bit better but not exactly Trezeguet.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So true. ::tup:: We won't have any space, it really concerns me. I think if we can't get any top class CF, then we should go for Jovetic.. if we go for Jovetic, we should def keep Matri and put Jove up with either Matri or Vuc as CFs.. as I think we can do well. I think Vuc prefers the CF position, anyway, right?
I see Matri being our supersub. The sort of striker to just stick in the box and start unleashing a plethora of crosses/passes to to eventually get the goal if it means we can't score otherwise. Matri did well coming off the bench.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I've just realised you might be a fan of James Rodríguez (I hope it's you anyway :p), which has got me very excited.
Actually I am, I think he's an amazing talent.

Is this transfer even official?

The last thing I would want is Dusan ripping one of his precious pecs from over fapping
I don't think it's official.

Man, if we sign him... my triceps and my biceps are going to explode from over fapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)