OOT : Torrent for TIGER CUP 2004 (1 Viewer)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Saphire_diablo ] ++

28/12/04

Do you live in Jakarta, Febrina?
Will you watch the game in the stadium?
I live in Solo and unfortunately I can't go there, but I will see the game on telly :)
How about you? Will you see the game and bring a big banner there? :D
Hey, I like your siggy too :touched:

Btw, I read on newspaper that Withe will prepare Kurniawan and Saktiawan "The Dragon" Sinaga in the line up form in semifinal. I think we should 'activated' our winger Elie Aiboy and Agus Indra to play more offensive.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Feb 29, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    I live in Solo and unfortunately I can't go there, but I will see the game on telly :)
    How about you? Will you see the game and bring a big banner there? :D
    Hey, I like your siggy too :touched:
    Yes, its live on TV7.
    I'll watch it live, both game against Malaysia and one in the final (really really hope it will be Singapore). I'll post some picture from the match, only if it is possibble to capture a good one though.

Btw, I read on newspaper that Withe will prepare Kurniawan and Saktiawan "The Dragon" Sinaga in the line up form in semifinal. I think we should 'activated' our winger Elie Aiboy and Agus Indra to play more offensive.
    Arrggghhh no Saktiawan pleasee :(
    Let Elie Aiboy play as a striker.

---

AFF confirm kick-off times for Tiger Cup climax

Following a meeting of the ASEAN Football Federation in Kuala Lumpur on Friday afternoon, the folowing kick-off times and venues have been declared for the semi-finals and final of the Tiger Cup 2004.

donesia (Group A winner) v Malaysia (Group B runners-up)

28.12.04 1st Leg: Stadium Utama Senayan, Jakarta. Ko 19.45 local time
    01.01.05 2nd Leg: Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur. Ko 20.00 local time

Myanmar (Group B winners) v Singapore (Group A runners-up)

29.12.04 1st Leg: Cheras Stadium, Kuala Lumpur. Ko 19.30 local time
    02.01.05 2nd Leg: National Stadium, Singapore. Ko 19.30 local time

These venues will apply for the finals as well, although should Myanmar and Malaysia qualify, Myanmar wil be able to choose another venue of their choice, but not in Myanmar itself.

The final takes place on January 8 and January 16, a day later than originally scheduled after organisers decided that rescheduling it would maxmise broadcast viewing figures around the region.

----

What is wrong with Myanmar? They dont have any stadium?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Myanmar to play home leg at KLFA Stadium

PETALING JAYA: The Asean Football Federation (AFF) announced yesterday that Myanmar will play the home leg of their Tiger Cup semi-final against Singapore at the Kuala Lumpur Football Stadium in Cheras on Dec 29.

The second leg will be played at the National Stadium in Singapore on Jan 2.

“Before the tournament started, we sent a list to the respective national football associations regarding stadium facility requirements. Myanmar did not have a stadium which could fulfil those requirements. The Myanmar Football Federation (MFF) nominated the KL Football Stadium in Cheras as their home venue. This was approved in May,” said Asean Football Federation (AFF) finance and emergency chairman Ravy Khek.

“We received an appeal from MFF to have the first-leg semi-final in Yangon after Myanmar qualified for the semi-final. But the selection of the venues is contractual.

“The Tiger Cup is very popular in Myanmar but MFF do not have a venue which can accommodate the large number of people who would turn up. Furthermore, we foresee logistics problems as well as communication issues such as lack of Internet access. Even if Myanmar reach the final, they cannot play their home match in Yangon. They have to select one of the stadiums approved by AFF.”

The biggest stadium in Myanmar is the Youth Training Centre in Yangon, which has a maximum capacity of 15,000.

Meanwhile, the first leg of the other semi-finals between Indonesia and Malaysia will be played at Stadium Utama Senayan, Jakarta with the second leg at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil. The second leg will start at 8pm instead of the usual Malaysian kick-off time of 8.45pm. This is to facilitate television coverage.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Singapore and Myanmar defy odds to make semis

BY S. SIVABALAN
    PETALING JAYA: The form-book was thrown out of the window after the completion of the group stages of the Tiger Cup on Thursday. Only two of the usual suspects - Indonesia and Malaysia- qualified for the semi-finals.

Indonesia cruised into the last four as Group A champions but Malaysia struggled to get in, barely making it as second placed finishers in Group B.

Pre-tournament favourites Vietnam and holders Thailand were surprisingly shown the exit, the first time in the series that either team had gone out so early.

Singapore, instead, are in the semi-finals, along with surprise package Myanmar, who topped Group B, ousting Thailand and relegating Malaysia to second place.

Indonesia are now the only team to have qualified for the semi-finals of every edition of the Tiger Cup since its inception in 1996. Indonesia are also the first ever team to qualify for the semi-finals without conceding a goal, which does not bode well for Malaysia, who face them in the semi-finals.

Indonesia scored 17 goals in a relatively harder group and conceded none, and this should send shudders down their opponents.

Malaysia were never convincing, even in their thumping wins over minnows Timor Leste (5-0) and Philippines (4-1). Then, Myanmar brought them down 1-0 and only a brave comeback in the second half saw them beat Thailand 2-1 and squeak into the semi-finals.

Malaysian coach Bertalan Bicskei's risk-taking – he dropped several key players and called back some who had been phased out earlier – reaped rewards but there was no such luck for Sigfried Held.

To be fair, the German, the fourth national coach in little over a year, had just over a month to prepare the team and he had to do it with only three seniors – midfielder Therdsak Chaiman, Sakda Joemdee and defender Jetsada Jitsawad.

“I feel sorry for the people back in Thailand - the team and officials share their disappointment,” said Held, a former German international. “The main reason for us not reaching the semi-finals is inexperience. A lot of the players were playing overseas for the first time and they found it a lot different from playing in the Thai League. I think they will learn.

“The team did not do a lot wrong. It was one minute against Myanmar and two minutes against Malaysia (that proved costly). You have to concentrate the whole match at this level or you will be punished,” said Held during the post match interview after defeating the Philippines 3-1 in their last Group B match.

“This is a young team and maybe we can find some stronger players from the Thai League to join the squad. I am hopeful that in the future we will have a better team,” added the German.

Things got a little rough back at home with the fanatical Thai fans demanding answers from the Football Association of Thailand (FAT). FAT general secretary Worawi Makudi had to give an explanation on a Thai talk show to calm things down.

The biggest casualty, though, was Brazilian Edson Tavares, who resigned after Vietnam lost to Indonesia 0-3. Tavares later clarified that he was asked to leave by the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF).

“The resignation is not my decision,” explained Tavares. “The VFF decided this straight after the game on Saturday (the Indonesian match).

“They didn’t want to fire me but they also didn’t want to keep me, but they made it very clear that they didn’t want me to stay. I proposed to them that I stay until the end of the tournament but they refused my proposal,” added the Brazilian.

Myanmar coach Ivan Kolev is the success story of the tournament, with his team tactics proving to be the deciding factor. The rotation system used by the Bulgarian ensured that fresh legs were available in all matches. He revealed that special training was conducted to improve fitness prior to competing.

Myanmar never looked lethargic on the field, and were capable of scoring last-minute goals. The most important was the 90th minute equaliser by Zaw Lynn Tun against Thailand.

Myanmar could go all the way, the Bulgarian declared before the start of the tournament. Many took him lightly but he has proven as good as his word.

Meanwhile, it’s a return to the limelight for the Singaporeans who won the tournament back in 1998. They believe they have finally managed to overcome a mental block.

“I think we had an inferiority complex when we came up against ‘bigger’ sides before because we never really played that many international matches,” said Singapore skipper Aide Iskander. But things have changed now.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Day Thein one of the stars of the tournament

PETALING JAYA: A 17-year-old from a little-known town 1,300km from Mandalay in Myanmar has proven to be one of the unlikely stars of the Tiger Cup football tournament.

San Day Thein scored his first international goal against the Philippines last week. It was the only goal of the match and came in the 90th minute to put Myanmar on course for their first ever semi-final appearance.

He scored another in the 3-1 win over Timor Leste on Thursday to secure their place in the last four.

Day Thein, the eldest of five siblings, finished his matriculation studies in Keching, a hilly retreat with snow-covered mountains situated about 1,300km from Mandalay. And the two goals were certainly the best way to kick-start his international career.

Day Thein has set his sights on becoming a renowned footballer in the region, if not a professional.

“I hope to take up football as a professional career,” said Day Thein, the youngest player in the tournament. He started playing for his school before joining the inter-state league where he was spotted by Myanmar’s national coach from Bulgaria, Ivan Kolev.

Many youngsters have emerged from the ranks of the Tiger Cup over the years. Day Thein’s performance so far proves that he is likely to join the ranks.

Among the youngsters who made their name in the Tiger Cup and went on to establish themselves as the best in the region are Kiatisuk Senamuang, Therdak Chaiman (Thailand), Aung Kyaw Moe (Myanmar), Le Huynh Duc (Vietnam), Akmal Rizal (Malaysia), S. Subramani (Singapore) and Bambang Pamungkas (Indonesia).

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002

Yes, its live on TV7.
    I'll watch it live, both game against Malaysia and one in the final (really really hope it will be Singapore). I'll post some picture from the match, only if it is possibble to capture a good one though.
    Cool, can't wait :lick:
    Yep, TV7, my savior... :D

Arrggghhh no Saktiawan pleasee :(
    Let Elie Aiboy play as a striker.
    Give him a chance, besides Withe knows what's the best for the team. Umm..could it be possible to play Kurniawan in front as a lone striker? :undecide:
    I mean, we'll play 4-2-3-1, do you think we're gonna defending to much with that formula? Since we've played 4-5-1 formula againts Singapore and it didn't work well :frown:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

You guys sure have a LOT of forwards. Malaysia have 7 strikers so far and only 6 midfielders. I've heard of Indraputra before. He is a striker too, am i correct?

they are not all out and out forwards.. most of them can play as midfielders.. just like Indraputra Mahyudin... he played as a left beck, out and out left winger, as a playmaker.... but considering he is current top scorer of Malaysian Super League, i guess he is more of a striker now... one thing for sure , wherever he plays, he is the most effective player in the national team in recent years... really dont understand why the coach dropped him..hope that decision is not permanent...

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    Myammar's political condition is currently not soo good.. big nations is like campaigning people not to go to Myanmar...
    This is unexpected situation where we face politic vs sports. How irony it's happen to Myanmar, when their soccer NT now in a good conditions.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

This is unexpected situation where we face politic vs sports. How irony it's happen to Myanmar, when their soccer NT now in a good conditions.
    that is my first assumption from their current situation. but apparrently the official reason is because they dont have adequate stadium for the match.. though i think they should have picked a stadium closer to their borders...

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002

that is my first assumption from their current situation. but apparrently the official reason is because they dont have adequate stadium for the match.. though i think they should have picked a stadium closer to their borders...
    Oww I didn't read your previous posts :embarass:
    So, it's about the stadium facility requirements...

OP
    Feb 29, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    The biggest stadium in Myanmar is the Youth Training Centre in Yangon, which has a maximum capacity of 15,000.
    Unbelievable! That is so small!! :eek:

I mean, we'll play 4-2-3-1, do you think we're gonna defending to much with that formula? Since we've played 4-5-1 formula againts Singapore and it didn't work well :frown:
    No, its not our fault. Singapore plays a good 'catenaccio' :D and we aren't too settle yet. And dont forget Malaysia has better strikers than what Singapore has. Singapore plays with 2 strikers but you can count only one :) Agu Casmir is so selfish and egoistic player (who do you think you are, Ronaldinho?). He is a Zlatan kind of player but even more dumber version of him :rofl: (no offense to any singaporeans who read this, don't forget i adore Indra so much :LOL: )

So, the point is, we need more midfielders to back up our defense line. I'm confident with our defender but i've watched Malaysia plays and they are good enough to tear our defense line apart.

by the way, aressandro10, thanks for those info you post. Please post more if you know anything related to the semifinal game, ok :excited:

wandy

Dec 18, 2004
    :cheesy: Saphire_diablo, You stay in Jakarta? I can't watch Tiger CUp because in my area, I can't find TV7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berjayalah, Juve. Dan aku akan terus mendukungmu dan Indonesia, Bangkitlah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
    Feb 29, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by wandy ] ++
    :cheesy: Saphire_diablo, You stay in Jakarta? I can't watch Tiger CUp because in my area, I can't find TV7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berjayalah, Juve. Dan aku akan terus mendukungmu dan Indonesia, Bangkitlah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oooohh nice to see someone from Indonesia :)
    Welcome to the forum :)
    And yes, I live in Jakarta.
    Thats sad you dont get TV7.
    But you can watch it from Cable TV too,
    Star Sport will air all of the semi final match.

--------------------------

Maju... Maju... Ayo majulah... Untuk Indonesia.... Kita harus menang!!!!
    Heheheheh kayaknya gua musti latihan nyanyiin lagu itu tuh buat nanti di stadion Bung Karno :) Moga2 elo pada bisa liat gua di TV :p

wandy

Dec 18, 2004
    :D Emangnya loe mau kelihatan di TV7? Bisa? Tapi maaf gue ngga punya TV kabel. Jadi ngga bisa nonton.
    Aku baru gabung disini, sebelumnya aku lebih banyak di juvefc.com

Sorry, I used Indonesian Language.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Indonesia, Tanah Airku. Tanah Tumpah darahku. Disanalah Aku Berdiri. Jadi Pandu Ibuku. Indonesia, Kebangsaanku, Bangsa dan Tanah Airku. Marilah Kita berseru. Indonesia Bersatu.
    Hiduplah Tanahku, Hiduplah Negeriku, Bangsaku Rakyatku, Semuanya. Bangunlah Jiwanya, Bangunlah Badannya, Untuk Indonesia Raya.
    Indonesia Raya merdeka-Merdeka. Tanahku Negeriku Yang Kucinta.
    Indonesia Raya Merdeka-Merdeka, Hiduplah Indonesia Raya.

OP
    Feb 29, 2004
  • Thread Starter #57
    :D Emangnya loe mau kelihatan di TV7? Bisa? Tapi maaf gue ngga punya TV kabel. Jadi ngga bisa nonton.
    Aku baru gabung disini, sebelumnya aku lebih banyak di juvefc.com

Sorry, I used Indonesian Language.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Indonesia, Tanah Airku. Tanah Tumpah darahku. Disanalah Aku Berdiri. Jadi Pandu Ibuku. Indonesia, Kebangsaanku, Bangsa dan Tanah Airku. Marilah Kita berseru. Indonesia Bersatu.
    Hiduplah Tanahku, Hiduplah Negeriku, Bangsaku Rakyatku, Semuanya. Bangunlah Jiwanya, Bangunlah Badannya, Untuk Indonesia Raya.
    Indonesia Raya merdeka-Merdeka. Tanahku Negeriku Yang Kucinta.
    Indonesia Raya Merdeka-Merdeka, Hiduplah Indonesia Raya.
    By the way i have never go to Bali :p
    Maybe I'm the only person in Indonesia that haven't go there :)
    They said its beautiful, but well, maybe next time :D

---------------------------------

Gampang lagi kalo mau masuk TV, lakukan aja hal-hal yang norak ntar juga kesorot hehehehehe :p

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003

by the way, aressandro10, thanks for those info you post. Please post more if you know anything related to the semifinal game, ok :excited:
    no problem.. i copied that from one of our english online newspaper's site. Maybe u could do that also from your English newspaper... want to know also what the villain team thinks :devil:

wandy

Dec 18, 2004

By the way i have never go to Bali :p
    Maybe I'm the only person in Indonesia that haven't go there :)
    They said its beautiful, but well, maybe next time :D

---------------------------------

Gampang lagi kalo mau masuk TV, lakukan aja hal-hal yang norak ntar juga kesorot hehehehehe :p
    Kalau gitu masuk kelapangan saja, ngga pake celana. Boleh juga tuh!
    :D

By the way, you in Jakarta, in south, east, west, centre or north?
    You join in JFC? I want join to that club, but I too busy to join in that club.

OP
    Feb 29, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    no problem.. i copied that from one of our english online newspaper's site. Maybe u could do that also from your English newspaper... want to know also what the villain team thinks :devil:
    We have no english newspaper T_T
    Most of us are too stopid to read foreign languages :D

I'll tell you something about Singapore condition. Most of Spore fans are afraid of Myanmar because Myanmar beats Spore in the last Tiger Cup. Thats silly, Ivan Kolev is not that good, this guy cant even speak english. He ruins our squad when he is in charge.

And about Indonesia, you can expect a full stadium in the knock out round. In almost every Indonesian forum i go, there are always one thread that talks about the match and how they will go to the stadium together.

Kalau gitu masuk kelapangan saja, ngga pake celana. Boleh juga tuh!
    :D
    By the way, you in Jakarta, in south, east, west, centre or north?
    You join in JFC? I want join to that club, but I too busy to join in that club.
    Weks ntar gua masuk black list lagi T_T terus ntar ga boleh nonton Indonesia v Spore gimana donk...

I'm in Eastern Jakarta. JFC? Maybe you mean JF-I? Yes, I'm one of the staff that works for JF-I. You don't need to join now, just wait until we expand to Bali :) then it will be easier for you to join.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)