*OFFICIAL* The President Barack Obama Thead (5 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
This is what he said, he did mention the "G" word but not in English, he said it in Armenian, which is "Medz Yeghern"

Statement of President Barack Obama on Armenian Remembrance Day

Ninety four years ago, one of the great atrocities of the 20th century began. Each year, we pause to remember the 1.5 million Armenians who were subsequently massacred or marched to their death in the final days of the Ottoman Empire. The Meds Yeghern must live on in our memories, just as it lives on in the hearts of the Armenian people.

History, unresolved, can be a heavy weight. Just as the terrible events of 1915 remind us of the dark prospect of man’s inhumanity to man, reckoning with the past holds out the powerful promise of reconciliation. I have consistently stated my own view of what occurred in 1915, and my view of that history has not changed. My interest remains the achievement of a full, frank and just acknowledgment of the facts.

The best way to advance that goal right now is for the Armenian and Turkish people to address the facts of the past as a part of their efforts to move forward. I strongly support efforts by the Turkish and Armenian people to work through this painful history in a way that is honest, open, and constructive. To that end, there has been courageous and important dialogue among Armenians and Turks, and within Turkey itself. I also strongly support the efforts by Turkey and Armenia to normalize their bilateral relations. Under Swiss auspices, the two governments have agreed on a framework and roadmap for normalization. I commend this progress, and urge them to fulfill its promise.

Together, Armenia and Turkey can forge a relationship that is peaceful, productive and prosperous. And together, the Armenian and Turkish people will be stronger as they acknowledge their common history and recognize their common humanity.

Nothing brings back those who were lost in the Meds Yeghern, they are gone. But the contributions that Armenians have made over the last ninety-four years stand as a testament to the talent, dynamism and resilience of the Armenian people, and as the ultimate rebuke to those who tried to destroy them. The United States of America is a far richer country because of the many Americans of Armenian descent who have contributed to our society, many of whom immigrated to this country in the aftermath of 1915. Today, I stand with them and with Armenians everywhere with a sense of friendship, solidarity, and deep respect.

Adam Schiff commemorates Armenian Genocide

“I am proud that in Congress more than a hundred members have cosponsored the genocide resolution, House Resolution 252, including the House Majority Leader, the House Republican Whip and the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee. Although the President today acknowledged the deaths of a million and a half Armenians during the Armenian Genocide, I am deeply disappointed by his decision not to use the word "genocide" in his statement. Nonetheless, our work will go on undaunted. We will not become complicit in Ankara's campaign of denial. We will persevere until it is the policy of the United States to recognize genocide wherever and whenever it occurs, and to do all in its power to prevent this scourge from tarnishing the human race ever again.”

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
People are so dumb to even care about Hugo Chavez. The funny thing is, the man gives heating oil to some Americans around Boston for NOTHING. yet all that is said about him is that he's a leftist terrorist.

Seriously, shut the fuck up about him and stop believing your own goddamn media source. You fucking morons.

And I don't even like Chavez, but forza him against ALL the idiots here who believe our media.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
People are so dumb to even care about Hugo Chavez. The funny thing is, the man gives heating oil to some Americans around Boston for NOTHING. yet all that is said about him is that he's a leftist terrorist.

Seriously, shut the fuck up about him and stop believing your own goddamn media source. You fucking morons.

And I don't even like Chavez, but forza him against ALL the idiots here who believe our media.
Hold on there, Andy, you dont have to listen to our media, when you can hear the words come out of that retards mouth...

and if you happen to know any Venezuelans, ask them their opinion of him

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only opinions you ever hear of Chavez are of the upper class, but that's not the point.

You know for a fact our media is skewed, as you can see through the election of Obama. It was the same thing under Bush.

Just understand my man, these people are the same. Throw away your Repub - Lib propaganda and just see it for what it is. The same bullshit that has plagued us for long enough.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Hold on there, Andy, you dont have to listen to our media, when you can hear the words come out of that retards mouth...

and if you happen to know any Venezuelans, ask them their opinion of him
Exactly. Iran's people revoluted for freedom 30 years ago. They fought against Shah of Iran and overturned his dictatorship. Nothing changed though. We only shifted the Shah's dictatorship to the dictatorship of the Mullahs. Now if you get all your knowledge about Iran from our media, you'll think that Iran is the kingdom of heaven. You have to know the majority of people's opinions. Our government is feeding the world with their crap about how people do love them. It's pretty much the same with Cubans and Castro, Venezuelans and Chavez. You have to know what people think of them.

In Deconstructing Harry movie, Harry visits Hell, wherein he takes an elevator through the multiple levels. While the level six is belonged to the serial killers, we have this in the 7th floor:

"Floor 7: The Media. Sorry, that floor is all filled up." :howler:

It's the same all over the world no matter if it's BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera, IRIB, etc.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

I was too tired last night, and forgot about this comment (still tired, btw...overworked !!)

If Chavez giving free heating oil to a few ppl in Boston isnt the biggest bunch of propaganda going, then someone telll me what is ??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why's that dumb Paki, Afghani, African... whatever... Obama, talkin' about securing da borders? How da hell are we gonna securrr da borders when every state shares a border? Texas shares da borders, New Mexico shares da borders, Montana shares da borders, Oklahoma shares da borders, West Virginia shares da borders... I walk out my own farm herrrr and into Ohio. How's dat dumb Paki stop me from doing that?! What he gunna do, put a fence up around my house? He better not do dat, cuz he ain't know wats comin' for him.

Same thing goes for the Mason-Dixob line! He ain't gonna stop nuttin'

Dumb PAKI!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)