Official: Cannavaro and Emerson to Real Madrid (3 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
MADRID, July 19, 2006 (AFP) - Real Madrid on Wednesday snapped up Italy's World Cup winning skipper Fabio Cannavaro as well as Brazilian midfielder Emerson from scandal-hit Juventus, the club reported on its website.

The club said its sporting director Pedja Mijatovic had been in Turin to tie up the deal which Cadena Ser radio reported was worth a combined 20 million euros.

The pair signed for two seasons with a further one-year option as they rejoined Real's former Juve coach Fabio Capello, the trio having left the Italian giants, who were relegated in the wake of the match-fixing scandal.

The Turin club were also stripped of their last two Italian league titles and penalised 30 points, while Lazio and Fiorentina were also demoted to Serie B and docked seven and 12 points respectively.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060719/sp_soccer_afp/fblespitarealmadrid_060719204808

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    A stupid amount of money!!

-----------------------------------------

Spanish radio claim the fee for the pair is in the region of 20 million euros (£13.7million).

A statement on www.realmadrid.com read: "Real Madrid can confirm it has reached an agreement with Juventus over the signing of Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson.

"The players are currently on holiday and will be presented at the Bernabeu after signing their respective contracts."

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/19072006/4/madrid-swoop-juve-duo.html

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    DelPierino said:
    I´m not sad about the lost of Emerson but Canna i will realy miss him!:cry:

we all understand here the decision of canna. He's 32 and couldn't risk his career. now he has 2 years to win something. Eventough, i'll miss him really for the great anti-attacker he's

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    Fabio Cannavaro factbox

July 19 (Reuters) - Factbox on Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro, who agreed to join Real Madrid together with Juventus team mate Emerson on Wednesday.

Born Sept. 13 1973

* Cannavaro captained Italy to their 2006 World Cup triumph and was widely regarded as one of the tournament's outstanding players with his inspirational performances at the heart of the Azzurri back four.

* He made his debut for Italy in 1997 and became a fixture in the team soon after.

* Won his 100th cap in Italy's penalty shootout over France in the World Cup final, effectively cancelling out the opposition attack with another masterful display at the back.

* He was also part of the Italy side that finished runners-up in Euro 2000 and was Italy captain when they made their disappointing exit at the group stage at Euro 2004.

* Has won consecutive championships with Juventus, but the club has been stripped of the titles as part of the punishment for their involvement in the Italian match-fixing scandal.

* Is one of a number of Juventus players who were expected to leave the club in the wake of the scandal.

* He will be joined by Juventus team mate Emerson at Real who are coached by former Juventus boss Fabio Capello.

* Began his career at hometown club Napoli.

* Moved to Parma in 1995 and won the Italian Cup and UEFA Cup with the club in 1999.

* Played for Inter Milan between 2002 and 2004.

* Was controversially shown inserting a drip into his arm on the eve of the 3-0 victory over Olympique Marseille in the 1999 UEFA Cup final. His lawyer confirmed the drip contained Neoton, a drug used in cardiac surgery to protect the heart and not on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list of banned substances.

Reuters

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Someone can confirm this¿

Because alessio Secco said that he is willing 5o sell players but what real madrid is offering is too low!!.

I want to see thsi confirmed in channel4

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    Dominic said:
    20 million for both Cannavaro and Emerson= 40 million euro's.

We couldn't expect anymore in our situation to be honest.
    I understood that the gross amount is 20 million and not 20 million for each of them...

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Dominic said:
    20 million for both Cannavaro and Emerson= 40 million euro's.

We couldn't expect anymore in our situation to be honest.
    I'm surprised. That's a good deal of money then.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    fuck. Fuck. FUck. FUCk. FUCK.

I don't give a damn about Emerson, but I'm really sad about Canna. Our best players IMO....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)