Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #21
    So what would your team be if you guys were leading Italy instead of Donadoni ?
    Here are the names of the players that played during the last qualifiers and friendlies, plus some other candidates. (Nesta and Totti retired and they aren't included)

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Amelia, Curci, Abbiatti
    Defenders / right side: Oddo, Zambrotta( can play LB also), Zaccardo, De Silvestri, Bonera, Panucci
    Defenders / left side: Pasqual, Grosso, Cassetti, Dossena, Chiellini (can play CB also)
    Centre backs : F.Cannavaro, P.Cannavaro, Materazzi, Gamberini, Barzagli, Domizzi, Legrottaglie, Carrozzieri
    Defensive midfielders: Zanetti, Gattuso, Ambrosini, De Rossi, Nocerino, Mutarelli, Palombo
    Central midfielders : Pirlo, Aquilani, Montolivo, Cigarini
    Midfielders/wingers left: Perrotta, Giovinco, Palladino, Langella
    Midfielders/wingers right: Camoranesi, Semioli
    Attacking midfielders: Doni, Mauri, Rosina
    Forwards: Del Piero, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Di Natale, Cassano, Vieri, Toni, Iaquinta, Rocchi, Tavano, Quagliarella, Lucarelli, Amauri (if he gets the italian passport)

This would be my team (23 players, 3 of them must be goalkeepers) :

Gk: Buffon, Amelia, Abbiatti
    Fullbacks: Zambrotta, Grosso, Pasqual, Oddo (he is awful lately, though)
    Centre backs: Chiellini, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Gamberini (no Barzagli :eyebrows: )
    DMC: Gattuso, Zanetti, De Rossi
    Other midfielders: Pirlo, Perrotta, Camoranesi and one of Aquilani /Rosina/Doni/Giovinco :p
    Forwards: Del Piero, Toni, Cassano, Iaquinta and one of Di Natale/Inzaghi/Amauri

Try to be objective
    Gk: Buffon,Amelia,Abbiati
    Fullbacks: Zambrotta,Grosso,Zaccardo,Pasqual,Oddo
    Centre backs: Chiellini,Cannavaro,Barzagli,Materazzi
    DMC: Zanetti,Gattuso,De Rossi,Pirlo
    AM: Camo,Aquilani,Palladino
    ST: Del Piero,Iaquinta,Toni,Di Natale

Buy on AliExpress.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    I didn't want to know who will go to the EURO and who won't. I just wanted to know who will You guys and girls call for the EURO if you were Italian NT coach (but don't take the full Juve squad :p )

The squad i wrote above would be my choice if i'm objective. If i'm subjective then i'd take only Juve players, or what's more possible, i'd take the worst Italian players because Italy is Croatian potential rival at the EURO , after all. :pumpkin:
    I know, I was just backing up some of my decisions. :p The team you picked was fine. :tup:

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    new comments from insane milanista dog

Donadoni To Call Up Langella Instead Of Del Piero?

Azzurri boss Roberto Donadoni is not giving too much away about his squad for next week’s friendly against Portugal, but he has hinted that Antonio Langella may be granted a recall instead of Alessandro Del Piero.

Thirty-year-old Atalanta striker Langella is one of the most in-form players in Serie A at the moment, having scored in consecutive games against Milan and Reggina.

The Neapolitan was particularly impressive during the 2-1 win over the Rossoneri as he gave Alessandro Nesta an absolutely torrid time, continually leaving the defender for dead, and dummying the star beautifully on the goal he scored.

This has led to reports that Donadoni is considering recalling Langella, who has only played three times for his country, his last appearance coming three years ago.

"Del Piero scored on Sunday? Well Langella also scored,” said Donadoni when quizzed about whether Del Piero would be called up.

“I like watching everyone but players must show consistency to their performances.

“Cassano, for example, at this moment is succeeding. However, I have not yet decided who to call-up against Portugal, there are many players under observation but certainly you will see a real Italy."

With Euro 2008 just four months away, the time for experimenting is over, and it is believed that the squad that Donadoni picks to play Portugal in Zurich next Wednesday will not be too dissimilar to the one that travels to Austria and Switzerland in June.
    ......:wth: :doh: :ferocious

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ______________Buffon
    Zambrotta Cannavaro Chiellini Pasqual
    __________Pirlo Zanetti
    Camoranesi_______ Di Natale
    _____________Del Piero
    ___________Toni

Amelia, Abbiati, Oddo, Materazzi, Legrottaglie, Grosso, Gattuso, De Rossi, Perrotta, Aquilani, Iaquinta, Vieri

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    -----------------------Buffon----------------------

---Oddo------Cannavaro------Chielleni-----Zambrotta

------------------Pirlo------------De Rossi-----------

---Camoranesi---------Perrotta------------Di Natale

---------------------------Toni-------------------

Subs:

Gk: Amelia and Abbiati
    Fullbacks: Pasqual and Panucci
    CB's: Barzagli and Materazzi
    DM-CM: Aquilani, Gatusso and Zanetti
    Attacking Mids\wingers: Rosina and Montolivo
    Strikers: Iaquinta and Amauri(if he gets a passport) if not then DP.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    -----------------------Buffon----------------------

---Zambrotta------Barzagli-----Cannavaro------Chiellini-----

--------------------------Gatusso---------------

---Camoranesi---------Pirlo------------Di Natale

--------------Amauri-------------Toni-------------------

Subs:

Gk: Amelia and Abbiati
    Defenders: Pasqual or Grosso, Oddo and Materazzi
    DM-CM: Aquilani or Doni, Perrotta or Mauri, De Rossi and Zanetti
    Attacking Mids\wingers: Rosina and an LM better than Palla
    Attackers: Iaquinta or Gila and DP.

Or means that, we may take one of them and the chosen one between the two will be the most on form player!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Gk:
    Buffon, Amelia, Abbiatti
    Defenders : Cannavaro,Barzagli,Materazzi,Chielleni,Panucci,Grosso,Zaccardo,Zambrotta
    Midfielders :
    Pirlo,Gatusso,Perrota,De Rossi,Aquilani,Camoranesi
    Forwards :
    Cassano,Del Piero,Vieri,Toni,Iaquinta

I was a bit divided over wether Zanetti should be called up.I think Italy have sufficent cover in that department already.I added Vieri out of sheer sentimental value however:D

OP
    Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #37
    ____________________Buffon____________________

Zaccardo_______Cannavaro___Chiellini_______Grosso

__________Pirlo______Zanetti______De Rossi__________

__________Camo________________Del Piero__________

___________________Toni________________________

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)