Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
they stripped of 2 goals because of calciopoli(moggi fixed 2 goals) and we were guilty I can live with that.you are biased and one sided and blinded
You would be the last person I would ask; yopu that did not know that your own country had not qualified for the Euro2008 before you announced that they had.

You dont even know about football in your own country so how can you know whats going on elsewhere

OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #203
    You would be the last person I would ask; yopu that did not know that your own country had not qualified for the Euro2008 before you announced that they had.

You dont even know about football in your own country so how can you know whats going on elsewhere
    you dumb

I announced it because Turkiye's last match was against Bosnia.Moggi fixed it too.one maserati was enough to win it.

don't you know!?!!

Moggi is working for us after calciopoli.thats why I am using this avatar

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I am sure you were trying to raise a laugh with your tired old punchline that was not funny first time out.

But you have also implied that Bosnia players sold out their country and Norway for a maserati. But of cos i am the dumb 1

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Sacchi Praises Donadoni’s Italy

Former Italy national team boss says Arrigo Sacchi says he likes what he is seeing from the current Azzurri squad under Roberto Donadoni.

Italy produced a very impressive 3-1 win over Portugal last night in Zurich, with Luca Toni, Fabio Cannavaro and Fabio Quagliarella grabbing the goals.

Historically the Azzurri have never taken friendlies very seriously, however there has been a change in attitude under first Marcello Lippi and now Roberto Donadoni.

“This team is showing a seriousness and professionalism that we have not always had in friendly matches and this is an important finding from the work of Donadoni," said Sacchi.

"We are more serious than in the past and we have greater application and knowledge of the role that Italy should have in the world of football.

“I must say that all this is positive. The football we are playing is Italian. It is very practical, where ball possession and territory are not important.”

Portugal enjoyed long spells of yesterday’s game where they dominated possession, however they failed to create many clear-cut chances, while Italy looked dangerous almost every time they came forward.

Sacchi was on the Italian bench from 1991 to 1996, and he led Italy to the final of the 1994 World Cup where they lost on penalties to Brazil.

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Donadoni To Discuss Contract Renewal By End Of Month

Italian national team coach Roberto Donadoni revealed that he is set to meet with FA president Abete this month in order to negotiate a possible contract extension.

A lot of speculation had surrounded Donadoni's contract, with many predicting that he would be awarded a renewal only if the Azzurri reach the semi-finals of the European Championships.

However, on Sunday evening the Italian national team coach explained that he will be meeting president Abete soon, and that things will be cleared up by the end of this month.

"There was a lot of talk, but the truth is that president Abete has the intention to speak with me by the end of February, whereas the other things are merely for the newspapers," declared Donadoni during 'ControCampo'.

"At the end of Italy-Portugal I did not say anything," he continued. "When president Abete and I will meet we shall talk and we shall see.

"The 'ifs' are not worth anything, only real facts matter. Now I don't want to think about anything else. I know that there is trust from the president - I have no reason to think otherwise.

"I only see the shadows during the day, when the sun is out," Donadoni concluded, with no small measure of poetry.

Iaquinta Targets The European Championships

Juventus forward Vincenzo Iaquinta admitted that he was disappointed by last week's omission from the Azzurri squad and he hopes that national team coach Roberto Donadoni will consider him for the final party for Euro 2008.

Iaquinta wants to be part of the team who will be travelling for this year's European Championships and has sent clear messages to Donadoni that he will do his utmost to be part of the final squad.

"There are just four months left for the European Championships and I want to be there," declared the former Udinese attacker on Sunday afternoon.

"I did not take well the recent exclusion," he continued, "Because I wanted to be there. Now I hope that the national team coach calls me up."

Iaquinta was fundamental on Sunday for Juventus as he scored the winning goal against his former side after just a few seconds that he came on the pitch instead of a disappointing David Trezeguet.

The 28-year-old has scored seven goals in 15 Serie A appearances since signing for the Old Lady last summer.

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I guess this is the right place to post this...

Abete's maybe on 2012

Italian Football Federation President Giancarlo Abete has discussed the possibility of Italy stepping in to host Euro 2012.

Ukraine and Poland were selected to stage the European Championships in four years’ time, but there are fears that the two nations have logistical problems.

Italy could relieve the Eastern European nations of the event should FIFA decide the infrastructure won’t be able to handle the demands of a major tournament, but Abete may settle for a Euro 2016 bid.

“UEFA have given a deadline of four to six months for Poland and Ukraine to bring things to the right level,” he told Radio Rai.

“The decision made in 2007 was political in the sense that they wanted to give a lift to Eastern Europe.

“After Euro 2008 we will see what the situation is. Truthfully, I hope that these two countries can make the most of this chance, but if there are any problems then the competition to host it will be reopened.

“In any case, we need to think about restructuring our stadiums ahead of any decision.

“There’s still plenty of time to think about 2016, as applications haven’t opened yet. We will talk about it in 2009. It’s our job to get things up to the necessary standard in case.”

With so much Press attention focused on Roberto Donadoni’s forthcoming contract extension, the conversation inevitably turned to the Azzurri Coach.

“In the coming days I will meet Donadoni,” Abete said. “I am happy that everyone is giving so much attention to his renewal because that’s a testament to the appreciation everyone has for him as a Coach and a person.

“We will try and speed things up just because we don’t want this to become too much of an issue. But there’s a great trust and the only worry is finding the chance to meet.”

Finally, Abete gave his view on this summer’s Olympics where Italy will try and go better than last time’s bronze medal.

“I’m hoping that we have a competitive squad because the last Olympics in Greece was a great chance to show the quality of Italian football,” Abete maintained.

“We will be looking for another positive result after the third place under Claudio Gentile in 2004. There will be a lot of attention on the football and there will be full stadiums.

“Overage players? The technical decisions will be made by the Coach - his autonomy is fundamental.”

channel 4

Sep 26, 2007
    Oh that would be great having the Euros in Italy. Italy has sucha great atmosphere for the Azzurri games.

PS I'm just going to ignore all the Donadoni praise and contract talk in those articles.

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
    Sacchi Praises Donadoni’s Italy

Former Italy national team boss says Arrigo Sacchi says he likes what he is seeing from the current Azzurri squad under Roberto Donadoni.

Italy produced a very impressive 3-1 win over Portugal last night in Zurich, with Luca Toni, Fabio Cannavaro and Fabio Quagliarella grabbing the goals.

Historically the Azzurri have never taken friendlies very seriously, however there has been a change in attitude under first Marcello Lippi and now Roberto Donadoni.

“This team is showing a seriousness and professionalism that we have not always had in friendly matches and this is an important finding from the work of Donadoni," said Sacchi.

"We are more serious than in the past and we have greater application and knowledge of the role that Italy should have in the world of football.

“I must say that all this is positive. The football we are playing is Italian. It is very practical, where ball possession and territory are not important.”

Portugal enjoyed long spells of yesterday’s game where they dominated possession, however they failed to create many clear-cut chances, while Italy looked dangerous almost every time they came forward.

Sacchi was on the Italian bench from 1991 to 1996, and he led Italy to the final of the 1994 World Cup where they lost on penalties to Brazil.

goal.com
    Yea they played a great match. Can't wait for June. Forza Azzurri:pint:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Donadoni: Del Piero Is One Of Many Players

Azzurri boss Roberto Donadoni says that Alessandro Del Piero is just one of many players, when questioned if the Juve star will win a recall to the national team.

Del Piero

Del Piero has not played for his country since last September and many are starting to doubt that he will travel to Euro 2008 after he was left out of the squad who played Portugal last week.

"Del Piero is one of many players, in the sense that his future, not only in the national team, is tied to what he does and how he does it,” said Donadoni.

Gilardino

The ex-Livorno Coach was also asked about Alberto Gilardino’s possibilities after the Milan striker said that he was surprised not to be chosen for the Portugal game.

"I went to see him last night against Livorno. Let him be quiet and work in peace,” Donadoni stated.

Spain

Italy’s next match is against Spain next month, and Donadoni was asked for some clues on the players he would be selecting in his squad.

"I will be honest, I find it difficult now to think in these terms, as there is still a month and a half until the friendly with Spain. But broadly speaking, I have in mind the group I want to select,” he admitted.

goal.com

Sep 26, 2007
    I disagree. I hope Iaquinta gets called up. He performs when needed with the Azzurri. He has performed as well under Donadoni, but he performed well with Lippi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)