Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
At the current time,France is superior to Italy.If Italy still had Totti and Nesta,id have no doubt in calling them the superior team.I was just amazed at how people still think that Italy won the world cup because of luck and Buffon only,whereas anyone who saw Italy play knows that Cannavaro was their best player,and arguably the best in the tournament.
I don't know if you guys saw a different world cup from me but what did Totti do? He was completely ordinary. He didn't have an effect on the match outcome. He certainly didn't play like the fantastista that everyone claims he is. imo DP did more during the WC than Totti

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
no attacking player was amzing.. it was the collective which was amazing
i think Gattuso stood out he was amazing, i hope we wont miss him against Ukraine. the partnership between barzagli and canna was great, canna played like his old self and barzagli silenced a lot of his critics to bad we didn't sign him, zambro was ok oooo was awful but i think it was one of those games so i would start the same back 4.

hopefully pirlo is fit cos on his day his amazing to watch, de rossi had a nigtmare but with gattuso suspended he has to up his game, camo just lacked match fitness so i would bring him on as a sub

dp had one of those days but i don't blame him, i doubt its a walk in a park playing along side pippo and pippo i just dont get it

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
im sorry to say that our chance to qualify is not good at all as long as that donadoni present he made a lot of fatal mistakes he did play with a tactic like we were already qualified and we didnt need those 3 pts

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #928
    i read the azzurri's formation agaisnt ukraine will be a 4-2-3-1. if this is true i would make this.
    ------------------Buffon
    Oddo-----canna-------barzagli-----zambrotta
    --------------pirlo------de rossi
    camoranesi------perrota-------quagliarella
    ------------------Lucarelli/inzaghi
    I think quagliarella will be important to have in the side because in such a tight game the potential for a wonder goal from him would really help us out. perrota plays excellently for roma behind Potti(douche) and should be in the center not on the wing. I'm still not sure about inzaghi or Lucarelli. btw what do you guys think about Quagliarella's abilitys other than his long range goals. i have only seen him play a handful of games and have still not formed a huge opinion on him. how is the rest of his game?

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #930
    i still think our main problem aside from injuries is our dumbass coach crapadoni. he needs to be axed.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    im sorry to say that our chance to qualify is not good at all as long as that donadoni present he made a lot of fatal mistakes he did play with a tactic like we were already qualified and we didnt need those 3 pts
    I think you folk are over estimating Scotland.

We will lose to France on Wednesday, we will struggle to win at home v Ukraine, we will struggle to beat Georgia at home and we will struggle to beat you as well.

It is entirely possible we will only get another couple of points, which would mean if Italy only won another 2 games it may be enough to qualify.

gmyrek

May 4, 2007
    I think you folk are over estimating Scotland.

We will lose to France on Wednesday, we will struggle to win at home v Ukraine, we will struggle to beat Georgia at home and we will struggle to beat you as well.

It is entirely possible we will only get another couple of points, which would mean if Italy only won another 2 games it may be enough to qualify.
    I am not sure Scotland will loose to France.I think they will battle hard and get a draw. And even if they don`t play that well, they are always hard to beat at home.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    I don't know if you guys saw a different world cup from me but what did Totti do? He was completely ordinary. He didn't have an effect on the match outcome. He certainly didn't play like the fantastista that everyone claims he is. imo DP did more during the WC than Totti
    I didnt mention Nesta and Totti's worldcup performance.I mentioned their names simply because of the quality the bring as players.Totti was crap during the world cup.And Nesta didnt even play enough.But the fact is that if both of them were still playing with the NT,the team would be stronger than it is today.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i wouldn't give him the job but the fact is his better then donadoni and his killing me as a commentator the sooner he gets a coaching job the better but NOT as the Azzurri coach
    Capello is the obvious choice for the NT right now incase Donadoni fucks up.I really hope that he takes Italy to the euros,but if he doesnt,he'd get the sack and there is no one with more pedigree than Capello available out there when it comes to Italian coaches.Lippi wont come back to the National Team.Plus the fact that Capello is unemployed would further increase his chances of taking the NT spot.

And even if Donadoni does take Italy to the euros,i hope they do well,but if he doesnt(which im afraid is what'll happen) then he'd get the boot,and again,we end up with the Capello situation.

Im pretty confident of Capello being incharge of the NT for the 2010 finals.The only thing that might change that as far as im concerned is an Italian victory at Euro 2008.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i read the azzurri's formation agaisnt ukraine will be a 4-2-3-1. if this is true i would make this.
    ------------------Buffon
    Oddo-----canna-------barzagli-----zambrotta
    --------------pirlo------de rossi
    camoranesi------perrota-------quagliarella
    ------------------Lucarelli/inzaghi
    I think quagliarella will be important to have in the side because in such a tight game the potential for a wonder goal from him would really help us out. perrota plays excellently for roma behind Potti(douche) and should be in the center not on the wing. I'm still not sure about inzaghi or Lucarelli. btw what do you guys think about Quagliarella's abilitys other than his long range goals. i have only seen him play a handful of games and have still not formed a huge opinion on him. how is the rest of his game?

Quagliarella is an extremley exciting prospect.I think he's fairly underrated.He brings a lot to the game other than long range shots.His movement is pretty good,and can cause a fair amount of panic in the opposing defence on his day.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Del Piero blames Les Bleus

Alessandro Del Piero believes France's negative approach was the reason for Italy's disappointing display against France.

The media was highly critical of the 0-0 draw on Saturday and in particular the lack of bite from Del Piero and Pippo Inzaghi.

"It was difficult to find space up front," insisted Alex. "France were very covered up and players like Eric Abidal and Lassana Diarra rarely pushed past the halfway line. This proves it was important for them not to lose."

The same was true of the Azzurri, who are stuttering in Euro 2008 qualifying Group B, where they lag behind France and Scotland.

"We ran a lot and didn't run many risks in a game it was crucial to win, but equally important not to lose. The draw, for what we saw on the field, was the right result. Unfortunately, we only played well in bursts."

Del Piero is set to be shelved against Ukraine this evening, as Juventus teammate Vincenzo Iaquinta is the favourite to replace him in a 4-2-3-1 system.

"In terms of determination, I think we won't need that much more than we showed against France, as we did put everything into it," he assured.

"We just hope to find a better situation in Kiev and to get the full result."

channel 4

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    such a big game for italy. they must look to a hero yet i dont see many in the making, i have no doubt this will b a terribly ugly game when maybe a flukey goal will b the difference!

Jul 2, 2006
    weren't you banned for this?? FFS keep this Racism/Nationalism out of here, I know what is there in your mind, and no you can't fool me, it is not you "bad English" :disagree:

no I did not banned for this

you must blind if you cannot see they are Africans except 3 players
    France steal African players' success

its national team not club team

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)