Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Totti shouldn't even be considered as a choice. Donadoni shouldn't of said "the door is always open". It means they can come and go as they please, and that's not fair to other guys that worked so hard. We earned the right to play in euro 2008 so what right does totti have to join the team after other guys did all the dirty work? We don't need a pre-madonna crybaby on this team.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Totti:mai pensato a ritorno azzurro
Lun 19 Nov, 09:15 PM

(ANSA) - ROMA, 19 NOV - 'Conosco le regole del gruppo e per rispetto non potrei mai pensare di tornare in azzurro'.

Francesco Totti chiarisce la sua posizione. Il capitano della Roma mette a tacere ogni voce su un suo possibile ripensamento rispetto alla nazionale. 'La mia decisione di abbandonare la nazionale - precisa Totti - l'ho presa dopo i mondiali in Germania. La federazione mi chiese pazientare e l'ho fatto. Il mio rapporto con Donadoni e con la Federazione e' stato chiaro e civile''

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Totti Not Considering Azzurri Return

Roma captain Francesco Totti talked down speculation of a possible return to the Azzurri.

Perhaps it was inevitable that, after Italy secured their ticket to Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland, there would yet again be talks of a possible return of Francesco Totti to the Italian national team. An issue that has been talked about for a very long time, even more after he announced his retirement from the Azzurri during the summer close season.

It seems the victory against Scotland last weekend has changed nothing to the situation. Also because coach Roberto Donadoni seems by now used to handling big-name absences like Totti and Milan defender Alessandro Nesta, who also announced his retirement shortly after the Roma player. Totti himself also doesn't seem inclined to make any shocking u-turns.

"I know the rules of the group and out of respect I couldn't think of a return with the Azzurri," the Roma captain said. "I took the decision to retire after the World Cup in Germany. The Federation asked me to have patience, and I did. My relationship with Donadoni and the Federation was always clear and honest."

goal.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Totti shouldn't even be considered as a choice. Donadoni shouldn't of said "the door is always open". It means they can come and go as they please, and that's not fair to other guys that worked so hard. We earned the right to play in euro 2008 so what right does totti have to join the team after other guys did all the dirty work? We don't need a pre-madonna crybaby on this team.
:tup:

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,068
    Italy wont have their world cup defence back even if Materazzi regains form and fitness.There is no Grosso or Zaccardo,plus Panucci is unpredictable.Id have liked it if Zaccardo was given more chances on the RB position though.He does have talent.
    Grosso could return to form he has been better this season. And i don't think zaccardo is ever going to get much of a chance with the azzurri again. The only thing anybody remembers is that awful own goal agaisnt America no matter how he plays Don is to much of an idiot to select him.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,069
    I have to say i find it amusing that right before the W.C. many people were saying Italy were shit and not the team they used to be. Now we are world champions and topped the toughest euro qualifying group. After our poor start to the campaign i still had full confidence in the azzurri qualifying. So to all of you who said Italy wouldn't qualify for the euros IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!! And on another note i will be pissed off at pannuci if France lose to Ukraine because if he had headed just a little over the bar we could of had a franceless competition. Of course i will root agaisnt them anyway because France are shite coached by an asshole who deserves an ass kicking by chuck norris. (that would get his head screwed on strait).

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,071
    how about a no disqualify ladder hell in a cell match between domenech and donadoni? surely can create history in wrestling! who do u think will win??
    Domenech would sit there and taunt don then try to run when Don got close Don would keep missing Domenech who is still yelling insults and trying to run away.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Italy to rotate in first home game since riots

MILAN, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Italy can afford to rotate their squad for Wednesday's Euro 2008 Group B game at home to Faroe Islands having secured qualification thanks to Saturday's 2-1 win in Scotland.

A victory in Modena over the bottom side would secure top spot in the group ahead of already qualified France but events in the stands and outside the stadium may be of more interest that action on the pitch.

The match will be the first professional game played in Italy since riots in Rome a week last Sunday following the shooting dead of a Lazio fan by a police officer.

All Serie B and C games were postponed last weekend as a mark of respect for the dead man with authorities also busy tightening security ahead of the resumption of action.

No trouble is expected in the northern city of Modena, especially with the Faroes bringing very few fans, but police will still be on guard given the recent violence aimed at them.

Atalanta's match with AC Milan was abandoned two Sundays ago when 'ultras', who had clashed with police before kickoff, tried to smash a glass perimiter fence.

On the pitch Italy coach Roberto Donadoni is likely to tinker with his lineup, if only to avoid the anger of Serie A bosses should any injuries occur in a meaningless match.

Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon may be rested while Juventus winger Raffale Palladino could be handed a debut. His club colleague Vincenzo Iaquinta is also pushing for a start upfront after coming on as a substitute in Glasgow.

Italy have just two friendlies against the Netherlands and Spain so far pencilled in before June's finals in Austria and Switzerland so Donadoni may use the Faroes game to look at different tactics.

Possible teams:

Italy: Marco Amelia; Fabio Grosso, Fabio Cannavaro, Andrea Barzagli, Giorgio Chiellini; Andrea Pirlo, Daniele De Rossi, Simone Perrotta; Rafaelle Palladino, Alberto Gilardino, Fabio Quagliarella

Faroe Islands: Jakup Mikkelsen; Einar Hansen, Jon Roi Jacobsen, Frodi Benjaminsen, Oli Hansen; Rokur av Flotum Jespersen, Simun Samuelsen, Hjalgrim Elttor, Suni Olsen; Christian Jacobsen, Rogvi Jacobsen.

Reuters

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    something like this would be good:

-----------------amelia------------------

---oddo---canna----chiellni--grosso---

-------------------pirlo-------------------
    ---------de rossi------perrotta----------

---Quag's--------------------palladino---
    ----------------Iaquinta-------------------

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    what's he saying ?
    Pretty much this:

Totti Not Considering Azzurri Return

Roma captain Francesco Totti talked down speculation of a possible return to the Azzurri.

Perhaps it was inevitable that, after Italy secured their ticket to Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland, there would yet again be talks of a possible return of Francesco Totti to the Italian national team. An issue that has been talked about for a very long time, even more after he announced his retirement from the Azzurri during the summer close season.

It seems the victory against Scotland last weekend has changed nothing to the situation. Also because coach Roberto Donadoni seems by now used to handling big-name absences like Totti and Milan defender Alessandro Nesta, who also announced his retirement shortly after the Roma player. Totti himself also doesn't seem inclined to make any shocking u-turns.

"I know the rules of the group and out of respect I couldn't think of a return with the Azzurri," the Roma captain said. "I took the decision to retire after the World Cup in Germany. The Federation asked me to have patience, and I did. My relationship with Donadoni and the Federation was always clear and honest."

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Del Piero Compliments Azzurri

Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero applauded the Italian national team players for qualifying for Euro 2008 thanks to their 2-1 win in Glasgow on Saturday night.

Del Piero is currently out of the Azzurri squad, but that has not stopped him from supporting his team-mates against Scotland, and he hopes to be called-up for the European Championships next year.

"The deserved qualification for Euro 2008 arrived in the past days thanks to the wonderful win in Scotland. Well done to everyone," he said on his personal website.

Unlike Francesco Totti, Del Piero has no intention of renouncing the Azzurri shirt, especially with the European Championships round the corner.

For this reason he will need to "play regularly and well with Juventus," even though in the past matches Vincenzo Iaquinta has done better than him, thus earning himself a call-up from national team coach Roberto Donadoni.

goal.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    Del Piero Compliments Azzurri

Juventus forward Alessandro Del Piero applauded the Italian national team players for qualifying for Euro 2008 thanks to their 2-1 win in Glasgow on Saturday night.

Del Piero is currently out of the Azzurri squad, but that has not stopped him from supporting his team-mates against Scotland, and he hopes to be called-up for the European Championships next year.

"The deserved qualification for Euro 2008 arrived in the past days thanks to the wonderful win in Scotland. Well done to everyone," he said on his personal website.

Unlike Francesco Totti, Del Piero has no intention of renouncing the Azzurri shirt, especially with the European Championships round the corner.

For this reason he will need to "play regularly and well with Juventus," even though in the past matches Vincenzo Iaquinta has done better than him, thus earning himself a call-up from national team coach Roberto Donadoni.

goal.com
    I don't know how anyone can hate this bloke:lol:

I think Palla should see some time on the field and btw Quagliarella is so overated its not funny

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)