Nonda about Juve (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Nonda lured by mysterious Roma

Friday 17 June, 2005
Shabani Nonda has admitted his transfer to Roma was a little mysterious after long being touted with Italian champions Juventus.

The now former Monaco striker, who finished Ligue 1 top scorer in 2003, revealed Roma swooped when it became apparent that the Bianconeri couldn’t guarantee him first team football.

"There was an episode a little mysterious in all this, but I can’t go into it because I don’t want to compromise any ongoing deals," he said.

"Juve are a huge club but they have star players coming off a great season. There were several options including being loaned out or playing from the bench."

Unconfirmed whispers in Italy suggest that Juventus ‘allowed’ Nonda to join Roma, to help facilitate their move for capital star Antonio Cassano.

"I had no guarantees but Roma offered me the opportunity to express myself, it’s perfect," added the Congo man.

"It all happened very quickly because I’d already spoken with Roma two years ago, we just reactivated the contact and I passed my medical last week. Voila!"

Unable to force his way back into Didier Deschamps’ Monaco side after a serious knee injury in late 2003, Nonda is confident he has what it takes to succeed in Italy.

"I’ll have to work hard and prove that I deserve my place," he said.

"When I quit Switzerland people said that France wouldn’t work out and that I should have gone to Germany. I still finished as France’s top scorer one year."

I hope it's not for Cassano or Panucci.

Chivu? YES!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I wonder why he did used the word " compromise",
like if he reveal a name he would spoil the transfer,
does this means Juve is interested on a player never
mentioned by media=>other clubs werent aware he is for sale
and Juve will sign him avoiding the competition other team's offer would make?(the big surprise scenario)

Or just Moggi and co, ordered, he souldnt reveal the almost finished Cassano deal yet,
because he wants to anounce it by himself,
to get all the glory, when the time comes
after Milan anounces Gilardino(the Cassano "surprise" Scenario)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why are there so many forwards in the world smoking crack -- thinking that they'll join a team with Mutu, Zlatan, Del Piero, and Trezeguet at the attack and that they will somehow be guaranteed first team play?

Forget the physical. You just failed the mental test.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Roma will sell:Ferrari ,Mexes,Panucci and Chivu?

If they wonna keep one of those guys, who s gonna be that one?
Maybe the one who is considered to be the best,
the one who loves Roma and is loved by Roma,
the one who never get a serius transfer scenario involving his name?

The ROMAnian Christi Chivu?

Tough luck there
and why we sould pay some good milions and keep him on the bench?
Maybe we will sign Chivu sometime but i dont think this is the year

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There are very few Roma players who dezerve to be Juve players anyway, we dont really need them,we can find much better from other quality teams,
we are interested on Roma players just because they are so...

cheap:devil:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

i hope chiuvu is coming and not cassano :(
I would love Cassano to be here, but our attack line is too congested.
So Chivu would be a bteer option for me. Young + capable + leadership qualities. Can take Thuram's place after the latter retires

adams

Mar 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
I wonder why he did used the word " compromise",
like if he reveal a name he would spoil the transfer,
does this means Juve is interested on a player never
mentioned by media=>other clubs werent aware he is for sale
and Juve will sign him avoiding the competition other team's offer would make?(the big surprise scenario)

Or just Moggi and co, ordered, he souldnt reveal the almost finished Cassano deal yet,
because he wants to anounce it by himself,
to get all the glory, when the time comes
after Milan anounces Gilardino(the Cassano "surprise" Scenario)
he didnt want to compromise because he didnt want to place any limits on the offers he recieved. if he is open to all offers it is best for him- he will get the pick of the best contract or the best team with the best situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)