No place for Giovinco? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
It looks like some of you would do anything to give spot to Gio, even if that means , lots more draws and losses ..

Im for , dont change game plan or players if they delivering results. Im sure Gio will be playing regularly in Coppa games. For fuck sake CR vetoed sale of Gio last summer, what do you think why???

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
IMHO Gio should focus on physical strength training. he clearly has allot of flair to offer however its almost useless if he get jnoed out by an average midfielder as we saw when he played.

i know that his small body is very light but if he improve his strength he will reach the level everyone wants. look at ronaldinho at barca. didnt you notice how he developed physical strength there and he only was at his peak when he was physically strong.

im not saying that Gio and ronaldinho have the same body but that they are both highly skilled players and i believe that without the strength to handle the midfielders and defenders they wont be able to use the skill because will be laying on the ground.

currently the best place for Gio is to play at the wing. but ideally he would be an attacking midfielder or a second striker

P.S. nice avatar v1rtu4l

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
IMHO Gio should focus on physical strength training. he clearly has allot of flair to offer however its almost useless if he get jnoed out by an average midfielder as we saw when he played.

i know that his small body is very light but if he improve his strength he will reach the level everyone wants. look at ronaldinho at barca. didnt you notice how he developed physical strength there and he only was at his peak when he was physically strong.

im not saying that Gio and ronaldinho have the same body but that they are both highly skilled players and i believe that without the strength to handle the midfielders and defenders they wont be able to use the skill because will be laying on the ground.

currently the best place for Gio is to play at the wing. but ideally he would be an attacking midfielder or a second striker

P.S. nice avatar v1rtu4l
He has his beaver teeth to thank for getting past most of the players infront of him.

Marc

Jul 14, 2006
It looks like some of you would do anything to give spot to Gio, even if that means , lots more draws and losses ..

Im for , dont change game plan or players if they delivering results. Im sure Gio will be playing regularly in Coppa games. For fuck sake CR vetoed sale of Gio last summer, what do you think why???
What does Giovinco have to do with our losses and draws? It wasn't his fault at all. In fact, when he started matches, he was always the best player for us, only Palermo game was an exception to that.

Giovinco needs a lot more that occasional Coppa game. CR is just going to have to deal with it, sooner or later. I am patient for now.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
What does Giovinco have to do with our losses and draws? It wasn't his fault at all. In fact, when he started matches, he was always the best player for us, only Palermo game was an exception to that.

Giovinco needs a lot more that occasional Coppa game. CR is just going to have to deal with it, sooner or later. I am patient for now.
:agree:

I think he's being integrated slowly into the first team...maybe CR doesn't want him to be another Criscito...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
P.S. nice avatar v1rtu4l
thx,

gio does have more body strength as you would guess .... i just remember the situation where he bullied rosina off the ball (not saying that rosina is super strong but still gio is smaller but used his body good).

i fear that giovinco would lose some of his pace if he concentrates on body muscles like it was with del piero

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Many here are Giovinco fans, including myself. In the past week, we have managed to collect 9 points out of 9 in serie A, and a win against bitter rivals Madrid in the Champions league. This, all without the atomic ant. In fact, when Giovinco did play as a starter, we drew once and lost twice. This begs the question, will Giovinco ever see regular playing time under Ranieri this season?

Before the season started, I predicted that Giovinco would never start the big games and rarely start the small games. Untill now, I am right. Ranieri has shown little faith in him thus far this season and when he did, we ended up losing and drawing to mediocre teams, ofcourse, Giovinco was never particularly at fault in any of those games.

However, when he does play, as I have mentioned a couple of months ago, he leaves vasts amount of space on the left wing and this heaps massive amounts of pressure on our already fragile defense. Once this space that Giovinco was supposed to cover is exposed; our left side of defense becomes exremely weak and vulnerable to any half decent team in serie A, let alone the Champions League.

We have all noticed Ranieri's questionable decisions in continually playing Nedved in each and every single game. Surely, a player of 36 years of age will not be able to withstand such pressure. We all criticized Ranieri for this, but Nedved was our hero against Bologna in midweek, he was our best and most energetic player. Nedved is in excellent form at the moment and doesn't look like slowing down any time soon, he has obviously won the respect of Claudio Ranieri and it is rather evident that Ranieri will start Nedved without thinking twice.

What happens to Seba then? Do we leave him to rot on the bench, or do we just allow him 15 minutes of playing time on the condition that we are leading by at least two goals? Perhaps the Roma game was evident of that last point; we were up 2-0 against a collapsed and destroyed Roma side, however, Ranieri feared the Romans would come back and opted for a sheer defensive change in putting in DC for Nedved.

The way I see it, the only time we will ever see Giovinco playing is in one of the three cases below.

1- We are leading comfortably against an inferior team in serie A.

2- Nedved gets injured and/or is absolutely exhausted.

3- Ranieri wants to rotate the squad ahead of a big game in serie A or the Champions league.

What are your takes on this/
I relly dont think that you are right on this one. At the time when Gio played the whole team payed like shit. I mean he is (still) not the kind of player that can win a game on his own. Now when the team plays OK lets give him a chance and see what will happen. I hope Ranieri doesnt think the same way as you do!!

OP
OP
rounder

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I relly dont think that you are right on this one. At the time when Gio played the whole team payed like shit. I mean he is (still) not the kind of player that can win a game on his own. Now when the team plays OK lets give him a chance and see what will happen. I hope Ranieri doesnt think the same way as you do!!
What's your problem? Do you have trouble reading?

This was my quote:

Many here are Giovinco fans, including myself. In the past week, we have managed to collect 9 points out of 9 in serie A, and a win against bitter rivals Madrid in the Champions league. This, all without the atomic ant. In fact, when Giovinco did play as a starter, we drew once and lost twice. This begs the question, will Giovinco ever see regular playing time under Ranieri this season?

Before the season started, I predicted that Giovinco would never start the big games and rarely start the small games. Untill now, I am right. Ranieri has shown little faith in him thus far this season and when he did, we ended up losing and drawing to mediocre teams, ofcourse, Giovinco was never particularly at fault in any of those games.

And what do you mean I am wrong? I'm not attacking Giovinco here. I am merely stating the facts, I never said that Giovinco was the only person playing badly, ofcourse not. The fact is, when Giovinco played, the team did not manage to salvage the three points.

Read a quote well before you criticize it.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
As I already said, the best position to play Giovinco in, is by the front door of Juventus museum, dressed up in a
little white tuxedo ala tattoo in fantasy island, greeting guests waiting to see Nedveds vacuum air locked jockstrap of the CL semifinal.

Jul 20, 2012
He is so good he should just start putting The Heir to ADL on the back of his shirt and he should wear the shirt number 10 and then retire after him wearing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)