No place for Giovinco? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Here is my point of view:

First, in the beginning of the season, Ranieri did consider to play Gio. However, with many injuries and bad injuries, he realized that our defense is so fragile, especially in two sides, so that leaving Gio on the bench and playing experienced players - who can go back and defend well - are the best choice.

Second, Gio undoubtedly has sheer talent and ever coach sees that, cherishes that. As Juventus is in hard time, it's better for Gio to sit back and learn. Of course warming too much on the bench is never better than playing. But, at the moment, playing a player who is lack experienced and poor defensively is more harmful than letting him on the bench like this. At least, if bad results happen, he will not have to deal with pressure, criticism and even injuries.

To sum up, in my opinion, time for Gio will come when all our best players come back and in January, when we'll possibly buy better LBs or RBs. I hope Ranieri can find a way to boost Gio just as he rediscover.

All Gio need now is to learn how to be patient, learn to defend and learn to prove himself in each precious minutes he can play. He's going to be a star if he can get over this time. Don't be another Paladino, be strong Atomica.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
he'll slowly but surely get his chance... me thinks Coppa will be the time Giovinco gets his starting place...

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Ranieri always plays his youngsters. You may be too obsessed with Giovinco and forgot that he regularly plays Marchisio, De Ceglie, and Criscito whenever he can. Nocerino was played even though his performance is crap. Giovinco's time will come. Nedved is an athlete and is very fit so he can play a lot of matches even for his age.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
the only place for him is instead of neddy ... and since nedved is doing so well he wont play much ... too bad he's great young talent and im a big fan!...
to be honest i dont see him taking del peiro's place ... pasquato maybe!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ranieri always plays his youngsters. You may be too obsessed with Giovinco and forgot that he regularly plays Marchisio, De Ceglie, and Criscito whenever he can. Nocerino was played even though his performance is crap. Giovinco's time will come. Nedved is an athlete and is very fit so he can play a lot of matches even for his age.
Criscito was loaned out before you could say Antidisestablishmentarianism

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hold on, what was his name ? Roberto something ...
So what? It was a very, very close call between the two at the time. Right now Giovinco is still nowhere near Alex, I don't like to see him on the left and Ranieri will not play him as a playmaker. The logical conclusion then is that there's simply no room.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
So what? It was a very, very close call between the two at the time. Right now Giovinco is still nowhere near Alex, I don't like to see him on the left and Ranieri will not play him as a playmaker. The logical conclusion then is that there's simply no room.
Well, I think that back in 95 Alex wasn't as good as Baggio. And I didn't try to compare it with the current Giovinco situation, I mentioned Del Piero because some people think that young players can't prove themselves in the big clubs. So they go "send Gio on a loan again". If its not that, then its my personal favorite: "sell him to Arsenal, that way the poor guy can become a great player". This might even be true, but I want to see him succeeding here and I'm not gonna root for any other club getting him. I'm actually pleased with what I've seen from Giovinco this year, although I agree with you that there isn't much room for him in Ranieri's preferred system.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
he has good finishing skill .. good free kicks ... why not a future dp ?
because he is the future nedved ... mark my words ... we need a replacement! ... but then again marchisio is a a very good replacement for neddy... also ekdal .. hmmm im in a pickle ?!?! :p .... ok lets recap : del piero leaves => pasquato could replace since he is already a striker and used to it ... ok i got it ... gio for neddy and marchiso for camo... ekdal for both :p

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Gio can play as a support striker
If Ranieri so afraid to play him on the LM because the midfield need to cover a defence a lot
Why not try him as a support striker for Amauri or IQ
so DP can be rested in several games and still can maintain the peak performance

When Gio play in Empoli, he used to play as a support striker in 4-4-1-1 formation or so

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i dont understand why we cant have him and diego. god gio can play almost any where in the midfeild why not even try him in the CM position with diego on the left. i really dont think loaning him out again would end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)