No hunting season? Sounds of violins, trip to ENG... (7 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
Fuck them or not, They have just made the best signings this summer 4 sure!... Anderson and Nani are some sick talents.. Damnn!! That team is gonna kick ass in Prem next year!.. Watch out!..

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Fuck them or not, They have just made the best signings this summer 4 sure!... Anderson and Nani are some sick talents.. Damnn!! That team is gonna kick ass in Prem next year!.. Watch out!..
not next year,they are both very young and ll need time to adapt to premiership and ferguson is gonna protect them as much as he can.like he did with ronaldo
and ronaldo also needed a year to settle and start playing good effective football

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
gila > trez any day of the week. the main point is, trez is spent. we shpuld have sold him end of last season for 30 mill. instead of now maybe CONVINCING someone to buy him for max 10 mill euros.

gilardino on the other hand, was u-21 player of the year.. remind you of anyone (palladino?). what gilardino needs now is a team struggling for a favourable serie A position in order to have some space to exhibit his talent. and i would be honoured if it was us :)

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
gila > trez any day of the week. the main point is, trez is spent. we shpuld have sold him end of last season for 30 mill. instead of now maybe CONVINCING someone to buy him for max 10 mill euros.

gilardino on the other hand, was u-21 player of the year.. remind you of anyone (palladino?). what gilardino needs now is a team struggling for a favourable serie A position in order to have some space to exhibit his talent. and i would be honoured if it was us :)
interesting point of view.you could be true
i think what he needs now is a bit more motivation and more faith from the coach/team
cos being realistic i dont think he feels that in milan

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
no update on hunting season, sounds of violin and trip to Eng so far?
Milan Deny Gilardino-Adriano Exchange

There was a lot of speculation on Friday that the Rossoneri and Nerazzurri were ready to swap their two strikers.

Alberto Gilardino's agent wanted to rebuff the claims which were attributed to his client on Friday, when reports in Italy were suggesting that the World Cup winning striker had offered himself to Inter.

Apparently, Milan had accepted this transfer, asking in return Adriano, but later on in the evening the Rossoneri categorically denied that this had actually occurred by issuing a press statement.

In this press statement, Milan quoted Beppe Bonetti, Gilardino's agent, that his client had never offered himself to Inter and reassured Adriano Galliani and Milan that Gilardino's wishes were to remain with the Rossoneri.

Gilardino has been linked to Juventus in the past few weeks after a difficult season with the Rossoneri, and the possible return of Andriy Shevchenko and the promise of a world class purchase by Silvio Berlusconi could see him opt for a different solution since he will go down the pecking order.

Goal.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Alberto Gilardino has told Milan he is sick of being treated as a flop and is looking at other alternatives. “I cannot guarantee I will stay.”

The striker moved from Parma for around £18m in 2005, but has struggled to live up to that price-tag and in two seasons has managed just two Champions League goals.

With Ronaldo no longer cup-tied, Filippo Inzaghi on fire, Kaka moved to a more advanced role and reports that Andriy Shevchenko will return after his spell at Chelsea, there is less and less room for Gila.

“The situation is simple. I am happy at Milan, but I cannot guarantee I will stay here,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport.’

“I have a long contract and an excellent rapport with the Rossoneri environment, but anything can happen in football and I am evaluating other options. I would not be honest if I denied that.

“For me the faith of the club and the Coach are indispensable. In the past I had that and would like for it to be there in the future.”

The decision to drop him in favour of Inzaghi – who scored a decisive brace – for the Champions League Final against Liverpool seems to have left its mark.

“I want to be able to play without all these doubts being raised on my first error or negative performance. At the age of 25 I want to play consistently and repay Milan for the investment they made in me.

“I thought I would play in Athens, I admit it. When I found out I was on the bench, I was disappointed,” he confessed.

“But I always put the team above all personal considerations and just tried to concentrate so I could do my best in the few minutes that Carlo Ancelotti granted me. Lifting the trophy put all that disappointment behind me.”

With constant rumours of new hitmen from Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto’o and Shevchenko coming to San Siro, will Gilardino ask to be sold if another forward arrives?

“I am not afraid of competition. I have always sought my space with great champions like Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Christian Vieri and Ronaldo. If the competition is fair and the player who is in the best shape goes on to the field, then I have no problems.”

This week there were claims in the newspapers that Gilardino had openly offered himself to Inter, but he and his agent denied these suggestions.

“That is absolutely not true,” the former Parma man told the ‘Gazzetta’. “I can pledge to the Milan fans, who I get along very well with, that I have not approached anyone, let alone Inter. A few supporters jeered me this season, but the majority are behind me. I want to repay them with many goals.”

Among those linked with a summer bid for Gilardino are the new Juventus and Barcelona, who are probably seeking a replacement for Eto’o.

“These are great clubs and I am pleased to hear of their interest, but Milan are the top club. It’s difficult to imagine walking out on them and they are my first choice. However, if I didn’t feel they had faith in me, then I would look elsewhere.”

When asked point blank if he felt he was always facing tests of his abilities and that there were doubts around him, the World Cup winner answered truthfully.

“Yes, I feel that I am in doubt and in all honesty I don’t know why. I think this is surreal and at times it seems like an incredible situation.”

In two seasons Gilardino has scored 29 Serie A goals for Milan and was their top scorer this term on 12 in 30 appearances.

Football Italia

Jul 24, 2006
Personally if Trez is leaving I wanted only to see the Hunter take his place.

But I remember DP's goal against Germany and maybe Gila will do ok for Juve - he won't be first name on the sheet like at Parma though (esp if Tinkerman is def our coach) so I have doubts he can regain that kind of form.

May 25, 2006
We don`t need Gilardino! it`s gonna be a failure sign. yes, he can score goals.. but all of them are against less-level teams.. he can`t take the perssure of big games and the Champions league final was the best provement of what I`m saying.. you can`t depend on him. also, we don`t need someone who needs improvement, we need a striker who`s ready. :angel:

Adzke

May 19, 2007
We don`t need Gilardino! it`s gonna be a failure sign. yes, he can score goals.. but all of them are against less-level teams.. he can`t take the perssure of big games and the Champions league final was the best provement of what I`m saying.. you can`t depend on him. also, we don`t need someone who needs improvement, we need a striker who`s ready. :angel:
If Gila gets his confidence in order I think he could be a class signing.
He needs to play for a team where expectations are not sky high the first year.

May 25, 2006
If Gila gets his confidence in order I think he could be a class signing.
He needs to play for a team where expectations are not sky high the first year.
Look, if you wanna play next season for the title or even a place in the Champions league. you need a striker who`s ready to score every possible chance.. someone who can handle the pressure of big matches. especially, if we had to give up Trez.. Alex needs a striker beside him, Paladino is still young and Zala will leave. so, we have to have a big expectations of our new striker.. if not! why should we bring him in the first place.

also, who said that Milan didn`t give him a confidence when he arrived?! he was in the first 11 and they did put Inzaghi on the bench for him.. but he couldn`t prove himself.. so, they had to bring Inzaghi back. we all saw the difference between the two in the Champions League this season :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)