Nick Against the World (82 Viewers)

Dec 27, 2003
I don't know, Im making a post in jest while noting that our New Year isn't a big deal over here - Chinese New Year is the real thing for them, obviously - and all I get is snide remarks about Chinese pollution.

But if you want to know then yeah, I do think it's insane, you'd expect them to have reached the maximum level but no, every year a new record is set, but then such are the catch 22's this sort of regime will find itself in, to maintain its legitimacy it is doomed to deliver perpetual growth, though bear in mind that today China IS the World's biggest producer of clean energy sources, from solar to wind to hydro, but then there be 1.4 billion of them Chinamen, mebbe more, so shut your piehole Denmark, focking easy for you to say, and per capita they still produce a fraction of your poison, which brings me to the next point, since you're so concerned about the environment why don't you Pado start by turning off the heating permanently in your home, you are aware that half of China doesn't know the meaning of heating system right, which includes me btw, no such thing as home heating here, nor in Shanghai nor in the whole goddam South, Im ok with it, and I ride my bike wearing ma Respro mask, honestly on this and too many subjects the Euro/American moral superiority makes me fecking laugh, "we" didn't give a sheisse about them chinks until they started swapping san lun che's with mercs and beemers - well we Euros did actually give a sheisse at some point, haven't left the best impression either, have we - but now we all be like ohhh me Im caring 'bout the Earth so why don't you, bwah go ask your granny what the PM 2.5 rate was in 1956 Yorkshire, really we/you have become China in 1800, especially you Europe, you're Emperor Qianlong and the World is Lord McCartney, probably both worth a piss balloon in their own way, but we know who came out on top in the end due to the other's pedantic insularism and self-delusion.

PS : the wrongly named Yangtze river is one of the three parallel rivers. At that point it is more pristine than a newborn child's pee, well sort of. Meet it again a thousand km further away, say in CHONGQING, and it becomes as murky as Moggi's career.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What most people don't understand is that China's pollution output is proportional to its population. However, for many developed nations (US in particular) the same cannot be said.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Which burns cleaner in the home heating system, natural gas or wood? I would like to follow Libero and remove the heating system, but then the children would die. I think I shall keep the heating system in place.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
"I am feeling particularly tribalistic ever since I took out my 37-metre penis. And by "took out" I mean "Failed to cover" since one can hardly conceal a 37-metre penis."
- Fecal Samatar

Dec 27, 2003
You cannot have an industrial revolution without a fair amount of pollution and toxic waste.
The Industrial Revolution is little more than a fart in the wind compared to what is happening in the developing world. Just in this country we're talking about half a billion people going from a bowl of rice to owning a car and a couple of apartments in a matter of two decades, something unprecedented and quite simply unconceivable so far in the whole history of mankind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)