Nice article about wc 2006 prediction (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Eurosport commentator and former Northern Ireland manager Bryan Hamilton runs a fine tooth comb over all the World Cup groups and picks out the teams to watch after Friday's draw. Hamilton envisages a Brazil victory, with the USA providing the surprise package of the tournament.

GROUP A

"Not a bad group, but the Germans' lack of competitive games might be a disadvantage.

"But when they come together for the World Cup, with the home advantage and the fans behind them, I believe they'll be comfortable qualifiers.

Eurosport.com prediction: Germany and neighbours Poland to head through.

GROUP B

"The Swedes will create the biggest problem for England. They like playing against English teams and Ibrahimovic is a big threat up front.

"Paraguay are a bit of an unknown. You can be sure they're going to be well organised, they'll try a few tricks but they're not going to be strong enough.

"As for Trinidad and Tobago, they've got lots of spirit, but basically they'll finish in fourth place.

"It's not the easiest group, but if Eriksson was given this group before the draw, he would have been happy. England and Sweden to go through.

Eurosport.com prediction: England and Sweden too strong.

GROUP C

"Without a doubt that's the hardest group and I think that Argentina and the Netherlands will come through.

"But I believe that Serbia and Montenegro are always a talented side, always very organised. And with the Ivory Coast you never know what to expect, so I think it's a tough, tough group.

"An African team isn't going to win it, but they've come a long way, they're stronger and better organised and they'll give a fright to someone on the way.

Eurosport.com prediction: Argentina cruise, the Ivory Coast sneak through.

GROUP D

"It'll be a real surprise if Mexico and Portugal don't qualify. I think that the other teams will enjoy the tournament, but on paper, it has to be Mexico and Portugal who go through.

Eurosport.com prediction: no chance for Angola and Iran.

GROUP E

"It's a real tough group. The USA are always going to be very difficult to beat. They've been around and the team have been together for quite a long time and they have got a lot of experienced players.

"I expect Italy to go through and for them to come good.

"The Czechs are going to be a handful although they're not as good as they were two years ago. It's going to be close for the second qualifying slot, between the USA the Czechs, but if I had to put my neck on the line, I'd have to go for the USA.

Eurosport.com prediction: Italy to scrape through to join the Czech Republic.

GROUP F

"It's a great group. Brazil will win the competition. They're the team and have the best players, so I'm expecting them to go through.

"But Australia will be difficult to beat. They've come through a tough route to get to the Finals and they've beaten Uruguay to get there and they might do very, very well.

"Japan are hard workers, but they lack a little imagination, so they could finish third at best.

"The Croatians are always technically very gifted and they have a lot of spirit. It'll be very tight, but for me it will be Brazil and Croatia who go through.

Eurosport.com prediction: Brazil easily through along with an Aussie upset on the horizon.

GROUP G

"France and Switzerland know each other very well, but the French could not beat them in qualifying.

"France have some fantastic players, but I'm not sure that they're a fantastic team at the moment. They're not as balanced as they've been in recent years, but I do expect them to go through.

"I actually fancy Switzerland to join them purely because they're a well disciplined, organised and they have a good belief in what they can do.

Eurosport.com prediction: No surprises here - France and Switzerland go through.

GROUP H

"It's going to be difficult for Spain. They are perennial underachievers, but they will probably go through

"Tunisia will be interesting because they play exciting and flair football.

"Ukraine are a good side and Andriy Shevchenko is arguably the best striker in the world at the moment, so it's going to be a tight group, but I fancy Ukraine to get through.

Eurosport.com prediction: Tunisia are not quite ready yet; Spain and Ukraine are.

Eurosport - MH 09/12/05

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    But this has to be a joke:

Eurosport.com prediction: Argentina cruise, the Ivory Coast sneak through

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Stephan said:
    But this has to be a joke:

Eurosport.com prediction: Argentina cruise, the Ivory Coast sneak through
    No it's likely; I've seen the Ivory Coast play and I know several of their players very well (Arouna Koné [PSV] and Bonaventura Kalou [ex-Feyenoord] in particular). They're a very strong side

Although I do doubt Argentina will cruise

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Erik said:
    No it's likely; I've seen the Ivory Coast play and I know several of their players very well (Arouna Koné [PSV] and Bonaventura Kalou [ex-Feyenoord] in particular). They're a very strong side

I mean imo holland will win this group and argentina and ivory battle for second place.....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Erik said:

In fact they're saying the same things about Group C and Group E I just said in the Nick Against The World thread :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)