Nfl (2 Viewers)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
I started to follow NFL when the play-offs began so I have no idea when the season begins again so can someone tell me what month?

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #68
    The season starts again the first week of September.

The next events on the calendar are the All-Star game, known as the Pro Bowl, on Sunday.

Then comes the fun stuff.

The free agency period, or as footie fans call it, the "Transfer Window".
    This can go on from March 1st up until September, depending on who is availabe to sign. There is also the NFL Draft, whereby teams select players who have graduated from college or declared themselves eligible to be selected. This is a BIG event in the US, mainly because a great number of NFL fans also follow college football, and this is where the pipeline of young players come from.

You see quite a few trades of players and/or draft picks at this 2-day event. This happens during the 3rd or 4th weekend in April.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    So the season is only four months?! :eek:
    That's not long considering NHL teams who go to the Stanley Cup has about 8-9 months season and the soccer leagues over here in Europe.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #70
    16 regular season games played out over a 17 week period.

Then you have another 5 weeks for the playoffs.

So, 5 months total.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    Well, time to dust off this thread, just in time for the NFL draft coming up on the 24th and 25th of this month. Any thoughts, my fellow NFL followers?

Anyone????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)