A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I would play a 4-4-2!

-----------------Buffon---------------------
Trabelsi---Thuram---Ferrari---Zambrotta
----------Emerson---Tacchinardi---------
Camoranesi----------------Nedved---------
---------Morientes---Del Piero-------------

Put Mexes in for Ferrari, if we can still get him.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
there is diffrence between tacticts and formation for example counter attack is a tactic ofsside trap is a tactic as well but 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 are formations

,,, do u think that the new manager will count on flankers like del neri ,, or tottal football like van gaal or without a stricker like wenger ( arsenal plays with deep forwards and flying uncentered wings )

let's hope at least for entertaing play winning or not isn't that important when u r building new team i don't want to win without entertainig the crowds like milan for example i hate milan display

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

Every manager has his own point of view... ;)

Playing 442 with maresca and another central midfielder means that u will not have a pure AM, and a weak defensive midfield..

Reason: Maresca doesnt have good defensive skills, this means that the other midfielder will have to face a tornado in the mid.

Without a pure AM, the offense will be weaker than when u have a pure AM, (Juve used to play without a pure AM 2 years ago when nedved came to juve), they had good offense but nothing compared to last season when nedved was the AM...

on this basis, Maresca should be accompanied with a good DM and a pure AM..
Pre-Piancenza: Maresca was a DM, who was one of italy's best young midfielders going around. he would be played with brighi in the youth national team etc...and at bologna he was very good as well.

At Piancenza: he was used in a 4-4-2 formation as the attacking midfielder where he played great football and scored quite a lot.

so he has developed an offensive side to his game. so what? this is good, he has the defending abilities to his game as well, its just that lippi was very ignorant when concerning maresca.

i think which ever formation is played, he will do well in. but the 4-4-2 has shown his best at piacenza.

OP
arc

arc

Mar 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #26
    we dont develop the tactics around 1 player, do we?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
    I would play a 4-4-2!

-----------------Buffon---------------------
    Trabelsi---Thuram---Ferrari---Zambrotta
    ----------Emerson---Tacchinardi---------
    Camoranesi----------------Nedved---------
    ---------Morientes---Del Piero-------------

Put Mexes in for Ferrari, if we can still get him.
    You'd bench Maresca?! :eek:

++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    Playing 442 with maresca and another central midfielder means that u will not have a pure AM, and a weak defensive midfield..

Without a pure AM, the offense will be weaker than when u have a pure AM, (Juve used to play without a pure AM 2 years ago when nedved came to juve), they had good offense but nothing compared to last season when nedved was the AM...
    Isn't that what they call 'balance'?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    Having a natural playmaker = fluidity
    yeah, it would be good to havea natural playmaker, but does thsi mean a 3 man defence? or does it mean a 4-3-1-2 formation? and who will that playmaker be? we are not linked with right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)