Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I have yet to meet someone with brain-cells who thinks that Sarri is a good appointment

I have no idea what the Board is thinking with this one, i cant even rationalize it, i understand the thought process but its so stupid, do we just want a yes man?, were they thinking Sarri when they sacked Max?
They must want a yes-man. Sarri is well known for not interfering in transfer business and just wanting to coach. Who knows how many of our top players we are going to sell come summer. I predict shitty times ahead for this club tbh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I have yet to meet someone with brain-cells who thinks that Sarri is a good appointment

I have no idea what the Board is thinking with this one, i cant even rationalize it, i understand the thought process but its so stupid, do we just want a yes man?, were they thinking Sarri when they sacked Max?
That I agree, while I dont think getting Sarri is the end of the world (looking at the other options) I cant understand why we sacked Max if we didnt have a WC manager already signed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He is not an upgrade to what we had with Allegri. On or off the pitch. This wouldn't even be a lateral move.

I had stated before, I can't even be mad at him if he took the job, because he is not the one offering it.
I have to disagree, the move is not lateral at all.
It's backwards! It's downhill!

- - - Updated - - -

They must want a yes-man. Sarri is well known for not interfering in transfer business and just wanting to coach. Who knows how many of our top players we are going to sell come summer. I predict shitty times ahead for this club tbh.
It all started when Paratici took the steering wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

Ranieri started coaching in1986,and first title came on 2016 :)
When was the argument between Ranieri and Sarri? I really don't see the point in bringing him up.

- - - Updated - - -

So you expect Juve to win nothing with Sarri next season?
I guess that would make you happy just to say “i told u so”.
I do! I expect Juve to win nothing with Sarri in charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Who here thinks that we wouldn’t have won Serie A this year if Sarri was our manager?
I do

Last edited:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
While I agree with the whole next coach thing, Max needed to go.
Agree.
And i'm one of Allegri's fans actually.There was a dire need in a change.

All year i'm reading and hearing people only complaining when watching our games.
That we became predictable and boring.No style of play,nothing.

I love Max,and thankful for those years, but you can't play THAT badly when such a great squad even without another TOP CM.(CR7,Dybala,Costa and others...)

Not saying i'm wishing for Sarri, but Max had to go regardless.
Results > style of play.
But if there are no results (CL) ? at least let the fans enjoy their team.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Despite all the good work he's done with Napoli, I get major Del Neri vibes with Sarri.

I mean Del Neri at a point achieved some really good things at smaller teams like getting a relegation side like Chievo to CL playoff rounds or 4th with Samp.

Even though Sarri has done a good job with Napoli challenging us for the last 3 years in the title race, still we can't ignore the fact that he's 60 and this is the biggest club he will be managing in his career who demand winning all the time. I still remember in his first press conference with Chelsea, where he stated he wanted to win 'something' with the club. His speeches and his interviews doesn't exude that winning mentality. And his infamous (lack of) squad rotation is another genuine cause for concern.

I can certainly understand why people don't want him here even while looking at his positive work he's done at his previous clubs. `

I do know he will bring something different with his style of footie which is something I'd like forward to, but at the end of the day winning matters more and there leaves a big question mark. I expect competition to be a lot tougher next season especially with Conte taking charge of Inter. Even leaving the league aside, with a limited time frame we've got with Ronaldo, is he the man to lead us to CL ? I'm really not so sure tbh.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Agree.
And i'm one of Allegri's fans actually.There was a dire need in a change.

All year i'm reading and hearing people only complaining when watching our games.
That we became predictable and boring.No style of play,nothing.

I love Max,and thankful for those years, but you can't play THAT badly when such a great squad even without another TOP CM.(CR7,Dybala,Costa and others...)

Not saying i'm wishing for Sarri, but Max had to go regardless.
I think everyone saw we that we needed a change - massive overhaul with the squad or manager change. Imo our mgmt saw this and choose to go with easier (and cheaper) way - sacking Max.
If we get Sarri im disappointed, but still thinking it could be worse and hoping that it could actually make our games much more enoyjable. It probably is my positive attitude which is always applied to Juve decision, but I hope im right.
My problem with Sarri is - if we (as fans) saw we needed change, then mgmt should probably see it couple months before us, if they get Sarri it means they werent properly prepared for the change for me. This all of course doesnt count if we get manager who was sought after for few months (Pocch or Pep probably) - Sarri is still just a rumour.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Sarri with Napoli got 82, 87, and 91 points. Which other coach offers more certainty next year than him? Conte's Inter and Ancelotti's Napoli will be tough, Sarri is someone who knows the league inside out and who made a miracle of Napoli to take them to 91 even after losing Higuain.

We will surely struggle more next season since we are changing coaches, if we don't appoint someone with guarantees we run the very real risk of losing the league.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Sarri with Napoli got 82, 87, and 91 points. Which other coach offers more certainty next year than him? Conte's Inter and Ancelotti's Napoli will be tough, Sarri is someone who knows the league inside out and who made a miracle of Napoli to take them to 91 even after losing Higuain.

We will surely struggle more next season since we are changing coaches, if we don't appoint someone with guarantees we run the very real risk of losing the league.
You are correct however I don't expect any major surprises in the CL which is a shame especially after spending 400M in total on a single player

No coach can guarantee CL , however with Sarri, I fancy our chances in the CL much less compared to Allegri. This is a guy at 60 who has no previous experience managing teams on big European nights.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
You are correct however I don't expect any major surprises in the CL which is a shame especially after spending 400M in total on a single player

No coach can guarantee CL , however with Sarri, I fancy our chances in the CL much less compared to Allegri. This is a guy at 60 who has no previous experience managing teams on big European nights.
Like you say no coach guarantees CL. Being totally honest if you ask me what coach gives us the best chance at CL next season I will say Mourinho and Ancelotti. That said, Mou is the last coach I ever hope to see at Juve. Not worth it at all. Ancelotti isn't available either.

Everyone else is either a downgrade to Max, or wildly unavailable (Klopp). Pep has flopped massively with City in CL, there are no guarantees there.

Like others say, the club determined change was needed, I believe it. I posted before that there is no "upgrade" to a fresh Max for Juve. There is however an upgrade to what Max would do after 5 years, it's just about changing ideas. For this, Sarri is perfect, Pep too, but he isn't available. We have to be reasonable.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I think everyone saw we that we needed a change - massive overhaul with the squad or manager change. Imo our mgmt saw this and choose to go with easier (and cheaper) way - sacking Max.
If we get Sarri im disappointed, but still thinking it could be worse and hoping that it could actually make our games much more enoyjable. It probably is my positive attitude which is always applied to Juve decision, but I hope im right.
My problem with Sarri is - if we (as fans) saw we needed change, then mgmt should probably see it couple months before us, if they get Sarri it means they werent properly prepared for the change for me. This all of course doesnt count if we get manager who was sought after for few months (Pocch or Pep probably) - Sarri is still just a rumour.
Agree.

Hopefully AA and the club know better and we will be surprised by signing TOP coach (next week?).
AA didn't disappoint in his decisions regarding our future so far,hopefully he won't.

Forza Juve!!

Jul 29, 2017
Let's say Sarri is a bad choice, what do you guys propose, considering Pochettino and Guardiola unreachable?

With much less expensive than Juventus squad, this dude almost snatched the scudetto from our hands.

Sari isn't a sexy choice I get that, but it's not necessarily a bad choice IMO.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
U are such a pussys.
Sarri? :lol:. U really believes Agnelli will take fucking Sarri. Its Guardiola 90% .10% Pochettino
Given that yesterday Paratici virtually ruled out Guardiola, and said that they're waiting for both the Europa League and UCL finals to finish, it's either gonna be poch or Sarri. Sarri most likely

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Since when are the league points in Serie A a reference? Isn't it a washed up league with no competition whatsoever? Or is this tune no longer in your favour?

- - - Updated - - -

U are such a pussys.
Sarri? :lol:. U really believes Agnelli will take fucking Sarri. Its Guardiola 90% .10% Pochettino
The sooner you accept it that Sarri will lead the team next season the easier it will be to cope with it.

skyshard

Oct 2, 2018
what do you guys propose, considering Pochettino and Guardiola unreachable?
DiFra is still available. CL experience, epic Barca overthrow, almost made it through Liverpool (!) if not for ref, good playstyle, struggled to maintain result after several stupid sales of key players, completely free, won 1 more trophy than Sarri.

Wears stylish suits.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I have only now stopped laughing at that photo of Sarri having coffee delivered to him while holding a cigar during practice. Face of that poor guy delivering it and just imagining that at Juve while CR watches in disbelief. :rofl:

I refuse to believe Andrea is that stupid. My money is on Pochettino being our new coach.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I have only now stopped laughing at that photo of Sarri having coffee delivered to him while holding a cigar during practice. Face of that poor guy delivering it and just imagining that at Juve while CR watches in disbelief. :rofl:

I refuse to believe Andrea is that stupid. My money is on Pochettino being our new coach.
:disagree: Put your money on Pep instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)