Nedved: Juve need a shrink (1 Viewer)

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Nedved: Juve need a shrink

Pavel Nedved has an unorthodox solution to Juventus’ European-Serie A split personality: call in a psychologist.

“Perhaps we should sign a psychologist instead of new players,” joked the Czech this afternoon. “There is no logical reason for the differences in our results in the Champions League and domestically.”

Although the Bianconeri are eight points clear at the top of the Serie A table and look set to celebrate their second consecutive Scudetto, the European stage has proved much more difficult.

Fabio Capello’s men went out against eventual winners Liverpool with a sluggish quarter-final performance in Turin and look set for another humiliating exit after losing the first leg 2-0 at Arsenal.

“I think that in Europe we are the victims of a psychological block. I can’t see any other reason for it. However, it’s not over yet and we’ll do everything we can to overturn this result.”

Nedved was suspended for that match at Highbury and will return for next Wednesday’s decider, but teammates Mauro Camoranesi, Jonathan Zebina and Patrick Vieira will sit out bans.

Alessandro Del Piero is also a major injury doubt, although he has resumed light training and could potentially feature at the Delle Alpi.

Source: Football Italia

LOL..great suggestion!

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
While I think it's unusual for Nedved to say something so publicly, I do appreciate the fact that -- unlike Capello -- he's willing to point out the obvious to everyone else. There's inexplicable underachievement on the European stage that just doesn't add up when you contrast it with their domestic dominance.

Some of that is coaching, some of it is player performance, and perhaps some of it is psychological. Sports psychologists aren't a new concept... (Hey, I use them in Hattrick. ;) )

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
No need a shrink mate , just a magnetic compass which show the direction of the opponent's goal.
in other word go forward/play offensive

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
sH][x][aN said:
Nedved: Juve need a shrink

Pavel Nedved has an unorthodox solution to Juventus’ European-Serie A split personality: call in a psychologist.

“Perhaps we should sign a psychologist instead of new players,” joked the Czech this afternoon. “There is no logical reason for the differences in our results in the Champions League and domestically.”

Although the Bianconeri are eight points clear at the top of the Serie A table and look set to celebrate their second consecutive Scudetto, the European stage has proved much more difficult.

Fabio Capello’s men went out against eventual winners Liverpool with a sluggish quarter-final performance in Turin and look set for another humiliating exit after losing the first leg 2-0 at Arsenal.

“I think that in Europe we are the victims of a psychological block. I can’t see any other reason for it. However, it’s not over yet and we’ll do everything we can to overturn this result.”

Nedved was suspended for that match at Highbury and will return for next Wednesday’s decider, but teammates Mauro Camoranesi, Jonathan Zebina and Patrick Vieira will sit out bans.

Alessandro Del Piero is also a major injury doubt, although he has resumed light training and could potentially feature at the Delle Alpi.

Source: Football Italia

LOL..great suggestion!

I like the marked part!!!

Forza Juve,it is not over yet!

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Well many teams that I know already have a sport psychologist. Having one can help players deal with pressure, and even get on form sooner as many times a drop in form is not only a physical problem but also a mental problem.
I would say got for it.
(And as swag said, they're also used in hattrick, if that doesn't convince you I don't know what will ;))

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Nedved makes o fool of him self and Juve,
instead of giving the press and our opponents more food to moke us,
he sould better shut his mouth and keep it for the field,
we also did great in Europe too, this year and last year,
as long as we were playing against the not the very top European sides
and esp as long the competition was league type, we ranked first, if we had a problem with Europe we wouldnt,
our problem is clearly against great teams in cup type of competitions
and i m very sorry if our beloved player cant realised it after so much time...

Neddy would sux as a coach...

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
loyada said:
No need a shrink mate , just a magnetic compass which show the direction of the opponent's goal.
in other word go forward/play offensive
WORD!!

Crapello need to concentrate on the offensive. I mean... he has refined our defence to the max. What the fcuk about offense? It's always 2nd when building a team. But will it ever come? or will he just stick to Defence, and not making any more progress? Is he truly happy about our style of play? I'm sure as heck am not.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
It's probably more about our playing style not being suited for Europe then phychology. Btw, am I the only one who thinks it's strange that Nedved is saying this? It's so not like him...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)