My First Ever Video (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Does anyone remember a while back, when i said that i'd try to teach myself video editing? I've been fiddling around for a few days with Windows Movie Maker (basic program to teach me the ropes), and hopefully i'll move onto proper programs soon. I don't have many options available, e.g. backwards video, and all of the videos are just clips i downloaded before (mostly Nekton's :p), and i didn't have much material available :down: It's my first effort, so go easy on the criticism :scared:

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~grahambae/Pavel_Nedved.avi

It's encoded in DivX 5.03, so download this and it should work fine :)

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX51Bundle.exe

It's 17 MB, so sorry dial-uppers :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
I'll try it when I get home. I could never get things worked with that DivX thing so if I fvck up again I'll have to consult you, dear expert gray

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't know man, that Orff remix is pretty messed up, the chorus is groovy but the rest.. :mute: I'm sure you meant well though ;) Also, the other audio is not bad (or the stuff that's in between at least) :)

For some reason the quality of the flick is questionable, dunno if that's the original or if I'm missing a codec but everything else seems to run perfect here so I think it's the video :p

Nice mixing and choice of material :cool:

Ps. Sorry for being so critical of your early work ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
screw you Prez ;)... i liked it .. i think it was awesome :thumb: :cool:

i liked the choices of goals and the part where he gets a yellow card.

PS although i dont think this part fits at all, but u still gotta love the formal miss!! :howler:

i think the sound track was pretty good. it played nicely with the videos.

not bad for the first time...i see a lot of potential :)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    I don't know man, that Orff remix is pretty messed up, the chorus is groovy but the rest.. :mute: I'm sure you meant well though ;) Also, the other audio is not bad (or the stuff that's in between at least) :)

For some reason the quality of the flick is questionable, dunno if that's the original or if I'm missing a codec but everything else seems to run perfect here so I think it's the video :p

Nice mixing and choice of material :cool:

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Ps. Sorry for being so critical of your early work ;)
    Hehe I know the remix is a bit weird, i would've liked to cut some bits and pieces out, but audio eng. is not my thing at the moment. You got it just right, I love the chorus, but other parts are weird. Listen for a weird noise like a cat choking on something, i tried to sync that as much as i could with one of the goals, but it just didn't work out :undecide:

Some of the weird stuff i put in there (e.g. the still frames) is just experimental, i probably wouldn't have tried if my life depended on this.

I think the quality's a bit stuffed, i cut it down from 60 odd megs to 17, so i expected to lose something. I didn't really check out the compressed version that much, but the original seemed okay.

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++Ps. Sorry for being so critical of your early work ;)
    I'd hardly call that a blasting ;) Comments are very welcome, especially early on. I hate it when people are beginners at anything, and they get all defensive when they get shut down by more experienced people. Thanks :)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    screw you Prez ;)... i liked it .. i think it was awesome :thumb: :cool:

i liked the choices of goals and the part where he gets a yellow card.

PS although i dont think this part fits at all, but u still gotta love the formal miss!! :howler:

i think the sound track was pretty good. it played nicely with the videos.

not bad for the first time...i see a lot of potential :)
    Thanks Majed :D

Haha I know about that Forlan thing, I just wanted to be cheeky, and I just had to share it with anyone who hasn't seen it before. It also kind of serves to slow down the tempo a bit after all that excitement, so i made the music fade out a bit prematurely, because the Forlan clip dies down a bit towards the end. I just hope people who don't know footie that well won't confuse him with Nedved because of the similar hairstyle :rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Thanks Majed :D

Haha I know about that Forlan thing, I just wanted to be cheeky, and I just had to share it with anyone who hasn't seen it before. It also kind of serves to slow down the tempo a bit after all that excitement, so i made the music fade out a bit prematurely, because the Forlan clip dies down a bit towards the end. I just hope people who don't know footie that well won't confuse him with Nedved because of the similar hairstyle :rolleyes:
    that's the first thing i thought of when i saw that clip.

also, it doesn't exactly help Chimenti's reputation!! (oh wait...what reputation? ;) )

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Oh crap! I just realised that there were new goals i could have used... I just realised that Nekton's still putting up all the Juve goals!

I was thinking of putting the yellow card clip at the end, since it doesn't fit in with the pace of the rest of the vid, but I thought that's a bad way to end it, since he's done great things since that incident :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Oh crap! I just realised that there were new goals i could have used... I just realised that Nekton's still putting up all the Juve goals!

I was thinking of putting the yellow card clip at the end, since it doesn't fit in with the pace of the rest of the vid, but I thought that's a bad way to end it, since he's done great things since that incident :)
    do you know the link to Nekton's file archive?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Changed the thread title so people won't think it's another one of my stupid things...

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
    Jun 6, 2003
    iihhhhmmmm were is my video???? how do you put your video on this treat??? i dit this already 10time's!!!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    15 movies!? wow! You need to get some webspace where u can store them. You can't attach it using the forum's attach function, because it'll be too big

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Gray...not bad not bad........!

I enjoyed it.

And thanks for confirming me that that stupid blonde who missed a goal was not Nedved. I was watching it...thinking " how fvcking stupid!" then i remember it's suppose to be a Nedved video. But the close up at the end ...gee didn't he look like Forlan. And that's the end so I didn't give much thought about it :D

Thanks for the effort my dear gray and hope more nice ones are on the way....

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Thanks dear :D

Meow, you're the one I talked to about myself learning video editing, and u said that u'd be waiting for it...remember? :D At least he's wearing a red shirt. I would've hesitated to put the clip in if the guy was wearing their black kit...

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Thanks dear :D

Meow, you're the one I talked to about myself learning video editing, and u said that u'd be waiting for it...remember? :D At least he's wearing a red shirt. I would've hesitated to put the clip in if the guy was wearing their black kit...
    :cool:

Of course I remember. And I've been waiting quietly for your masterpiece....

And God, the yellow card incidence ripped my old wound open again....the endless "if...." questions....it's sad....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)