Must win: Italy vs. Ukraine, @ Georgia (2 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Juve per sempre said:
Wow man nesta is one of the best defenders in the world & he is a very decent player on & off the pitch,he is one of few players who is loved by every single italian fan!! Nesta is a true champion!! Forza Allesandro!! I predicted that same formation before the match!! Camoranesi was really great!! & for Alex i dont think he will see much the pitch in the Donadoni time!!!
you seem happy about this :disagree:

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Juve per sempre said:
LoL!! Of course i m not but i m stating a fact!! I predicted that alex wont play this game & I think that Donadoni wont put him in his priorities especially with the return of totti & cassano(not sure) & Di Natale's great form!!!
true, i'm afraid you're right about this, if he wasn't injured and didn't make the bench in a team without totti gilardino and cassano that doesn't speak volumes about what donadoni think of him

Sep 19, 2006
Il Re said:
true, i'm afraid you're right about this, if he wasn't injured and didn't make the bench in a team without totti gilardino and cassano that doesn't speak volumes about what donadoni think of him
actually the next game for italy will see totti's return & I m really afraid that with this return alex might not even be called for the national side!!!! I dont like Donadoni as a coach though i admired him as a player!

Sep 19, 2006
AzzurriGirl said:
Of course I know that Canna is irreplaceable and very valuable to the Azzurri. He's my favorite player. I was just worried that he may have been injured or something...
Cannavaro is an extraordinary player! I hate him for leaving us & goin to the worst club in the world!! the worst thing about the scandal for me was losing canna & zambo! I dont mind playin in serie b but losing such players was the real shock for me!!!

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Hey guys, just got back from the stadium, really tiered:(
Game was good...
Azzuri are my favourite team... World Champions... no match for Georgia... But even with half men (6 regular players missing) .. Georgia played well!
First Italys goal was just ... true keepers mistake..
we equalized very nicely... then hit the BAR! Buffon was sleeping at the first half...

Then Camos FANTASTIC goal.... and the rest you know!

Italy had pretty warm welcome.. everyone stood during national anthem.. and clapped.. so on... But people booed Materazzi :) and screamed Zizou , Zizou :))))
Pitty that we couldn't see Alex:(

Anyway it was fun! Good Luck Italia!

Our team is on build stage... we will win SCOTLAND, and UKRAINE for ITALY :)))

Best wishes,

P.S. will write more tommorrow!;)

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
AzzurriGirl said:
Of course I know that Canna is irreplaceable and very valuable to the Azzurri. He's my favorite player. I was just worried that he may have been injured or something...
Well, he asked for the change so he was obviously having a slight problem but I'm sure that it's nothing serious at all ;)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah the fact that Fagadoni didn't play Alex really offended me as a Juventino and a big fan of ADP :groan:

Oh well, let's just be happy for Azzurri win + Camo and Trez scoring today ;)

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
The irony is alex was received as a heroe by the `people in georgia
I think he is the most well known italian player in the world.

Any news about alex?
was he injured?
I saw rai transmition and camoranessi was asked about ale`s situation and he said may be he was injured.
That´s worried me.
The guys in rai were showing alex going into the bus... His face just said it all.... And gigi riba who was with some journalist said donadoni and alex had a long chat ....
I hope alex will retire from the national team.
He is too big to be in this situation.
Donadoni was a looser, the responsable of the saddest night in italian calcio... He doesnt deserve a player like alex...

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct11o.html

Camoranesi ends goal drought Wednesday 11 October, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro Camoranesi is celebrating his first Italy goal in two years and reveals why they stuttered in the first half.

“It was about time I scored, as I hadn’t in about two years! I always try to get into the area, but more often than not either miss or the ball doesn’t reach me.”

The Juventus midfielder last netted at international level in the 3-1 friendly victory away to Holland on November 12, 2005, but broke that drought in Georgia just seconds after the home side had Kankava sent off.

“The red card and the goal within two minutes was a heavy blow for Georgia. I believe it made their heads drop and we made the most of the situation.”

Roberto Donadoni fielded a 4-2-3-1 formation in this 3-1 victory, but Camoranesi reveals there were problems in the first half.

“We had difficulties on the flanks in the early stages, as Simone Perrotta is used to cutting in and I don’t so much, so we clattered into each other. We discussed it at half-time and moved much better,” explained the Argentine-born midfielder.

“In the second half Massimo Oddo, Perrotta and I were more in tune and you could see the difference.”

The Azzurri are World Cup holders, but were insulted in the Italian media after Donadoni picked up just one draw and two defeats.

“Criticism will always be poured on to the Azzurri, it’s just something you have to accept. We are aware of our strength, especially after these two wins, and must focus on the task at hand.”

Camoranesi was given a starting spot, but Juventus teammate Alessandro Del Piero was surprisingly left in the stands.

"I know that Del Piero had a tendon problem, so perhaps the media should ask for more information before making assumptions.”

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Daria_Uruguay said:
Any news about alex?
was he injured?
I saw rai transmition and camoranessi was asked about ale`s situation and he said may be he was injured.
That´s worried me.
The guys in rai were showing alex going into the bus... His face just said it all.... And gigi riba who was with some journalist said donadoni and alex had a long chat ....
I hope alex will retire from the national team.He is too big to be in this situation.
Donadoni was a looser, the responsable of the saddest night in italian calcio... He doesnt deserve a player like alex...
I disagree, he has always proven his haters wrong during his career.. Donadoni won't be an exception ;)

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
That's really weird, especially since Alex just said yesterday or today that he wants to keep playing for the Azzurri. I don't want to speculate because all speculation seems to be for the worst...but I can't think of anything good about the situation.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Juve per sempre said:
actually the next game for italy will see totti's return & I m really afraid that with this return alex might not even be called for the national side!!!! I dont like Donadoni as a coach though i admired him as a player!
yeah thats wat i think as well. We wont see alex much with the Azzuri during the Donadoni period. Shame really cuz Europe 08 could be his last major competition.

anyway abt the game, Azzurri played much better.Camo really made a big difference imo.Same goes to Perrota.But still the defence doesnt look solid.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Donadoni was asked by Georgian journalists:"Why DEL PIERO, wasn't even in substitution?"

Mr. Doni answered :(:)"I decided about the lineup beforehand. In previous game Del Piero Played in Starting Lineup, but at this time he had to sit at the stand; HE HAD CHANCE, and always will have"

I don't know what to think of but, Doni is starting to play on nerves!:((

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Juve per sempre said:
Of course man!! the game was over & canna is with buffon the 2 unreplacebale players in the italian side & he wanted to rest him!!!!
i think canna was feeling something was going to go wrong thats why he asked for the change. Since the Azzuri wont play till next year, lets hope he gets a long term injury, so that madrid get screwed once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)