Muslim players in Europe (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

You are either stupid or you just don't read posts....first of all.....Zlatan is an universal name here in Balkan.....I have 2 Zlatan's here.....one of them is Serb,other is Slovenian(belive it or not....a true Slovenian :D ).

Second of all.....he was borned in mixed up family,a som of an Christian mum and a Muslim father. Now,I can direct you to the first page of this thread or to mention you that he wore "Zlatan" as the name on his kit a long time cuz of the argue with his father which surname hurted him. And third of all.....do you know how many friends I have here that have either Muslim name or surname but are Catholics?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, he himself said that the name on his jersey had nothing to do with any argument with his father, or anything like that. Thats all conspiracy theories.

Secondly, his father is muslim, and the Balkans are a predominantly a patriarchal region, so it is far more likely he would accept his father's religion rather than his mothers, and that is even more likely considering that he is closer to his father than his mother.

Now, barkuss, the problem with you Croatians is that you want to take credit even for things you had nothing to do with. You steal Bosnia's players, coaches, etc, and if you need examples I'll be mora that happy to give them.

Lets say Ćiro Blažević, Mario Stanić, Boris Živković, Damir Mulaomerović, when Danis Tanović won the Oscar you claimed he was Croatian, now you want Zlatan Ibrahimović...

Get your own people FFS.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Lets say Ćiro Blažević, Mario Stanić, Boris Živković, Damir Mulaomerović, when Danis Tanović won the Oscar you claimed he was Croatian, now you want Zlatan Ibrahimović...

Get your own people FFS.
Nobody want's Zlatan.....he said that he was sorry not to represent Croatia youth squad cuz of the circumstances.....And aask any Croat/Catholic in bosnia will he declare as a Bosnian or a Croat....we all know the answer. That goes for Serbs too...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

Nobody want's Zlatan.....he said that he was sorry not to represent Croatia youth squad cuz of the circumstances.....And aask any Croat/Catholic in bosnia will he declare as a Bosnian or a Croat....we all know the answer. That goes for Serbs too...
And that exactly is the problem with the balkans.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I guess we just found out what button to push to get Zlatan mad !!:D

This may sound a bit outlandish, but I have read that "true practicing " Muslims are not suppose to play sports, listen to music other than religious, or have anything to do with western culture (clothes,etc...)

That sounds a lot like radical Islam- Bin Laden

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

This may sound a bit outlandish, but I have read that "true practicing " Muslims are not suppose to play sports, listen to music other than religious, or have anything to do with western culture (clothes,etc...)

What,then Zizou,Anelka,HakanSakuraba and co are fake-muslims????

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

First of all, he himself said that the name on his jersey had nothing to do with any argument with his father, or anything like that. Thats all conspiracy theories.

Secondly, his father is muslim, and the Balkans are a predominantly a patriarchal region, so it is far more likely he would accept his father's religion rather than his mothers, and that is even more likely considering that he is closer to his father than his mother.

Now, barkuss, the problem with you Croatians is that you want to take credit even for things you had nothing to do with. You steal Bosnia's players, coaches, etc, and if you need examples I'll be mora that happy to give them.

Get your own people FFS.
thats wierd thats a first for me i actually heard he chnage from zlatand to his last name becuase he was very proud of his last name

Aug 27, 2003

LOL! thats pretty funny dude muslims not play soccer then why the hell do we have soccer teams in muslim countires :D
never said abot not taking anything from the western culture it just said dont take anything negative from them

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #72

Dude what are u talkin about, are u ignorant or something. Real muslims can't play sports, listen to music. bla bla bla. You need to get your facts straight. Ofcourse we're allowed too...that's the most absurd thing i've ever heard.

"i'm gonna burn in hell cause i touched a football...oh no!"

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

That type of "Islam" that Taliban and extremists practice and preach detroys the true basic princaples of Islam. While they do uphold some very good values of islam, they have oversteped a lot of boundries IMO.

While the Quraan then Hadith are our guides to our way of living, there is room for interpretation for the "little" matters and the scholars do their best to interpret them. the problem is that a lot of politics affect what's said. There's also the cultural factor. Many things that are not part of Islam are associated with it because they were local things.

Therefore, it's not right to listen to anyone who claims what is or isn't the "true Islam."
    Now, for what sounds like my paradox: :D

According to me knowledge, i'll tell you what's said concerning those matters,
    For sports, in the time of the prophet Mohammed PBUH, his closest companions encouraged Muslims to teach their kids swimming, archery, and hourse-back riding. The prohet did not disagree with this. IIRC, friendly wrestling was also practiced. It's also a muslim's responsibility to take care of him/herself's health. We are not to "abuse" our bodies for useless reasons. Sports are permited, but of couse, as long as it does not contradict with other teachings like dressing modestly for example.

Music.... hmm.... I'm positive that offesive music with profanity and so forth is not permitted. We're encoureged to speak well always. As for stuff like classical ..etc, I have to say that i'm not knowledgable enough to give a solid answer.

As for western culture, the rule is simple: If an elementof the culture contradicts with muslim teachings that that element is not permitted. Islam has spread all the way to asia and its different people still uphold much of their local traditions. that goes for western culture too.
    ---------

PS Sorry to whoever opened this thread, but i find it kind of pointless.

to pitch in:
    Anelka is a practicing Muslim for sure.
    George Weah is a practicing Muslim for sure.
    Zidane isn't a practicing Muslim.

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    i agree with every part of what u said except the part about swimming, archery, and hourse-back riding.. it was by Omar ...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)