Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (61 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Noooooo not Ray Stevenson :babycry::babycry::babycry:

One of the coolest actors I've ever seen and probably a really nice guy too. Way way wayyy too soon. Just few weeks ago he was at the Star Wars Celebration announcing his role in the Ashoka tv series.

What a fucking shit day :babycry::babycry::babycry:.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I get that he has a platform to address a real issue with low visibility.

But at the same time, I cringe at how he's being reduced to "Parkinson's boy" as his identity now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I get 6 months from buying ps5. Then 6 months while I bought a phone lol So a year free getting products I would gotten either way.

Apple tv have really high quality productions btw. Just not that many, but what they do is usually consistently really good.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've only just started actually watching it as I pay for a couple of others and share a couple too so it's like £18 p/m for 6 streaming apps, plus we have 4 apps for the terrestrial networks. I don't know how anyone finds time to watch this much TV.

Ted Lasso as my casual watch and also Silo, which I like a lot. What else would you recommend?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I've only just started actually watching it as I pay for a couple of others and share a couple too so it's like £18 p/m for 6 streaming apps, plus we have 4 apps for the terrestrial networks. I don't know how anyone finds time to watch this much TV.

Ted Lasso as my casual watch and also Silo, which I like a lot. What else would you recommend?
I liked Slow Horses

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I actually use it the least of my streaming apps throughout the years, but would say must watch:

Severance, slow horses

Good watch:

echo 3, black bird, foundation (only seen season 1, but liked it)

Casual watch: Shantaram, ted lasso, the morning show.

Haven't seen Silo yet. Will try soon.

They also have plenty of small quality mini series or art house movies made in house.

Seen a really nice indie drama with Mahersala Ali, called swan song. Bit of sci fi idea but very human story. They like doing small movies like these.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Gotta love Ridley Scott for keeping the historical fiction genre alive once a decade.

Looks quite ambitious, as it should be with it being Napoleon. Joaquin is a brilliant actor, but hard time imagining him as Napoleon. Hope he dont play him too emo and stoic lol Napoleon was quite violative military genius.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Gotta love Ridley Scott for keeping the historical fiction genre alive once a decade.

Looks quite ambitious, as it should be with it being Napoleon. Joaquin is a brilliant actor, but hard time imagining him as Napoleon. Hope he dont play him too emo and stoic lol Napoleon was quite violative military genius.
Big Ridley Scott fan even though he’s been kinda hit or miss lately. Hope it’s as good as we expect it to be.

Too bad Kubrick never got to finish his Napoleon movie. That would have been one for the ages.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
it looks like it’s only covering his rise to power. Looks interesting tho
"Only" :p

Looking at the trailer it starts before the Consulate with Marrie Antonine getting chopped and it covers his rise to the Emperor and focuses on his relationship with Josephine. What we don't know is when it ends but we've seen lots of snow so.... And a scene where Josephine seems mad because he dumps her which would be 1810. I suspect it covers everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)