Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (94 Viewers)

bianconera_BG

Jul 18, 2017
91gYQOSys6L._SY679_.jpg

Has been on my list for a while, just took the time to watch it... And loved it. The suspense is really amazingly paced + there were some really creepy scenes.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The new Texas chainsaw massacre was trash as expected

Zodiac is amazing especially the picnic scene. So many moments in that movie give me chills.

Watched Nightmare Alley. Massive letdown considering the talent involved. Great director and cast. Boring story and the few moments of extreme violence just felt like they were trying to repeat the shock from that great gun scene in Pans Labrinth.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Siberia with Keanu Reeves sucked donkey balls. It seems he is just standing in front of the camera with his depressed real life self and mimicking memorized lines.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Siberia with Keanu Reeves sucked donkey balls. It seems he is just standing in front of the camera with his depressed real life self and mimicking memorized lines.
What did you expect. Its a movie where the 2nd biggiest name is Molly Ringwald.

Keanu prolly did it as a favour to a no name director friend. Checked imdb couple years ago and passed when I saw the 4/10 rating.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Belfast is an amazing movie. I really loved it. Both kid and his grandpa were brilliant. I also loved the cinematography, it was neeeat.

One Second - Slower paced yet not boring for second. Haven't watched many Chinese movies but this one is really good imo.

Nitram is also great, I really enjoyed it. The only flaw is a weak ending but it did not ruin it for me. BRILLIANT acting from Caleb Jones, that was nuts.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Saw The Batman today in cinema.
Great movie. A gritty and darker batman.
The movie explores the detective part of Batman.
Great performance by Pattison. I never thought that he can pull the roll of. I guess he is a great versatile actor. He has come a long way since that sparkling vampire shtick.
I hope for a sequel.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it was as perfect as Batman adaption will get, in terms of capturing the core essence the best Batman comics and graphic novels (Hush, the Long Halloween, Year one, Gothi, Earth One etc), gritty grounded film noir detective story, with Gothams corrupt bleak atmospheric presence almost feeling like an extra character.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Saw The Batman today in cinema.
Great movie. A gritty and darker batman.
The movie explores the detective part of Batman.
Great performance by Pattison. I never thought that he can pull the roll of. I guess he is a great versatile actor. He has come a long way since that sparkling vampire shtick.
I hope for a sequel.
Can't wait. I will probably watch it next weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)