Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (37 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Downloading as we speak :tuttosport:

Planned to see it in cinema, but its been a bitch trying to find the same day me and the only 2 friends who would ever be interested in this movie, would align.
I might watch it this weekend. Looks good.

I watched quite a few movies recently. I guess it's that winter-ish atmosphere.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Gone with the wind - Such a wonderful movie and one of the best ones that I've ever seen. It was literally perfect. It's incredible how it was made in 1939 and yet beats all of the new ones. Both Vivien Leigh and Gable were perfect for those roles. Framing and those shots were/are beautiful and revolutionary and this movie is simply a huge achievement for the movie industry. Despite being 4h long I didn't feel bored for even one second and I really liked the pacing. Loved it. :star:

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Quite unique way of approaching an action movie. Action, action, action and some more of it. Still, it surely delivered. Enjoyable movie for sure.

Some Like it Hot - Another amazing classic. It was funny, well packed and very enjoyable movie.

Life of Brian
- Entertaining but nothing special.

Fargo - Great movie, I really enjoyed it. Sometimes these movies that are based on real events feel like a bigger sci-fi than a sci-fi.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - I could barely stand this one. Huge disappointment and so boring.

There Will Be Blood - Great movie. Daniel Day-Lewis is by far the best living actor. The guy totally brings movies on a whole different level only due to his brilliant performances. He absolutely killed it in this one. There's not one actor who'd pull this performance, just like nobody could be as good as him in Phantom Thread. As for the movie, it draws you in while the topic about power, greed and humans nature made me feel entertained as it got crazier by each 30min.

Singing in the rain - Good movie but quite forgettable.

Idi i smotri - Unique, different, strange and for such reasons very good. You can feel the old Russian movie vibes.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Gone with the wind - Such a wonderful movie and one of the best ones that I've ever seen. It was literally perfect. It's incredible how it was made in 1939 and yet beats all of the new ones. Both Vivien Leigh and Gable were perfect for those roles. Framing and those shots were/are beautiful and revolutionary and this movie is simply a huge achievement for the movie industry. Despite being 4h long I didn't feel bored for even one second and I really liked the pacing. Loved it. :star:

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Quite unique way of approaching an action movie. Action, action, action and some more of it. Still, it surely delivered. Enjoyable movie for sure.

Some Like it Hot - Another amazing classic. It was funny, well packed and very enjoyable movie.

Life of Brian - Entertaining but nothing special.

Fargo - Great movie, I really enjoyed it. Sometimes these movies that are based on real events feel like a bigger sci-fi than a sci-fi.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - I could barely stand this one. Huge disappointment and so boring.

There Will Be Blood - Great movie. Daniel Day-Lewis is by far the best living actor. The guy totally brings movies on a whole different level only due to his brilliant performances. He absolutely killed it in this one. There's not one actor who'd pull this performance, just like nobody could be as good as him in Phantom Thread. As for the movie, it draws you in while the topic about power, greed and humans nature made me feel entertained as it got crazier by each 30min.

Idi i smotri - Unique, different, strange and for such reasons very good. You can feel the old Russian movie vibes.
That's a proper Dule classic.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

What is this list for?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

hate to disappoint you but Fargo is not based on any real events. Look it up.

Still a fun movie though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 26)