Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (343 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Aquaman was pretty good as well
:lol: that movie is dogshit! So many stupid things in it, oh man, I can't believe anyone would even like that. WTF

I'm not counting the Dark Knight trilogy. You can't for this current DC Universe story arc. Now if Christian Bale were to reprise the role, that's a different story altogether. It just looks like it is going to be reboot after reboot for every main character except for Wonder Woman and possibly Aquaman. Ben Afflek as batman was a horrible choice, and as much as I love the Superman comics, Henry Cavill doesn't have much charisma.

There is only one Superman in my book, and that is Christopher Reeve.

The one thing that DC has going for it is that it is home to easily the greatest villain of all time in The Joker. There isn't even a close 2nd. In fact, an argument could be made that the 2nd greatest of all time is Lex Luthor. They need to somehow incorporate Joaquin Phoenix's version of the Joker into the DC Universe for these films.
That's what my dad says as well. He loved him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Robert Pattinson is Batman!
I think if done correctly it could work!

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: that movie is dogshit! So many stupid things in it, oh man, I can't believe anyone would even like that. WTF

That's what my dad says as well. He loved him.
aquaman for a superhero movie was fine., for an actual quality motion picture yes it sucked

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

https://variety.com/2019/film/reviews/a-hidden-life-review-terrence-malick-radegund-1203220352/ "Back in Cannes with his best film since 'The Tree of Life,' Terrence Malick poses tough questions about personal faith in a world gone astray in this epic return to form."

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/a-hidden-life-review-terrence-malick-cannes-1202142833/?amp;utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitter "After seven long years of wandering in the desert, Terrence Malick returns with a shatteringly powerful story of faith in crisis."

Can't wait. :tuttosport:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
aquaman for a superhero movie was fine., for an actual quality motion picture yes it sucked
IMO not one superhero movie can be claimed decent if main villain is not good enough. Aquaman is just a lot of mess and special effects. Teenage love story with way too many predictable things. That kiss during the war was one of the worse scenes in the cinema over the past 20 years. Also, Black Manta was totally ruined imo, they should have focus the whole movie around him. He was there and then he just... not anymore. Totally unneeded there. Fighting for the throne for the main plot was just too weak. Aquaman usually pulls tons of stupid shit like when he drinks whiskey and waves rush through him with the silliest music ever, it's just so much bullshit over 20 seconds. Special effect were decent but those lighting cities were too much while enemies looked like power rangers which was also horrible. I'd say this one falls into the category in the top bottom of the superhero movies.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
IMO not one superhero movie can be claimed decent if main villain is not good enough. Aquaman is just a lot of mess and special effects. Teenage love story with way too many predictable things. That kiss during the war was one of the worse scenes in the cinema over the past 20 years. Also, Black Manta was totally ruined imo, they should have focus the whole movie around him. He was there and then he just... not anymore. Totally unneeded there. Fighting for the throne for the main plot was just too weak. Aquaman usually pulls tons of stupid shit like when he drinks whiskey and waves rush through him with the silliest music ever, it's just so much bullshit over 20 seconds. Special effect were decent but those lighting cities were too much while enemies looked like power rangers which was also horrible. I'd say this one falls into the category in the top bottom of the superhero movies.
Def agree. Dark Knight trilogy was almost perfect.
Intrigued by this new Batman Matt reeves version. His detective centric, Batman focused, rogues gallery seems more script based and actual story telling than action centric noise

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Def agree. Dark Knight trilogy was almost perfect.
Intrigued by this new Batman Matt reeves version. His detective centric, Batman focused, rogues gallery seems more script based and actual story telling than action centric noise
It was not almost perfect. It was pefect.

My view on new Batman? Zero expectations. I only have expectations about Joker movie.

I read quite a few Batman comics and I can't really imagine this detective thing with him. I guess it would look similar to Daredevil series but no way there'll pull 1/10 of the quality. Comics aren't even based like that so I'm guessing they are just writing their own script. I highly doubt it's gonna be quality. I expect shit tbh.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
It was not almost perfect. It was pefect.

My view on new Batman? Zero expectations. I only have expectations about Joker movie.

I read quite a few Batman comics and I can't really imagine this detective thing with him. I guess it would look similar to Daredevil series but no way there'll pull 1/10 of the quality. Comics aren't even based like that so I'm guessing they are just writing their own script. I highly doubt it's gonna be quality. I expect shit tbh.
Well I mean detective comics are all about Batman being the detective. That's actually more to his origin than the newer iterations. Also the joker movie looks intriguing but it's a one off and not the actual joker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 327)