Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (79 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
@Dostoevsky @Völler @Juvenann

Cannes lineup to be announced in a few hours... but we already know the film that will be opening it.

A Jim Jarmusch zombie film, The Dead Don't Die :lol:

Looks like a lot of fun actually:

Billy Murray, Tilda Swinton, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Adam Driver, Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Rza, Chloe Sevigny, Caleb Landry Jones...

Dat cast mane. :tuttosport:
There's no way that movie is gonna be a bad one. No way.

Anything big other than that?

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
@Dostoevsky @Völler @Juvenann

Cannes lineup to be announced in a few hours... but we already know the film that will be opening it.

A Jim Jarmusch zombie film, The Dead Don't Die :lol:

Looks like a lot of fun actually:

Billy Murray, Tilda Swinton, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Adam Driver, Tom Waits, Iggy Pop, Rza, Chloe Sevigny, Caleb Landry Jones...

Dat cast mane. :tuttosport:
Oh yeah, I love it :tuttosport:. Iggy Pop as a zombie lol.

And I can't wait to watch the new films by Pedro Almodóvar and Xavier Dolan.
There is also an Argentine documentary "Que Be Ley" about the struggle for the legalization of abortion.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
There's no way that movie is gonna be a bad one. No way.

Anything big other than that?
By just looking at the list, I don't find this year's selection particularly interesting. Almodovar, Loach, the Dardennes, Jarmusch and Malick are all past their primes, and someone like Dolan is very hit and miss. But despite that, there are bound to be some surprises. It's just difficult to predict what the great films are going to be at this point.

And despite Malick having disappointed since The Tree of Life, I can't wait for A Hidden Life. It's supposedly a return to a more structured type of filmmaking for him. Plus, even a bad Malick film is interesting. :D

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Ok, I know its Avengers talk everywhere you go on social media, or anywhere online, but if I can be honest, set a lower expectations, I went to watch it yesterday with so high of an expectation, and went out of the movie feeling a bit disappointed, yes there were really awesome, outstanding moments, which really can make feel amazing, but overall, it still wasnt as great as I'd hoped it to be. Storyline wise, it was pretty weak, and some things just were just really lazy. Still a must watch Movie, and waaay better than the trainwreck that was Justice League, and this is coming from a huge Batman fan. And any first and half hour of the film, is a good time to go to toilet, you wont miss much.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Already seeing spoilers popping up around social media.

How long do you guys think it will take before a good stream is released?

I'm not a big fan of cinemas over here they are full of immature assholes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)