Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (24 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It doesnt look good trailer wise, but I hope Bill Skarsgård does a good job, good young actor. But incredible shoes to fill with this role, following up on Tim Curry.

And yeah I would never go to see this on cinema, at best out of options lazy download.
Tim who? The Swedish dude nailed it. I doubted he could but he did it. Impressive performance.

- - - Updated - - -

wot, it's actually pretty faithful to the book?
It is. Of course a lot had to be left out when you're running just a little over two hours but I'll say this, I've been a fan of the book since I was kid and IMO as far as the horror genre go this couldn't have been done better.

Except maybe with a little less CGI. Too fucking much. Otherwise, they got the right actor to play the Pennywise I always had in mind.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Is it? Haven't watched it :p
but judging by the trailers It's mostly the flair i don't like. Looks too teenie horror movie mainstream to me. Not a fan of the new pennywise either...

And what CrimsonianKing said. The CGI from the trailer alone is already too much for me.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Is it? Haven't watched it :p
but judging by the trailers It's mostly the flair i don't like. Looks too teenie horror movie mainstream to me.
Not a fan of the new pennywise either...
It's a horror movie so don't expect it to blow your mind. There's always the silly stuff and the scary stuff. It's got a bit of both with a pinch of comedy.

It it could have been a teenie horror if they had picked the wrong actor to play Pennywise. Swedish dude is an odd looking dude, he's got weird expressions, freaky eyes and a creepy smile. Add a creepy ass Make up and victorian looking clown costume and you got a win. I have nothing but praise for his performance.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Tim Curry is my Pennywise. :p
That mixture of nice, funny and evil was just perfect.

Skarsgard's face is pissing me off just from looking at his talkshow appearances. Punchable face syndrom.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I wouldn't call It a teenie movie, more like a typical Stephen King horror with pre-teen kids (like 10-13 years olds).

Teenie movies are things like slashers with Freddie etc. This one is much more complex. It's really good.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Tim Curry is my Pennywise. :p
That mixture of nice, funny and evil was just perfect.

Skarsgard's face is pissing me off just from looking at his talkshow appearances. Punchable face syndrom.
Definitely agree, Skarsgaard was good and fine but nobody couldn't replace the Pennywise of Curry. I realise its hard to squeeze so much into one movie but I'd really like to hear about more about the origin of and past misdeeds of Pennywise. I haven't read the book but i've heard it expands a lot more on that

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Definitely agree, Skarsgaard was good and fine but nobody couldn't replace the Pennywise of Curry. I realise its hard to squeeze so much into one movie but I'd really like to hear about more about the origin of and past misdeeds of Pennywise. I haven't read the book but i've heard it expands a lot more on that
Then get the book! It's a looong but great read. I had it when I was a kid and I bought a new copy couple months ago and I intend to re read it sometime before the second movie comes out.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Read it when I was a kid, had to stop halfway through though cause I was scared shitless during nighttime :lol:

Still haven't finished it (pun unintended)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
King....gotta be a fag of enormous proportions to win Stanley Kubrick to adopt one of your shitty pulp hacks and then to have the nerve to bitch and cry because he elevated it into art :disagree:

12yo me adored IT tho. It probably aged well and still is a nice book to read

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Tim who? The Swedish dude nailed it. I doubted he could but he did it. Impressive performance.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. Of course a lot had to be left out when you're running just a little over two hours but I'll say this, I've been a fan of the book since I was kid and IMO as far as the horror genre go this couldn't have been done better.

Except maybe with a little less CGI. Too fucking much. Otherwise, they got the right actor to play the Pennywise I always had in mind.
I liked it a lot. Felt it was about as close to the source material as one can get with out confusing the fuck out of the audience. Hard to understand why people think it's a teenie movie when the heroes are 10 and 11 years old. That kid who played Ritchie killed it, had some of the best one liners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)