Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (40 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So, who is super excited for The Force Awakens??!

Can't wait for Thursday!! I hope to see Jar-Jar :D
Im seeing it saturday. Wont be on any social media in the meanwhile
Can't fucking wait. Going to see it tomorrow (actually at midnight).
Went to the galla premiere of Star Wars last night. Too predictable that Luke is the bad guy.
I really want it to be fucking awful. I assume it won't be awful but it will be shallow and average. People will still eat it up and go see the other two that will be the same.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I assumed you don't drive. :D
Is that good or bad? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Quick thoughts (spoilers):
Too much of a rehash of the first two films. A droid carrying important information, the father-son (good-evil) relationship, destroying the Death Star mission v2 are all examples of that.
I also disliked the fact that the main goal of the movie basically ends up being the epilogue.
The climax is weak. Not a particularly grabbing lightsaber duel.
Kylo Ren is an interesting character, but as the main villain of the movie he feels somewhat weak. Despite being Darth Vader v2, he doesn't feel feel nearly as dangerous.

Good thing is, despite all this, I still liked it. The new characters, despite Oscar Isaac being underused, are all interesting, and particularly the first half of the movie is good. I'm a bit disappointed, but I still enjoyed it.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Too much of a rehash of the first two films. A droid carrying important information, the father-son (good-evil) relationship, destroying the Death Star mission v2 are all examples of that.
I also disliked the fact that the main goal of the movie basically ends up being the epilogue.
Kylo Ren is an interesting character, but as the main villain of the movie he feels somewhat weak. Despite being Darth Vader v2, he doesn't feel feel nearly as dangerous.

Good thing is, despite all this, I still liked it. The new characters, despite Oscar Isaac being underused, are all interesting, and particularly the first half of the movie is good. I'm a bit disappointed, but I still enjoyed it.
So predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything good on Netflix? Might try beasts of a nation.
it aint bad.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Imho it had many bad points . Revenge of the sith was better than this althrough this movie is getting great reviews from pretty much anyone .
The lightsaber duel was seriously terrible . The prequels had good coreography , the old ones had more tension in them this had neither . Also I don't care that he was hurt , it's impossible for someone not trained to go against a trained jedi turned to the dark side as soon as she discovers her powers . Ren was similar to vader , but he felt more threatening with a mask than without it . He looked like a wimpy crybaby and his voice wasn't nearly as imposing , the movie also failed to explain the motivations of him turning dark which will probably be explained in the sequels , but still makes this one feel incomplete imho .

I seriously hope that it doeesn't come out that they are brother and sister . I also didn't like how she got everything in the end , I mean she got to be a jedi and take the falcon with her .

They should have taken some notes from bioware when making those lighsaber fights .

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
well

I thought overall it was pretty good, better than Episode 1 & 2 at least for sure. However I think a few tropes from the old movies were a bit overused. I mean another Death Star... and they just do the same thing with it? It's almost #4 all over again. Who is this supreme leader? He is not explained at all. At least if he was like a regular size dude it would be an obvious sith lord or whatever, but he is a literal giant.

I get that Rey is strong with the force and Ren was slightly injured and not as powerful as Vader etc, but her beating him the first time she picks up a lightsaber is a bit ridiculous. It took Luke 3 movies to defeat Vader. I was also disappointed with how they left Luke for the last minute of the film. Also aren't Siths supposed to be like ugly and stuff? In #3 after you see Anakin turn to the dark side, his eyes become all red and evil this guy doesn't look menacing at all with his mask off.

But overall I think it was pretty good. The first half of the movie was really, really good. After that it went back more to classic Star Wars, like #4. Not that it was bad, but it felt unnecessary to have another death star and then just blow it up again. At least they could have done something different

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
The three of us seem to agree.

ZoSo said:
Who is this supreme leader? He is not explained at all. At least if he was like a regular size dude it would be an obvious sith lord or whatever, but he is a literal giant.
At first I thought he was a giant too, but wasn't it just the projection thing that made him seem like a giant?

He seemed like a villain that would fit better in Guardians of the Galaxy though...

- - - Updated - - -
@Dostoevsky

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The three of us seem to agree.

At first I thought he was a giant too, but wasn't it just the projection thing that made him seem like a giant?

He seemed like a villain that would fit better in Guardians of the Galaxy though...
It's possible but he seemed like an actual giant though. I was thinking maybe he something 'else' though. Because that old 'lady' (?) who speaks to Rey says she has seen evil in the sith, empire and first order. maybe this guy is some other kind of evil

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck read some of the posts here...So this is the thread to avoid from now til Sunday when I see the force awakens.
you opened spoilers when you haven't seen the movie? :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not you two, I meant the Sören post, even if he was joking. And its not about spoilers, dont wanna read any casual impressions of the movie in any way, to keep my viewing experience expectations free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 37)

• K10