Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (32 Viewers)

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
Just back from seeing Seven Psychopaths, fantastic flick, easily the best I've seen all year.A great mix of comedy and tragedy, really clever movie.

Sam Rockwell is an immense acting talent, cannot think of any movie I've watched him in where he hasn't been brilliant. The inclusion of Tom Waits is also a major plus, having just watched The Dark Knight and relating heath ledgers performance which was based on the aforementioned singer/actor. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCSc6E4yG9s

9/10 :tup:

Nah, Ledger was ripping off Brad Pitt's character in 12 Monkeys.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Still it was kind of cheesy for my taste. They could have done so much more with
the rainmaker from the future ect
Yeah, but I caught it on TV and it was really a pleasant surprise considering what kind of stuff they play there :D For me that movie is a nice surprise.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Saw The bourne legacy , not really very good , the pacing of thepast films is gone , this is much slower and also the story is not that compelling , still i really liked the chemistry between renner and weisz :)heart: love her) .

I don't know why , but i have had a love hate releationship with renner until now , first time i saw him in 28 weeks later i loved him (i had seen him in swat before that actually but i don't remember that movie at all) . Than came the hurt locker and i started to dislike him , same in the town don't know why . When mi4 came out i started to like him again same with avengers . In this movie he does a good job still sometimes i can't get through his serious face , it kinda seems to forced at times .

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
just saw the expendables 2 , it was better than the first . The chuck moments were great :lol:

still seeing van damme getting beaten by stalone sucked i mean really ? van damme could kick his sorry ass every day of the week . I really hope he returns in the next movie , i though he was the best of the bunch . His twin brother could be in the next movie :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Gonna watch Kingdom of Heaven, has E.Norton and L.Neeson in it, better be good
You need to watch the Director's Cut then, but that's 190 minutes. :) And if you are having a hard time getting through 144 minutes, then that's obviously going to be a problem. :p

Turned off at the 40th minute, Neeson is already dead, E.Norton hasn't showed up and there are 2,5 hours yet to watch, gotta pull all my strength together if I'm gonna watch this one tilll the end :D
You won't be able to see Edward Norton in the film. :) Now I've hinted which character he plays. :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I downloaded the Directors Cut and if the first hour is anything to go by I'm kinda glad I skipped the last 130 minutes :D Love most of E.Norton's work and he had a pretty cool character, but having to stare at O.Blooms oh-I'm-so-sad face for the remainder of the film kinda nullified that out. Gotta agree with Stevie here, a terrible choice for the main role.
Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind looks pretty promising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)