Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (121 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yep, seen around 6 movies in 3D, would say 4 of them fit 3D well enough, the other two were just riding on the gimmick and for extra bucks (they are Clash of titans and pirates of carribean 4).
Which are those 4 you're talking about? Because since Avatar, I have refused to watch 3D movies, though I have seen some of them in regular, good old 2D.

Personally, I can't wait till this whole 3P hype is over (which won't take too long according to some industry sources). I understand & see what it adds to animated movies, but I really don't get what it adds to a live- action film. The whole "immersing yourself" thing really doesn't work for me for some reason. The opposite on the other hand...

On a sidenote: Drive may very well be the movie of the year. And what a soundtrack!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Which are those 4 you're talking about? Because since Avatar, I have refused to watch 3D movies, though I have seen some of them in regular, good old 2D.

Personally, I can't wait till this whole 3P hype is over (which won't take too long according to some industry sources). I understand & see what it adds to animated movies, but I really don't get what it adds to a live- action film. The whole "immersing yourself" thing really doesn't work for me for some reason. The opposite on the other hand...

On a sidenote: Drive may very well be the movie of the year. And what a soundtrack!
Thor, Immortals, Tintin and Avatar, Avatar and Tintin for obvious reasons, and the first two can be seen without 3D (actually they all can be), but they supplement 3D in a decent way that blends into the athmosphere. They actually use the technique to some extent, not just hype it with it.

But mainly why I seen them in 3D is because these movies are initially released ONLY in 3D.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Thor, Immortals, Tintin and Avatar, Avatar and Tintin for obvious reasons, and the first two can be seen without 3D (actually they all can be), but they supplement 3D in a decent way that blends into the athmosphere. They actually use the technique to some extent, not just hype it with it.

But mainly why I seen them in 3D is because these movies are initially released ONLY in 3D.
I see. Haven't seen them (yet), besides Avatar (which sucked :D).

I'll probably end up watching them in 2D anyway, except for Tintin possibly.

BTW Osman, The Fall was the shizznit.
This I agree with. Didn't think I was going to like it (judging by what I knew before watching it), but it was quite well made.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I seen them Bucky, because I'm a sucker for ancient times set fantasy/mythic adventure flicks, and superheroes, hehe. Clash of Titans was the only one that sucked. Which was a shame (I mean, Neeson and Fiennes as Gods and it still sucks, what a retarded director), because I digged the original version of it big time as a kid.

BTW Osman, The Fall was the shizznit.
Indeed, very enjoyable tale. Besides the enchanting visuals, oved the fable/fairytale style to it, a man telling a kid a story, simple and charming.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,868
    I saw Immortals. People in the audience were laughing their asses off at how lame it was :D

OP
    Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7,870
    :lol: FAAAAIL!

But seriously don't ever go to movies in Azerbaijan, here people make fun of EVERYTHING, literally everything and the whole audience joins in laughter in dramatic scenes. People speak on the phone etc etc It's quite an experience :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Lol I hate it when that happens Elvin, audience ruining a movie by reacting to it/critiqueing loudly. Barely ever happens in Sweden, or where I live, except special cinema events thats in every christmas, where you watch 4 films in a row over the whole night/til early morning, and naturally it attracts lots of annoying teens, and because its so long fuckers get settled in and baww and shout like they are in their living rooms :p

Tommy, what did you think of Le Samourai? Its slickness defined IMO, if you liked it, and Alain Delon, I recommend you watch Le circle rouge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)