Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (80 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Retwatched Heat again.

Near perfect film. How it never received a single Oscar nomination is mind blowing.

Especially considering the fact that Babe was nominated for Best Picture the same year...
one of greatest film ever made in the history of mankind.

- - - Updated - - -

I got rid of Netflix a month ago because of their dark material. I implore all believers to do the same

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well it was entertaining and I'd rewatch it. Maybe the second time around I'll know if it's good or not :D

- - - Updated - - -

@Dostoevsky will hate it
Finally saw this.

Was weird but I really enjoyed most of it, even if the ending/ final 20 minutes or so was fairly lame.

Very different feel to it from the original trilogy.

and I agree, @Dostoevsky will definitely hate it.

Jun 7, 2003
Watched MEG with Jason Statham on Netflix and The Gentleman on Prime, both were entertaining. Statham against a big shark is something the world needed.
The Gentleman was okay, expected more. McConaughey has amazing outfits in the movie. He could be also a good Bond

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Fair be foul and foul be fair aaaight

I really, really liked the visual identity, shot composition and photography here. Of course, for obvious reasons there can't be immersion but by design it's not the type of adaptation to rely on immersion to work well. Also plotwise it feels very minimalistic and streamlined, reduced to the basics, thereby matching the visual styling. Rating it an 8/10.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I got rid of Netflix a month ago because of their dark material. I implore all believers to do the same
Netflix is useless. Not only cause of their obsession with race and all that stuff but also cause their catalog is bad.
And to think of all the grief I got for calling out Netflix for this 2-3 years ago...

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I'm a cuck for Elena Ferrante's work. The Lost Daughter was pretty good. If you're gonna do a chic flick, this is how it should be.
If it is anywhere near as good as "My brilliant friend" I have to watch it.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If it is anywhere near as good as "My brilliant friend" I have to watch it.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk
I adore My Brilliant Friend. That show is fantastic.

The movie isn’t THAT good. But it’s definitely solid. It’s been picking up a lot of festival awards too (Venice, etc.).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)