Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (46 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Mel Gibson compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger is a pussy.

- - - Updated - - -

I fucking love this scene. The tension, the music, the special effects, acting. NOTHING EVER will be better than this movie. :stuckup:

They tried with Terminator Genisys but they failed. Still, after the 1st 2 movies, Genisys is the best, imo.

James Cameron, you are a LEGEND. Please direct Terminator 6.

- - - Updated - - -

ArnOLD vs ArnYOUNG scene is the best scene from Terminator Genisys, imo.

Although the scene has some flaws. If you want me to explain, please tell me. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

https://yts.ag/movie/terminator-genisys-2015

- - - Updated - - -

This scene gives me the chills. :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
icemaη;5346347 said:
It was on my hard drive for so long, took me forever to watch it. So glad I finally did :D
I was always disappointed John Turturro's acting career never really developed into something more, though I suppose that means we can appreciate the gems he did have even more.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

This is basically the only super hero movie that I wanna see and have some hopes for. It's interesting as it shows some different prospective of reality, interesting subject anyway, haven't read the comics.

Out of other mainstream movies I'm also looking forward to see new Bourne, Star Wars and The Accountant. There are some others too but I forgot dem titles. :D

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

This is basically the only super hero movie that I wanna see and have some hopes for. It's interesting as it shows some different prospective of reality, interesting subject anyway, haven't read the comics.

Out of other mainstream movies I'm also looking forward to see new Bourne, Star Wars and The Accountant. There are some others too but I forgot dem titles. :D
I just saw Bourne and they showed the latest 'Doctor Strange' trailer. It really looked terrible. Like watching 'Inception' (which I really find vastly overrated).

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I loved Inception and I wanted to mention how it reminds me of it. :D

Did you like Bourne at least?
Bourne was too much headless action. The first three made you sit on the edge of the chair - this one didn't. Basically, it was a remake of the first movie. Star Wars was too (remake of first movie), but it was still epic. You should watch it in the cinema, though.

Why do you love Inception? And you hate Watchmen (which I love).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Bourne was too much headless action. The first three made you sit on the edge of the chair - this one didn't. Basically, it was a remake of the first movie. Star Wars was too (remake of first movie), but it was still epic. You should watch it in the cinema, though.

Why do you love Inception? And you hate Watchmen (which I love).
Bah. Then it's not as great as I expected it to be, but then again not too much surprised after three movies. But I will still enjoy it despite being brainless, unlike other shit movies like Taken which I find disgusting.

There's nothing shocking there really. It's not weird to see people have different opinions, it happens all the time, from sports to politics... and yeah, movies too. I also never understood how some people love some total crap, rate Adam Sandler etc.

I think Inception is amazing and it was totally different/new/inovative. Acting aside, which was good, I love the fact that it has layers, layers and more layers. It's quite deep and can be understood differently, it has amazing music and a very powerful ending. It's also one of those movies that you can (and actually should) watch multiple times to get a clear picture. Well, I guess those who find movie dull for some reason obviously won't watch it again. But imo it was a full movie, it gave in the best way what was to offer. I like when there are lots of things to digest and when you can see a movie from different angles. I also love Nolan's work generally so I really have no complaints about the movie. But Watchmen? I never read the comic. I'm not saying it's bad, no way, I can see people hail the living shit out of it and I totally respect that. However my friend is into that and he told me huge majority of people who love the comic don't rate the movie at all. But all that put aside... my view as a guy who watches the movie for the first time without knowing anything: it's a total disaster of a movie. I don't even want to exaggerate here, nor bash just for the sake it, it's obviously just my already shapen opinion. I literally kept waiting for 2h and 20 minutes for this movie to becoming something. And it didn't. I don't know how many movies I watched overall but I do know I watched a lot more than 600 (not bragging, people here have seen way way more). But this movie is literally one of the worst movies that I've ever seen. I even gave it a 1/10 which is quite incredible cause I've seen plenty of dumb movies, but not many managed to drive me out of my skin while watching. Shortly just a total waste of time. One of the worst punishment would be if somebody made me watch it again. I never cried while watching a movie. But I know I would if I tried it again. No offense seriously, just my opinion of it. I know many people like it.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Bah. Then it's not as great as I expected it to be, but then again not too much surprised after three movies. But I will still enjoy it despite being brainless, unlike other shit movies like Taken which I find disgusting.

There's nothing shocking there really. It's not weird to see people have different opinions, it happens all the time, from sports to politics... and yeah, movies too. I also never understood how some people love some total crap, rate Adam Sandler etc.

I think Inception is amazing and it was totally different/new/inovative. Acting aside, which was good, I love the fact that it has layers, layers and more layers. It's quite deep and can be understood differently, it has amazing music and a very powerful ending. It's also one of those movies that you can (and actually should) watch multiple times to get a clear picture. Well, I guess those who find movie dull for some reason obviously won't watch it again. But imo it was a full movie, it gave in the best way what was to offer. I like when there are lots of things to digest and when you can see a movie from different angles. I also love Nolan's work generally so I really have no complaints about the movie. But Watchmen? I never read the comic. I'm not saying it's bad, no way, I can see people hail the living shit out of it and I totally respect that. However my friend is into that and he told me huge majority of people who love the comic don't rate the movie at all. But all that put aside... my view as a guy who watches the movie for the first time without knowing anything: it's a total disaster of a movie. I don't even want to exaggerate here, nor bash just for the sake it, it's obviously just my already shapen opinion. I literally kept waiting for 2h and 20 minutes for this movie to becoming something. And it didn't. I don't know how many movies I watched overall but I do know I watched a lot more than 600 (not bragging, people here have seen way way more). But this movie is literally one of the worst movies that I've ever seen. I even gave it a 1/10 which is quite incredible cause I've seen plenty of dumb movies, but not many managed to drive me out of my skin while watching. Shortly just a total waste of time. One of the worst punishment would be if somebody made me watch it again. I never cried while watching a movie. But I know I would if I tried it again. No offense seriously, just my opinion of it. I know many people like it.
I found Inception dumb. A pseudo intellectual movie trying to be intellectual.

I loved Watchmem without reading the comics. The music was great and the slow build up telling us about the characters was great. Imo, it's easily the best superhero movie. And I want to read the comics, cause fans says it's even better.

Manhattan's increasing alienation from humans is great. He knows he's better and acknowledge some personal involvment, but it's not his reason to react. The plot, where he's the answer (him becoming god like and alienated), is great too. Where do we see that among other superhero movies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)