Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (43 Viewers)

Oct 30, 2013
I had long plans for watching Kieślowski's trio, Three Colors. But unfortunately couldn't find the time and mood for them. I really like to finally start watching them, but which one should I start from? Since you guys already went through them, I really value your opinions on this. @Post Ironic @Dostoevsky @king Ale

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I had long plans for watching Kieślowski's trio, Three Colors. But unfortunately couldn't find the time and mood for them. I really like to finally start watching them, but which one should I start from? Since you guys already went through them, I really value your opinions on this. @Post Ironic @Dostoevsky @king Ale
Watch them in the order they were made... Blue. White. Red. They work best that way, imo. Especially if you want to see the strings that tie them together. :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I watched: Red - Blue - White, and ended up loving Blue the most although all are amazing. I also suggest that you go by the chronological order as @Post Ironic says.

:agree:
----
Havent seen any good movies in a long time ive been stuck watching TV series. Any great movies been released this year yet?
Cafe Society?

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Watch them in the order they were made... Blue. White. Red. They work best that way, imo. Especially if you want to see the strings that tie them together. :D
Yep, that order. They are designed around the colours of the French flag and (loosely) based on the ideas of liberté (Blue), égalité (White), and fraternité (Red).

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I watched: Red - Blue - White, and ended up loving Blue the most although all are amazing. I also suggest that you go by the chronological order as @Post Ironic says.

Cafe Society?
I will save that for when the misses comes round and wants to watch something :D

I normally go for something a bit dark or thought provoking this time of night. Maybe even a feel good indie movie.

Comedys, action, mainstream or horror movies are saved for during the day ir when im with someone.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I will save that for when the misses comes round and wants to watch something :D

I normally go for something a bit dark or thought provoking this time of night. Maybe even a feel good indie movie.

Comedys, action, mainstream or horror movies are saved for during the day ir when im with someone.
I know it's not new but have you watched The Lobster? I LOVED IT.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:
----
Havent seen any good movies in a long time ive been stuck watching TV series. Any great movies been released this year yet?
The Philippine film A Lullaby to the Sorrowful Mystery was fantastic. Probably my favourite of the year so far.

Things to Come. Isabelle Huppert was amazing in it.

Junction 48 was excellent.

Korean film The Bacchus Lady was very good.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
From Sundance:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was fantastic.

Belgica was really good. I'm a big fan of the director, Felix Van Groeningen

And then I'd really like to see Frank & Lola and Manchester by the Sea

- - - Updated - - -

:tup::tup: Awesome.

Have you watched Poetry (The Korean 2010 movie)?
I haven't seen it. I shall have to now. Thanks for the recommend. :heart:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I watched it like PI commented. I thought it was a neat order. :tup:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Is Terminator Genisys the worst Terminator? In your opinion, of course. Imo, the worst is Terminator Rise Of The Machines.

- - - Updated - - -

1 more question. Do you prefer "bad" or "good" Arnie?

- - - Updated - - -

Original badass. :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)