Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (69 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Oh, I agree, it's surely above average. :D
Kristen Stewart had a great role, I thought she was quite powerful. I also love how her role ended, just like in the script the main actress. Juliette Binoche was also amazing but that's no surprise, she's a great actress imo. The places they shot were beautiful. It was quite intense to see the struggle in the age compared to her self which was later reflected in Jo-Ann. Actually, the more I think about it the more I like it. It's a great movie! :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Kristen Stewart had a great role, I thought she was quite powerful. I also love how her role ended, just like in the script the main actress. Juliette Binoche was also amazing but that's no surprise, she's a great actress imo. The places they shot were beautiful. It was quite intense to see the struggle in the age compared to her self which was later reflected in Jo-Ann. Actually, the more I think about it the more I like it. It's a great movie! :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Yes, the acting was nothing short of amazing, Stewart included. It was interesting to see how similar the characters in the play, the characters in the movie and the real life actors are. Very meta. :D

- - - Updated - - -

You have seen Persona, right? At times it felt quite similar to that. Obviously less daring and interesting though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This page...

Kristen Stewart called powerful and amazing, and Clouds of Sils Maria compared to Persona...

Nah. I liked Persona way better.

It's just that Sils Maria was completely unknown for me and I was not left disappointed. Like I said, it's refreshing compared to the usual garbage that comes out (especially in the last year which was quite crap overall).

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The hipster level on this thread has reached scary heights. Thanks to our master @Post Ironic.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw child of hipsterism, are Birth and/or Sexy Beast good movies? I was doing the annual Kubrick praise watching some of his stuff and Under The Skin came to mind, and how much I loved that movie.

Don't get why he (Glazer) hasn't made any new flicks, not even working on anything currently. Meh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)