Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (55 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Macbeth is beautifully shot movie, amazing cinematography with fantastic cast.

But it's near unwatchable (watching it right now) because of the insanely tedious and confusing heavy Shakespearean speak. Communication is key in telling a story, and they went a tad far in this with so heavy handed dialogue that it leaves you detached from the story.

I know it's about staying authentic to the prose of the source material. But should left it at theater stage and not in a full feature flick without an ounce of modern common English in there. Kind of alienates you from the world when so much effort is needed to fully get what they saying nonstop (even if it gets easier later).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Macbeth is beautifully shot movie, amazing cinematography with fantastic cast.

But it's near unwatchable (watching it right now) because of the insanely tedious and confusing heavy Shakespearean speak. Communication is key in telling a story, and they went a tad far in this with so heavy handed dialogue that it leaves you detached from the story.

I know it's about staying authentic to the prose of the source material. But should left it at theater stage and not in a full feature flick without an ounce of modern common English in there. Kind of alienates you from the world when so much effort is needed to fully get what they saying nonstop (even if it gets easier later).
Check post #23155.

Good to know, I thought it was me. :D But yeah, agreed about the movie being beautiful with amazing cinematography.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Just seen Crimson Peak no repetitive story but i still think Jessica Chastain was better in MAMA as horror film
i will be watched Sinister 2 tomorrow

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah Douchen. Will defenitely watch more movies of this director with his visual style. Very compelling in building a grim and cold world.

Too bad all is ruined when the actors open their mouths...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)