Moggi: No Juve Revolution (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Moggi: No Juve Revolution Tuesday 10 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer guru Luciano Moggi has resisted calls for a revolution within the Juventus camp and insists the Scudetto is not out of reach.

“I recall after defeats to Parma and Lecce the press called for a complete clear-out of our squad,” insisted the Director General, “but both times we went on to win the title. Perhaps it’s even a lucky omen to be hammered every once in a while.”

The 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Roma has left the reigning Champions eight points adrift of leaders Milan.

“We are only three points behind Roma and to be perfectly honest they deserved to win on the night,” added Moggi. “But the table is only tallied up in May.”

Above all, they are dealing with the worst defensive record for a Juve side in four decades and some believe the decision not to sign reinforcements in January was a mistake.

“It isn’t much fun to concede 25 goals in 20 games,” he admits, “but with a few injuries and other players off form right now there have been some problems. I am certain that we will find a solution before Thursday.”

The Bianconeri’s next challenge is the Coppa Italia semi-final, where they must recover from a 2-2 home draw with Inter.

However, many newspapers are already looking to the future with reports of Parma duo Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera as well as Ajax star Hatem Trabelsi targeted for the summer.

“We are keeping our eye on a few players,” conceded the dg, “but we won’t go crazy on the transfer market. Juve are a serious club that won’t end up like certain others I could mention.”

Moggi also commented on Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti’s appeal to rest his players for the upcoming international friendly.

“The Nazionale is something that belongs to everybody and therefore we should all play our part.”

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)