MLS 2020-21 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I have some questions about MLS for those that are familiar with it:

1) How many tiers below the top Europe leagues are they?

2) I have heard that the MLS game is different and built more on power and size, is this the case?

3) What % of MLS players are from the US?
1) It can get pretty bad, to be honest. I mean, compare Giovinco's first season in MLS to at Juve. Or look at Josef Martinez.

2) I would definitely say it's more physical and less organized, maybe a bit faster as a result. Of course we don't have the most technically advanced players here so you have to base your game around something. NYCFC tries to be more possession-based but even still.

3)According to this, it was 43.5% in 2017 and declining, not sure about now. To be expected I guess considering its growth.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-l...ers-face-greater-competition-for-roster-spots
I very much hope this changes though.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    People here going nuts over the arrival of Bojan. LOL :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    1) It can get pretty bad, to be honest. I mean, compare Giovinco's first season in MLS to at Juve. Or look at Josef Martinez.

2) I would definitely say it's more physical and less organized, maybe a bit faster as a result. Of course we don't have the most technically advanced players here so you have to base your game around something. NYCFC tries to be more possession-based but even still.

3)According to this, it was 43.5% in 2017 and declining, not sure about now. To be expected I guess considering its growth.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-l...ers-face-greater-competition-for-roster-spots
    I very much hope this changes though.
    Zlatan

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)