Miralem Pjanić (27 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Are you kidding, man? Pjanic with Khedira basically played 2 vs 3 very physical inda midfielders and came on top. And don't even get me started on his set pieces and overall ball distribution. God I wish Max have tried this scheme earlier.
No im not kidding, Marchisio is our best player. Khedira and Pjanic have both done very well but Marchisio is a level above both and we will see that once he is back to 100%.

Maybe we could see Cheesio-Pjanic though it may be a bit light weight

Buy on AliExpress.com

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
I love the fact that he's been great in defense, he does know how to position himself well and his tackling isn't too shabby for a more technical player like him.

Watching the game I heard the commentator say that Allegri said in an interview recently that he feels Pjanić needs to be more creative when distributing the ball and how he sometimes hates when he does those little 5m passes. Which is very true, he sometimes try to play like Xavi when we need him to be a Pirlo and do a 40m long-pass behind the enemy back line.

Btw, if anyone knows the source of that interview please link it. :D

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
No im not kidding, Marchisio is our best player. Khedira and Pjanic have both done very well but Marchisio is a level above both and we will see that once he is back to 100%.

Maybe we could see Cheesio-Pjanic though it may be a bit light weight
I've said it already week ago, will copy/paste myself. One the best game from Claudio under Conte was when he used him against RM at home (I think) in 433 on the right side. Of course Claudio didn't play a winger or inside, but he covered a lot off ground, always positioned himself great for pass and basically almost shut off Ronaldo. Now imo Max have basically two main set ups in this 4231:
– Cuadrado on the right gives us width, speed, one on one dribbling and moments of absolutely unpredictable brilliance like his shot yesterday. RB is mainly responsible for defense here.
– Claudio a little on the right in front of the Sami and Mire. With him we are more covered in the middle, he is far better defensively, better passer and safer with the ball. Dybala mainly cuts from the right here as he likes to do, while Claudio takes some defensive burden from him. But here RB should be able to provide the width, like Sandro does on the other side, and we lose this John Sqaures ability to beat anyone mano a mano . And I doubt that we have a player in our squad who can play RB like that.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Pjanic has really improved, at the start of the season we were all doubting his defensive contribution, mentality and physique. Right now he is showing that he is capable of defending, has fighting spirit and can tackle pretty well. If you add to that his great freekicks and corners you have super MF. He only needs to improve his finishing.
His perfomance is really a big suprise for me, I thought we would need two classic DMs to play this 4231 formation against bigger teams. I guess that is also thanks to Mandzu and Cuads who do tremendous defensive work.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Was really good yesterday.He is implementing himself perfectly into the team,especially the new formation.And that free kick when he hit the bar.A masterpiece.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I didn't know Pjanic had such good awareness defensively. He knows when to press an opponent (right when they take a heavy touch or when they are blind to him) and he knows how to pick off passes. Also, his yellows have all been worth it probably.

I guess it suits him well to always have the play in front of him as a DM.

As far as the 5 metre passing goes. I see what Allegri is saying but I can't blame Pjanic really. I'm not seeing passes that he's refusing to make, they just aren't there. One thing I can see improvement in is beating the forward marking him with his dribble. It would make a big difference offensively if he could beat that first defensive line with a dribble and create numbers in attack.

In that scenario, I see he is too willing to pass 5 metres. I do think he'd be willing to play 1-2's and break the lines but we're not playing a real proper 4-2-3-1 so those options aren't always there (Dybala is not playing like a proper CAM).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)