Miralem Pjanić (25 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i take pogba over him. because i am sure Pogba can work great in our team and our gameplay suits him. pjanic could fit barca better.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'd take a lot of players ahead of Pjanic at this point. He's having a terrible season so far.

But before scapegoating Pjanic, we need to take a look at the players sharing the midfield with him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
For me no doubt. Id take Pogba 10/10 times over Pjanic. Which doesnt mean Pjanic isnt good football player, just that Pogba has something extra.
Wow, fair enough.

I think Pjanic was superb over the two games, as he has been in most big CL matches.

Pogba gave the ball away 9 times in the first half alone tonight and made the least passes out of the whole Man Utd midfield. I think he has gone backwards drastically and no way I'd swap them.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Wow, fair enough.

I think Pjanic was superb over the two games, as he has been in most big CL matches.

Pogba gave the ball away 9 times in the first half alone tonight and made the least passes out of the whole Man Utd midfield. I think he has gone backwards drastically and no way I'd swap them.
Pjanic is playing in a well built team, good player management and leadership on and off the pitch. All that is missing at United. We have seen what kind of player Pogba can be here and what kind of player he is when playing for France. Something else entirely than his performances for United would suggest. Even tonight he had some magical moments.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Should practice shooting on goal and score goals besides fk. Its incredible to have such a fine touch on the ball, but suck so much with hitting a huge target that stands still.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
He's supposed to be the creative source from midfield line but he's outclassed by Bonucci. He's not bad ofc it's just I feel something lacking in his game compared to our previous regista Pirlo and Marchisio

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pjanic is playing in a well built team, good player managment and leadership on and off the pitch. All that is missing at United. We have seen what kind of player Pogba can be here and what kind of player he is when playing for France. Something else entirely than his performances for United would suggest. Even tonight he had some magical moments.
Not sure about his magical moments tonight. I'm also not convinced with him for France.

I was a huge Pogba fan and had wanted him back for a long time. But I'm no longer convinced. Personally, I thought he was atrocious over the 2 games and has been whenever I have seen him recently.

For me Pjanic is a top player that seems to be under appreciated by Juve's support. The media in the UK were raving about him after the game at Old Trafford, but not here. He does it for Bosnia and for Juve, I'm delighted we have him and not sure there are many CM's I'd swap him for.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I think Pjanic had some recent good games after a bad start to the season and I was hoping he would continue, but this one was back to his frustrating level. He seriously looks like a player who doesn't give a fuck. His body language is disgustingly lazy and arrogant on the pitch, and he opts for slow, jumpy passes to the nearest teammate, even not minding putting them under pressure, forcing
Bonucci and Chiellini to be the ones playing the ball out of pressure and dictate the play. I don't understand how it can be like this. It seems like it is part of the setup, else I would expect Allegri to do something?
I think he can do so much more, which makes it frustrating to see. In many situations I feel he actually slows down our play and breaks it by not being more aggressive with his passes.

With these kind of performances, I would be happy to see a midfield of Matuidi and Bentancur and then opt for more wing play and an additional striker in the box. But we know he can do better, so we shouldn't really bench him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
You watched two very different games. He wasn't exceptional in either but was good in both. Kept things simple and was involved in Utd's best chances. And there's quite a diff between good and atrocious.

- - - Updated - - -

Superb?
Pogba gave the ball away 9 times in the first half alone, despite making the least amount of passes in the entire Man Utd midfield. He also lost the ball countless times in the second half. For a centre midfielder I count that as atrocious, particularly in the role he was playing. If that was a Juve player e.g. Khedira people would be going crazy.

Of course Pjanic was superb. The UK press were raving about him after the first leg. He also had an excellent game last night, his pass to Ronaldo in the first half was Pirlo-esque.

Honestly the criticism he gets at times is ridiculous. Yes he has games where he doesn't do enough, mainly against smaller opposition. But looking back over the CL games against bigger sides he has consistently put in top performances. If we had him at home v Real last season he would have made a huge difference.

I have no doubt that if we had won last night he would have rightfully got the praise he deserves.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Honestly the criticism he gets at times is ridiculous. Yes he has games where he doesn't do enough, mainly against smaller opposition. But looking back over the CL games against bigger sides he has consistently put in top performances. If we had him at home v Real last season he would have made a huge difference.
He has in been inconsistent in CL just like in Serie A. He was awful vs Spurs. Both Matuidi and Khedira were better in 2nd leg vs Real. He was only really great vs Barca.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He has in been inconsistent in CL just like in Serie A. He was awful vs Spurs. Both Matuidi and Khedira were better in 2nd leg vs Real. He was only really great vs Barca.
He was poor in the first leg v Spurs I agree, but tactically the duo of Khedira/Pjanic we were completely outmatched in midfield. Second leg he was average.

He was excellent v Real away. Honestly can't remember Matuidi or Khedira in that game, but even if they were better it doesn't take away from another top performance from him.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Actually our mid functioned better in the first leg against Real. We dominated them for 60minutes with some smooth and strong midfield play. However individual errors and not capitalizing on our chances ended up in disaster in the end, just like tonight and many other games.
In the return leg we scored 3 goals without being in control like first leg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)