• Thread Starter #6
    it will be free on aljazeera sports on nilesat 7 west tonight at 9 CET

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    capello and ancelloti were togather the milan team coaches , it was so strange to see them togather coaching the same team

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    it was the best tribute ever for good old albertini gluck for your future. btw van basten scored a hell of goal like old times with a banging header

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Albertini takes last kick Thursday 16 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An emotional Demetrio Albertini brought his stunning career to an end on Wednesday night during a star-studded farewell game.

Over 35,000 fans turned out at the San Siro as a Milan XI defeated a Barcelona outfit 3-2 in a match which rolled back the years.

“I could only dream of a last day like this,” the 34-year-old stated. “I’ve had a lucky career, one full of success.

“I want to thank my teammates at Milan, Barcelona, my family, my manager and the President (Silvio Berlusconi).

“I would also like to say thank you to my public, to my Curva and our Curva, I’ll have you in my heart forever.”

Albertini opened the scoring himself for the Rossoneri, bossed by Fabio Capello and Carlo Ancelotti, with an early free-kick.

The home side doubled their lead in the 11th minute when Marco Van Basten headed in to make it 2-0 to the delight of his former fans.

Milan made it 3-0 on the night thanks to a Nadal own goal after a Ruud Gullit shot. Barca replied with second half goals from Ezquerro and a Samuel Eto’o penalty.

Albertini spent 14 years with Milan where he won five Scudetti, a Champions League, a European Super Cup and three Italian Super Cups. He also won a Liga title at Barca.

The former Italian international, who has been inactive since his Barca deal expired in the summer, also had one season spells with Atletico Madrid, Lazio and Atalanta.

Other players who entertained at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza included Ronaldinho, Deco, Kaka, Shevchenko, Baresi, Rijkaard, Michael Laudrup, Stoichkov, Papin and Weah.

channel4.com

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Milan have beaten Barca 3-2 in a mixture of nostalgia and good football in Albertini's tribute match.

The two generations of footballers on the San Siro pitch tonight made it quite clear that the Barca and Milan teams of past and present are guided by the same principles. It was an unforgettable night of football and a fitting tribute for Demetrio Albertini.

Rijkaard in a Barca shirt

One of the unforgettable images of the night was the sight of Frank Rijkaard in the number 4 shirt of FC Barcelona. The rest of the 'Dream Team' was made up of: Zubizarreta, Goikoetxea, Alexanko, Nadal, Amor, Salinas, Stòixkov, Laudrup, Eusebio and Sergi Barjuán. The Barca coach played 25 minutes before replaced by Marc Van Bommel.

Salinas, Albertini and Van Basten

The opening minutes brought back memories of the matches from the beginning of the 90's. FC Barcelona, led from the manager's bench by Johan Cruyff, controlled the game and Julio Salinas almost opened the score sheet.

However, Milan took advantage of their first two chances to score. The first goal came, appropriately enough, from Demetrio Albertini, who converted a free kick from 20 yards past an outstretched Zubizarreta. Five minutes later, Marco Van Basten showed just why he won the Golden Ball award heading home a great cross from the left from from Galli.

Laudrup, Gullit and Ezquerro

FC Barcelona continued to dominate possession with Laudrup and Eusebio Sacristán both coming close. The Barca coach had a couple of shots on goal while the current Broendby coach, clearly in great shape, distributed the ball with tremendous skill.

Laudrup, together with Goikoetxea, Nadal, Amor and Sergi were the only Barca players to play the full 40 minutes of the first half, the rest being gradually substituted by players from the current Barca squad. The Milan side made more changes as their veteran players demanded a chance to take part.

Gullit, who came on for Van Basten, created the third goal for his side with a powerful shot from the right wing. Nadal tried to block but the ball deflected off his head into the net defended by Jorquera. Ezquerro got one back for Barca with a header from a cross from the right by Goikoetxea.

Rui Costa, Márquez and Puyol

After the break, the veterans gave way to the players from the current squads: Dida, Rui Costa and Shevchenko, for Milan and Puyol, Van Bommel and Giuly for Barca, a meeting that could take place in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Shevchenko posed a threat for the Barca goal but was closely shadowed by Oleguer. Rui Costa and Gilardini were a constant menace, the latter having a goal disallowed for offside. Meanwhile, Márquez and Puyol came close for Barca.

Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Kalac

In the 62nd minute, the big guns of the current FC Barcelona squad came on: Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Valdés and Larsson. The final goal came from the penalty spot from the leading scorer in La Liga Samuel Eto'o. Second string keeper Kalac prevented the Barca strike force from scoring the equaliser.

Demetrio Albertini came on for the final minutes of the match wearing the FC Barcelona shirt watched from the touchline by Johan Cruyff and Frank Rijkaard, two generations on the bench.

capello and ancelloti were milan coaches
    Johan Cruyff was barca coach

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)