Mexes in Old Lady link (4 Viewers)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #141
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

That's a lovely story, and i agree that it was a great performance and he showed huge determination, but the last thing we need right now is a defender who leaves gaping holes in our central defence while he goes to upstage Trezeguet
    Agreed. Lucio is a fine player, but he doesn't really suit our plans imo. Mexes, Ferrari, Squilacci, Stam, etc... those are the sort of guys we need.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Agreed. Lucio is a fine player, but he doesn't really suit our plans imo. Mexes, Ferrari, Squilacci, Stam , etc... those are the sort of guys we need.
    stu u spoiled it with that bit :down:

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
    Moggi 'Resta Lippi, ci interessano Kapo e Mexes' (GazzSport)
    Venerdì, 26 marzo @ 09:25:00 CET

I piani della Juventus e di Luciano Moggi,
    considerato il più esperto dirigente del calcio
    italiano. È direttore generale della Juventus
    dal 1994. Moggi ha dichiarato: "Rifondazione è
    una parola che non mi piace. Resta Lippi, ma il
    futuro è Deschamps. Ci interessano Kapo e
    Mexes, seguiamo anche Gilardino. Spero di
    riportare Deschamps a Torino ma non subito.
    Nedved e Trezeguet non li venderemo". (Gazzetta
    dello Sport)

The plan of Juventus and Moggi, reinforcement is a word that i do not like. Lippi will stay but the future is with Deschamps. We are interest in Kapo and Mexes, we are also following Gilardino. I hope to bring Deschamps to Torino but not now. Nedved and Trezeguet will not be sold.

now this is pretty good news in my books,
    Trezeguet to stay and also get Gilardino as back up.
    Lippi to stay but Deschamps one day
    Juve still interested in Mexes. (sign this player more then anyone else)
    Kapo! well that didnt overjoy me.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Lippi staying say Old Lady
    Friday 26 March, 2004

Juventus insist that boss Marcello Lippi will still be in charge next season, but they have opened the door for Didier Deschamps.

"Lippi is staying here with us but Deschamps could be the future," director general Luciano Moggi is quoted as saying.

"Didier was one of my players and we often talk to each other. He has a bright career ahead of him and I hope to bring him back here one day. But not next season."

Rumours in Italy suggest that Lippi, who has a contract until 2005, could quit the club in the summer to take charge of the Italian national side.

That led to stories suggesting that Monaco boss Deschamps, who played under Lippi, was a leading contender to take over.

The media also believe that the club are set for a summer revolution after a disappointing campaign. But Moggi has cooled the numerous reports.

"People claim that we have already bought Olivier Kapo (Auxerre) but that is not true," he added. "If we think he is a good player then we could look at him."

Juve have also been linked with Auxerre defender Phillipe Mexes. "He is an interesting player and very young too," continued the transfer guru.

Moggi added that Juve are keeping an eye on Parma striker Alberto Gilardino, said to be a possible replacement for David Trezeguet.

Yet the Bianconeri official has hit back at claims that the Frenchman is set for a summer move to Barcelona. "We are not selling Trezeguet or Pavel Nedved," concluded Moggi.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    kapo's would be an incentive for mexes to choose juve,plus our french connections and the possibility of didier being appointed as coach.

yet mexes has still maintained that he would rather play in the epl,and man utd and mexes go way back.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Because Fergie has been sedning christmas cards to mexes for many years doesnt mean he'll join united. mexes will only look at arsenal, united or chelsea as clubs in england.

obviously having deschamps and kapo joining juve would be great. And i suppose keeping trezeguet and thuram would be even better. but thats not the case.

nonetheless, i believe that we could persuade mexes to join us. i think everyone knows that juve's defence is going to be vacant come this summer, and i'm sure young stars would love to fill it up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yesterday i was seein the broacast of Juve-Modena game in Espn.... jaja and in one occation... the commentators said something like :

"hey u wanna play something?, lets try to figure out the new players that juve will have next season". (argentine commentators)

IN the talk.... they said that one of the transfer rumours that is getting stronger is the one of Cavenaghi coming to Juve. They said that in the last 2 years that deal was always flashing (we all know that) but now things have gone a step further and things are easier because Cavenaghi´s fathjer is Italian.... so maybe he will come.

About Mexes... they said that this deal is probably the most secure so far. Thay have been talks between jUve and Auzerre and is very sure that mesxes will come.

Abouit deschamps...they talk about him and leappi leaving.

And the Trezeguet deal with barcelona a fact.... about this one im not sure.

Sep 1, 2002
    Mexes is a fine prospect indeed, but when the euros start to roll I feel we will fold our bike.

We have, perhaps two big signings in us this summer- by that I mean in terms of money available- this will come from selling Neddi and some of the drift wood.

will we spend it on Mexes?

No I feel there will be investment in our attacking options and young Italian defenders coming in.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Because cavenaghi is argentinian and they can know more than us about this swithc ;)

about the others, they were just chitchatting

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't know who I'd rather have: Samuel for now or Mexes for future. Samuel says that he is tired of losing at Roma, and wants to win trophies. He is not shure if Roma can win anything, and who would disagree with him! I like to see Roma players get angry with the club they are at!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)