Memory stick for camera and phone (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I recently bought a new telephone and a camera. Now I need memory sticks for them but I don't know which ones I should buy, there are so many different sizes and models. I don't even know which one that would fit.

My camera is a:
Sony DSC - W55

and my cellphone is a:
SonyEricsson W300i

So which memory stick can I buy and which do you think I should buy? :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
For the camera you should get the Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, I have the same camera and I got the 2GB one.

As for the phone Memory Stick Micro (better known as M2) and the phone cannot stand more than 1GB, so go for that one.

Anyway, you could have found your answer on the specifications of both devices.

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #4
    For the camera you should get the Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, I have the same camera and I got the 2GB one.

As for the phone Memory Stick Micro (better known as M2) and the phone cannot stand more than 1GB, so go for that one.

Anyway, you could have found your answer on the specifications of both devices.
    Thanks for the advice!

I guess I could but usually those types of specifications only gives you the most expensive and less prizeworthy alternative. Is it really necessary to buy the "Sony" ones? "Sandisk" and other manufacturers are much cheaper.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Thanks for the advice!

I guess I could but usually those types of specifications only gives you the most expensive and less prizeworthy alternative. Is it really necessary to buy the "Sony" ones? "Sandisk" and other manufacturers are much cheaper.
    Actually the specifications tells you what type of memory you should use then it is up to you to choose the brand. Usually the Sony sticks are only manufactured by Sony and SanDisk, so it's up to you to choose between the two; personally I'd choose the Sony.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    Actually the specifications tells you what type of memory you should use then it is up to you to choose the brand. Usually the Sony sticks are only manufactured by Sony and SanDisk, so it's up to you to choose between the two; personally I'd choose the Sony.
    Ok, I don't know enough about such stuff, that's why I felt urged to ask here. I'll go for the Sony. :)

I noticed that there is a 4 gb that would only cost a few dollars extra. The 4 gb is just as good as the 2 gb right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)