Medhi Benatia (14 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
nah, just take a look at Chelsea's summer trying to buy every big name CB there is in Serie A and going for 30m David Luiz in the end, 18m is cheap nowadays whether it's for a quality defender or midfielder. I'm just not sure Benatia is still the quality CB he was at Roma, he's been a shadow of his former self past few years

The problem with benatia is that the relation age vs price vs fitness is skewed.

He could be useful for us, but he seems to struggle to stay fit and therefore is unreliable when called because of also matchfitness. He is on a high salary, relatively old and his transfer will be costly when you lever al this.

If he was cheaper then why not... but he is damaged goods and bayern wants to sell at 18 mils ignoring his injury problems.

A player that struggles with injury cannot play...not matter how good he is.

Its way too much of a gamble in my eyes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Lets see.

"You call Benatia our most injury prone player which is simply untrue"
Yes it is true. Benatia's career has been plagued by injuries.

"You wrote we can buy any defender in the world for less than 18mln which is also laughable"
No its not laughable, its true, and I said almost. We pretty much never paid that much for a CB. We signed Caldara this year for less, Rugani for less, Ogbonna for less, Barzagli for less, Caceres for less, Chiellini for less, etc, etc, etc.

"I wouldn't call Benatia 5th CB as Chiellini and Barzagli miss a lot of games. Bonnucci and Rugani have also been injured this season"
That doesn't mean he is not our 5th CB.

What's the point?

- - - Updated - - -

But we are not Chelsea. We don't behave like them in the transfer market (and shouldn't). The tried to sign established CBs from the top teams, when is the last time we did that? we are not gonna sign Koulibaly or Manolas. Specially not for depth. If its not gonna even be our first sub, let alone second sub, then 18m is too much.

We signed Caldara and Rugani for something like 20m total. Barzagli almost free. Chiellini and Bonucci relatively cheap. Caceres and Peluso cheap. These are the kind of deals we need to fill in the gaps, not to blow a big part of our budget.
I agree, if Benatia is something like our 3rd sub he's too expensive. If the old Benatia of his dominant Roma days can be brought to life, he definitely could climb the pecking order and prove to be a valuable signing. If his contribution in future will be similar to this season, 18m + his salary is way too much, I'd rather sign an experienced freebie or low fee player for that role

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The problem with benatia is that the relation age vs price vs fitness is skewed.

He could be useful for us, but he seems to struggle to stay fit and therefore is unreliable when called because of also matchfitness. He is on a high salary, relatively old and his transfer will be costly when you lever al this.

If he was cheaper then why not... but he is damaged goods and bayern wants to sell at 18 mils ignoring his injury problems.

A player that struggles with injury cannot play...not matter how good he is.

Its way too much of a gamble in my eyes.
All true, but also consider his relatively good marketability, the guy has a huge social media following.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The club will buy Benatia, many of you will have to deal with that, by far the sensible thing to do. Talk about luxury issue when main contention around here is if we should have too good of backup player like this for mere 18m.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The club will buy Benatia, many of you will have to deal with that, by far the sensible thing to do. Talk about luxury issue when main contention around here is if we should have too good of backup player like this for mere 18m.
I would say it is a stretch to call it "by far", when the guy has known fitness inconsistencies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
TV airs racist insult to Benatia

by Football Italia

Juventus defender Medhi Benatia stormed out of a Rai Sport interview when someone made a racist remark.

The Morocco international was speaking to Raiafter the 1-1 draw with Torino, which saw Afriyie Acquah controversially sent off for two yellow cards.

Just as Benatia started explaining that he thought these were indeed bookable offences, a voice was heard in his earpiece that said: “What are you talking about? Moroccan ****.”

What a dick.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
not sure that is racist is it?

if I were to say "that canadian fuck" to mark would that be racist? :D

stupid thing to say lol @ that guy getting caught though

- - - Updated - - -

edit: I suppose if his intention was to point out the color of his skin and those are the words he chose then I stand corrected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)