MCA of the Beastie Boys loses battle with cancer... (1 Viewer)

OP
Vinny Del Pogba
Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #13
    This really wrecked me like no other celebrity death ever has. The Beastie Boys were a huge part of my life, from the time I was kkid first getting into music in the 80's till seeing them inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. I'm just hurting...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Here is why this strikes me so much. As Greg mentioned, he was only a few years older than he and I, and just as important, and something that I have just realized, is that although I can only speak for myself, I am entering that time of my life where I know the sands of time left in the hourglass are less than the sand already passed through, and I start to see those around me that I feel a connection with start to enter the twilight of their years, or be taken away far too soon. Without the Beastie Boys, there is no Eminem, no Yelawolf, no Aesop Rock.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Great post when deaths like this happen it really makes you think.. it is scary but that is life and we just have to keep our heads up and move on.

The Beastie Boys are such a cool group always loved their music videos too.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    Telling my boyfriend about this this morning I felt like I was telling him his brother had died. 47 is still very young for this kind of thing to happen, but it does begin to get scary when band members of your generation start to die (from something other than drugs or accidents).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)