Mauro Icardi - ST - PSG (28 Viewers)

want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Can we stop talking about this guy already? It would be so retarded to buy a 60-70m striker with 10m net wages just to sit on the bench (because, obviously he wouldn't be ahead of CR7 and Dybala, plus he can't play with them at the same time).
Icardi on the bench with Matuidi in the starting lineup would be simply dumb. Just keep Higuain for one more year or if necessary, replace him with someone cheaper who won't bitch about the bench every other week.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who scored around 30 goals in an unfinished calendar season.

They would get paid either way, would gone to Atletico or premier league at last resort. His difficulties are off the pitch stuff with Inter, on it he delivers (gets buckets). Would cost more if not for the baggage.
And if the off the pitch stuff wasn't there, he would still be with Inter. To get 62 million for a player that everyone knew that A) he was not going to be in their plans and B) when they already have a replacement with Lukaku is pretty good business. Especially in what will most likely be a depressed economy in the transfer market this year.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Funnily enough, with how our fans are squirming and rejecting the idea, I think he is in a strong position to reject us instead. Messi joined, and Mbappe is leaving, Kean left, meaning between Neymar and Messi, Icardi is only pure box striker left. And Pocchettino would be likely to give him alot of minutes. Messi behind him, and Neymar left.

Aug 29, 2021
Funnily enough, with how our fans are squirming and rejecting the idea, I think he is in a strong position to reject us instead. Messi joined, and Mbappe is leaving, Kean left, meaning between Neymar and Messi, Icardi is only pure box striker left. And Pocchettino would be likely to give him alot of minutes. Messi behind him, and Neymar left.
This fanbase are worse than Manchester United's and it's scary

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
It is a paradise nirvana heaven for a poacher like him, why leave that and a bigger chance to win UCL

Aug 29, 2021
Double account. But you seem genuine, you just echoing some of the doom and gloom jaded attitude so many veterans around here are :D
No worries:).
I've seen this play out at Manchester United and there's a saying I like to live by- "an ounce of prevention is better than a tonne of cure."
I wanted Ferguson gone in 2011 and got abused for saying as much. I was right then as LVG & Ancelotti were both available and a rebuild was needed with fresh ideas.

With Juventus, we needed a rebuild but with fresh ideas, that could have come with Allegri, but only if:

1. A competent DOF was hired (not the assistant to the person you deem to be the problem)
2. That DOF was an outsider or was Andrea Pirlo given that he had a vision for what was needed but wasn't ready to be a manager. They could have let him follow the path taken by Zidane and Capello at Real Madrid & AC Milan respectively.

However, given how Zinedine Zidane was available, there's no excuse to have gone back for Allegri. That chapter was closed and Zidane is a genuinely great manager whose presence (and regard in which he's held by the fanbase) wouldn't allow Agnelli to pull any of the things he has this summer

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No worries:).
I've seen this play out at Manchester United and there's a saying I like to live by- "an ounce of prevention is better than a tonne of cure."
I wanted Ferguson gone in 2011 and got abused for saying as much. I was right then as LVG & Ancelotti were both available and a rebuild was needed with fresh ideas.

With Juventus, we needed a rebuild but with fresh ideas, that could have come with Allegri, but only if:

1. A competent DOF was hired (not the assistant to the person you deem to be the problem)
2. That DOF was an outsider or was Andrea Pirlo given that he had a vision for what was needed but wasn't ready to be a manager. They could have let him follow the path taken by Zidane and Capello at Real Madrid & AC Milan respectively.

However, given how Zinedine Zidane was available, there's no excuse to have gone back for Allegri. That chapter was closed and Zidane is a genuinely great manager whose presence (and regard in which he's held by the fanbase) wouldn't allow Agnelli to pull any of the things he has this summer

I think you assume plenty of things we know nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)