Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This transfer makes sense.

Ronaldo - Icardi - Dybala

Powerful shit. Easily CL worthy. Although ego boost at the max level.

If I had to pick between the two, though, I'd sign De Ligt.

Sep 13, 2015
This transfer makes sense.

Ronaldo - Icardi - Dybala

Powerful shit. Easily CL worthy. Although ego boost at the max level.

If I had to pick between the two, though, I'd sign De Ligt.
I think this 4-3-3 lineup only looks powerful on paper. Tactically, none of the three upfront is capable of dribbling past opponents or carrying the ball under pressure. Ronaldo is not 25 anymore and we've all seen Dybala's first touch under pressure. Also Icardi offers nothing when building up the play.

In addition, none of the three above can track defensively so you need at least one with lungs like Bernardeschi.

Imo, Ronaldo and Icardi need to be paired with either a classical winger like Costa or a second striker like Dybala in 4-4-2.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think this 4-3-3 lineup only looks powerful on paper. Tactically, none of the three upfront is capable of dribbling past opponents or carrying the ball under pressure. Ronaldo is not 25 anymore and we've all seen Dybala's first touch under pressure. Also Icardi offers nothing when building up the play.

In addition, none of the three above can track defensively so you need at least one with lungs like Bernardeschi.

Imo, Ronaldo and Icardi need to be paired with either a classical winger like Costa or a second striker like Dybala in 4-4-2.
I'm sure Sarri would find the perfect position for Dybala. Also, I think both Dybala and Ronaldo are capable of getting past opponents. That trio can also easily adapt into 4-3-1-2 being just as good. IMO there's no way that trio can't work as long as we fix our shitty midfield. Somebody like SMS would be great but that's fairly impossible if we're getting our hands on De Ligt.

Truth be told, if we're getting Icardi, I wouldn't be surprised if we're planning to offload Dybala.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Ronaldo-Icardi-Dybala wouldnt work. Just like Ronaldo-Mandzukic-Dybala and Mandzukic-Higuain-Dybala didnt work before. Having multiple goal threats upfront dont bring enough value to justify defending with 7.5 players

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
They are not three number 9 nor we'd play like that, giving them the exact same role, that's nonsense.

That trio would be amazing. Let's not kid ourselves.
Three players who are fantastic finishers, but none of them are really creative, and none of them would defend at all. Totally unbalanced and without creativity. If Icardi comes there is no room for Dybala anymore, so might as well cash in on him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Three players who are fantastic finishers, but none of them are really creative, and none of them would defend at all. Totally unbalanced and without creativity. If Icardi comes there is no room for Dybala anymore, so might as well cash in on him.
Well, I guess the only difference between our opinions is that I don't see Dybala as a great finisher while I would also add that he is creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)