Mauro Icardi - ST - PSG (25 Viewers)

want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
And his €60m transfer fee? As well as signing James?
Transfer free you can amortize, but even so, in time of response to you i was more aware about his wages than transfer itself.

@campionesidd

Can't find the link, that's why i sad "if true". It's already been poste here, law has passed. I'm just not quite sure about that 10% for southern teams when comes to wages.

Here something about new tax laws.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/05/28/5cec325722601db20d8b45a2.html

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I think if signed him parameters would need to be put in place in terms of behaviour both Icardi and Wanda. Surely they know what ha happened at Inter isn't great.

Create the Cunt Police at the club..buffon and Chiellini have the big black baton...anyone out of line gets it across the head.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Heat maps:
Higuain is clearly much more active in the build up.
447ebf1b8f7e247f3abca810700b6df0-02290-1469637601.jpg

fd521ab4cf9fe2103990940ca639d297-01120-1469637721.jpg
I liked your analysis ... convincing about Icardi from my side , as i was think he will be good for us , but Now i see how it is not ....if we will use him in the buildup of our game

The main motivation about Icardi , is that we have problem finding a position for Dybala since Ronaldo came , both are not efficient together , and Dybala refuses to adapt ...

And because we are , probably , going for 433 or 4312 , Dybala will not find a place here and we are run into risk of dropping his market value more

To solve this issue we have to have two plans, 433 , as Ronaldo at the center then bring Chiesa which is very expensive now ...

Or if MU wants , exchange Dybala with Pogba, loan Icardi and go for 4312 and in this formation i dont need any build up done by Icardi , i meanly wants him to score ...

The way we play with Allegri was forcing Higgy to build , but if you have behind you many creative mids , i think Icardi will be the best fit in here ...

See all this will much depends on Dybala , even Inter cant buy Lukuku because of this situation.

We need Riola to mess up with MU ...

Other than that , gave us solution about Dybala instead ... it is not about getting Icardi , it is about solving the a big problem in attack ...

And fuck Icardi , what are the alternatives , knowing that we are operate on budget !!

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I hope Napoli gets him along with James Rodriguez. It's been a while someone has challenged this Juve. We don't need Icardi anyway, he'll be useless next to Ronaldo.

Upcoming season could actually be the most competitive one in the last couple of years. Bring it on.

Juve, instead should focus on De Ligt + CM + Chiesa. DC and Berna is quite thin for a winger based formation.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It's not just about just passing, but yes. He is, statistically. Higuain is MUCH more comfortable with the ball than Icardi and the numbers show that.

1) Average pass completion is consistently ~10% higher than Icardi. For his entire career, average pass completion is 80.6% vs 72.1%.
2) Icardi attempted on average 17.2 passes per game over his career, so that's 12.4 successful passes per game. Higuain averaged 25.5, and completed 20.5.
3) Icardi attempted on average 0.9 dribbles, and completed 0.4. Higuain averaged 2.8 attempts and completed 1.4.

He completes nearly twice the passes, and completes >3x the dribbles of Icardi. In terms of involvement in the play, they are on different planets.

You can bash Higuain on his weight all you want, but the fact is he was always a striker that was very involved in the play. He was trequartista in his youth, and is very comfortable on the ball. Icardi doesn't thrive on having the ball. He is a heck of finisher, but he is a poacher. Higuain has always been a complete striker - and we saw that with Juve...

I'm going to dig out a heat map too.
Stats don't show shit about how comfortable you are on the ball. So you're saying we can compare Higuain -who made more passes at Real Madrid or under Sarri at Napoli- to Icardi who played with some bozo's and under some second ranked coaches. Yeah, but no. That's not fair.

And I love Higuain but the Icardi is only a finisher is such a cliché. He's quite comfortable on the ball and most people would actually see it if they watched him on a regular basis instead of looking against superior opposition like Juve.

I love Higuain btw, but that story must end now. And with Higuain and Manbro possibly gone, we need a true striker. Who ? I don't know... As long as it's not Lukaku...

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Higuain is training with a trainer in Argentina these days, He wants to present himself in a good position in front of Sarri in Turin, He wants convince him, the Argentinian striker wants to stay at Juventus. [Di Marzio] https://t.co/qdXy1RGwpM

No Icardi?

If he is so determined, give him the chance...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Higuain is training with a trainer in Argentina these days, He wants to present himself in a good position in front of Sarri in Turin, He wants convince him, the Argentinian striker wants to stay at Juventus. [Di Marzio] https://t.co/qdXy1RGwpM

No Icardi?

Offload to Roma.

CR7, Kean and Dybala are our forwards. Good enough for sure. If anything we'll need a winger IMO.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Offload to Roma.

CR7, Kean and Dybala are our forwards. Good enough for sure. If anything we'll need a winger IMO.
I love Kean I really do but one injury to CR7 (god forbid) and we'll start Kean against Barcelona, RM etc? Ramos will eat him alive.... Against those clubs you need Icardi kind of player. I don't like him but lmao he is top 5 CF.

It's too early for Kean, do you remember the chance he missed under pressure last season in CL. Give the boy time don't throw him into the fire just yet.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Icardi vs Higuain bulid up matchup?! Higuain is actually helping the team and scoring goals while Icardi is all about get me the ball and I`ll finish.. Funny that it was even a debate here..

Anyway Napoli seems to want Icardi - I say let them have him.. They will grow stronger and with Inter that grew stronger it will make us push harder and become better..

- - - Updated - - -

No Icardi?

Straight swap of course I`ll do it as Higuain and Icardi has some years between them..
Paying for Icardi is disgusting...

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see anything wrong with that. He offers no build up (which is an extreme exaggeration in itself), but that is... well what we're used to for a few years now... Icardi would definitely add a threat in the area 'though. And a team can have more than one go-to-guy, you know...

I'm against Icardi but I'd think the combination would work for sure. As if Ronaldo can't co-exist with an out-and-out striker...

- - - Updated - - -

You think Higuain was/is great passer? Yet he was insanely good at Napoli under Sarri...

You might want to look at Icardi's goal stats... Yep, looks like a Sarri player.
Then you should look again.. Its ok for lesser teams but for Juve we need the best!
I`d rather us sign some unkown Arentinian Lolzillian or whatever and hope he improves than get this pass me the ball and I`ll shoot Wanda liker..

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Icardi vs Higuain bulid up matchup?! Higuain is actually helping the team and scoring goals while Icardi is all about get me the ball and I`ll finish.. Funny that it was even a debate here..

Anyway Napoli seems to want Icardi - I say let them have him.. They will grow stronger and with Inter that grew stronger it will make us push harder and become better..

- - - Updated - - -

Straight swap of course I`ll do it as Higuain and Icardi has some years between them..
Paying for Icardi is disgusting...

- - - Updated - - -

Then you should look again.. Its ok for lesser teams but for Juve we need the best!
I`d rather us sign some unkown Arentinian Lolzillian or whatever and hope he improves than get this pass me the ball and I`ll shoot Wanda liker..
Icardi played at inter where he was supposed to be the finisher, not the creator. Does that mean he can't do shit with the ball...?

So you'd rather have a Brazilian might be than a proven quantity. The tiki taka has risen to some people's heads... Even against Ajax where we were outplayed we had our chances but lacked a world class finisher outside of Ronaldo. An amazing passer like Dybala was nowhere to be seen yet you're insisting on more of that...

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Stats don't show shit about how comfortable you are on the ball. So you're saying we can compare Higuain -who made more passes at Real Madrid or under Sarri at Napoli- to Icardi who played with some bozo's and under some second ranked coaches. Yeah, but no. That's not fair.

And I love Higuain but the Icardi is only a finisher is such a cliché. He's quite comfortable on the ball and most people would actually see it if they watched him on a regular basis instead of looking against superior opposition like Juve.

I love Higuain btw, but that story must end now. And with Higuain and Manbro possibly gone, we need a true striker. Who ? I don't know... As long as it's not Lukaku...
1) stats do say a lot. that's why teams are pouring money into advanced data analytics
2) Icardi's numbers are consistent every year as are those of Higuain. There are small deviations but generally Higuain averages 1.5-2x as many successful passes, and several times as many dribbles. Even with Milan who finished below Inter, Higuain was putting up similar touch and dribble numbers. I don't care how you spin it, but if a player is averaging only 10 passes per game, he isn't very involved in the build up. Icardi is a great player, but he is generally uninvolved until the final third.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
1) stats do say a lot. that's why teams are pouring money into advanced data analytics
2) Icardi's numbers are consistent every year as are those of Higuain. There are small deviations but generally Higuain averages 2x as many passes, and several times as many dribbles. Even with Milan who finished below Inter, Higuain was putting up similar touch and dribble numbers. I don't care how you spin it, but if a player is averaging only 10 passes per game, he isn't very involved in the build up. Icardi is a great player, but he is generally uninvolved until the final third.
Do they keep track of stats on set pieces vs. non set pieces?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
2) Icardi's numbers are consistent every year as are those of Higuain. There are small deviations but generally Higuain averages 1.5-2x as many successful passes, and several times as many dribbles. Even with Milan who finished below Inter, Higuain was putting up similar touch and dribble numbers. I don't care how you spin it, but if a player is averaging only 10 passes per game, he isn't very involved in the build up. Icardi is a great player, but he is generally uninvolved until the final third.
Indeed ADVANCED data analysis. I guess Juve and Napoli don't know anything about that since they're interested in Icardi...

And as you completely keep on ignoring it was Icardi's role to be a one man attack and finisher not to make beautiful passes. I'm not the one spinning it, pal. I never said Icardi was involved a lot at inter, I said he has the skills to do more of it.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Indeed ADVANCED data analysis. I guess Juve and Napoli don't know anything about that since they're interested in Icardi...

And as you completely keep on ignoring it was Icardi's role to be a one man attack and finisher not to make beautiful passes. I'm not the one spinning it, pal. I never said Icardi was involved a lot at inter, I said he has the skills to do more of it.
Well show some proof then :) I’ve seen endless articles and quotes from players and coaches, statistical analysis suggesting that’s his game. Whether it’s his former agent talking about him needing to leave Barcelona, Rakitic comparing him to Inzaghi, Antonio Cassano talking out his ass, or the coach of Argentina justifying not playing him, the message is the same. For better for worse, he’s a box striker.
Some more examples:
Or this advanced statistic company: https://blog.wyscout.com/analysis-icardis-play-old-school-footballer/
Or football Italia:
https://www.football-italia.net/111573/mertens-v-icardi-contrasting-strikers
Or Roberto Mancini:
http:///www.pianetamilan.it/altro/mancini-icardi-mi-ricorda-inzaghi/amp/

So if you have the proof that Icardi has the capability of being a complete forward, I welcome it. But I’m not going to take your word for it. Provide something from a expert that says the has that tool in his arsenal. Otherwise I’ll go with the experts.

Or the god himself ADP10
“He is an area man like (Filippo) Inzaghi, (David) Trezeguet, (Christian) Vieri and he always scores”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well show some proof then :) I’ve seen endless articles and quotes from players and coaches, statistical analysis suggesting that’s his game. Whether it’s his former agent talking about him needing to leave Barcelona, Rakitic comparing him to Inzaghi, Antonio Cassano talking out his ass, or the coach of Argentina justifying not playing him, the message is the same. For better for worse, he’s a box striker.
Some more examples:
Or this advanced statistic company: https://blog.wyscout.com/analysis-icardis-play-old-school-footballer/
Or football Italia:
Or Roberto Mancini:

So if you have the proof that Icardi has the capability of being a complete forward, I welcome it. But I’m not going to take your word for it. Provide something from a expert that says the has that tool in his arsenal. Otherwise I’ll go with the experts.

Or the god himself ADP10
“He is an area man like (Filippo) Inzaghi, (David) Trezeguet, (Christian) Vieri and he always scores”.

You take other people's word to fit your story 'though. It's quite selective while you should let your eyes do the work. Icardi is strong, has a good ball control and hold-up play.

There's nothing wrong with being an area man... And it's not a black or white case. Some are man can actually pick a pass as well. Like for instance Trezeguet his 1 or 2-touch play was excellent. Get the ball to him, he made a lay-off and picked his spot in the area, loved that. It's also called build-up, pal.

But I guess you wouldn't welcome Vieri, Inzaghi or Trezeguet here now. That's enough said.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Some more examples:
Or football Italia:
Or Roberto Mancini:

Or the god himself ADP10

I have seen a few share of inda games in the past seasons and let me say that in icardi's case, spalletti always used his one dimensional tactic which it was hoof ball to the wings - cross to icardi. That was their only gameplay. He was unanimous criticized by it . I can't say for sure if spalletti was asking icardi to just stay in the box to receive passes but I do know that if he left that zone their only gameplan would backfire .
The other possibility would mean that icardi is just that limited technically, that you can't play in any other way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
You take other people's word to fit your story 'though. It's quite selective while you should let your eyes do the work. Icardi is strong, has a good ball control and hold-up play.

There's nothing wrong with being an area man... And it's not a black or white case. Some are man can actually pick a pass as well. Like for instance Trezeguet his 1 or 2-touch play was excellent. Get the ball to him, he made a lay-off and picked his spot in the area, loved that. It's also called build-up, pal.

But I guess you wouldn't welcome Vieri, Inzaghi or Trezeguet here now. That's enough said.
I never said there was anything wrong with being an area man. I just said it isn’t the best option for Sarri tactics and I stand by it. If the coach was Allegri, my POV would change.

Either way, there’s no point of arguing further. The numbers speak for themselves and I still haven’t seen any proof suggesting otherwise. When he hardly touches the ball, it's hard to make an empirical assessment and what he could do (unless you have access to Inter training sessions), so I'll go with the numbers and the view of experts. But everyone is entitled to their opinion so agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)