• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Don't see anything wrong with that. He offers no build up (which is an extreme exaggeration in itself), but that is... well what we're used to for a few years now... Icardi would definitely add a threat in the area 'though. And a team can have more than one go-to-guy, you know...

I'm against Icardi but I'd think the combination would work for sure. As if Ronaldo can't co-exist with an out-and-out striker...

- - - Updated - - -

You think Higuain was/is great passer? Yet he was insanely good at Napoli under Sarri...

You might want to look at Icardi's goal stats... Yep, looks like a Sarri player.
It's not just about just passing, but yes. He is, statistically. Higuain is MUCH more comfortable with the ball than Icardi and the numbers show that.

1) Average pass completion is consistently ~10% higher than Icardi. For his entire career, average pass completion is 80.6% vs 72.1%.
2) Icardi attempted on average 17.2 passes per game over his career, so that's 12.4 successful passes per game. Higuain averaged 25.5, and completed 20.5.
3) Icardi attempted on average 0.9 dribbles, and completed 0.4. Higuain averaged 2.8 attempts and completed 1.4.

He completes nearly twice the passes, and completes >3x the dribbles of Icardi. In terms of involvement in the play, they are on different planets.

You can bash Higuain on his weight all you want, but the fact is he was always a striker that was very involved in the play. He was trequartista in his youth, and is very comfortable on the ball. Icardi doesn't thrive on having the ball. He is a heck of finisher, but he is a poacher. Higuain has always been a complete striker - and we saw that with Juve...

I'm going to dig out a heat map too.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Icardi is a box striker. The stats back it up but you can just watch his play and you'll surely be underwhelmed by his contribution in general play. I favour Kean for holding the ball, counter attacks, and movement behind the line (just the pace is hard to deal with). If you want to say Icardi is a better finisher, I won't argue. He is also decently clever in the box. But I think even that gap could be close soon.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I'd like to see higgys heatmaps when he was at Napoli.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That is Napoli.
Where are you sourcing/pulling these visualizations from?
This one is from Wyscout via Tuttomercatoweb. These maps are a bitch to find because they're through Opta or Wyscout and both are paid. Websites likes Squawka and Whoscore often only license part of the data. That was the best I could find. It's a comparison of Icardi & Higuain from 05-06
https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/ser...poli-vuole-guardare-avanti-con-maurito-858818

Last edited:

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
please go to Napoli! why are we chasing him?. i am disgusted !!

missing the mofo ndomble and looks like missing on de ligt also.

wtf are we doing with this mofo? i only think that wanda is sucking patrici cook or having a threesome all of this icardi family.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dont want this degenerate wannabe gangster.

He is easily one of the best poachers in the game and probably of his generation but do we actually need a poacher? Especially one who will cost 100mil? We have plenty of attackers and the way we play isnt really suitable to a poacher anyway. Not a lot of 100% chances served up on a platter for him.

He behaves himself on the field for the most part but off of it he seems like rich trash. Also you have to deal with his ridiculous agent/wife the whole time.

Do not need or want. The biggest benefit i see here is crushing the soles of Inter supporters which we already do every year anyway.

#makethemidfieldgreatagain #mmga
I’m conflicted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)