Maurizio Sarri (107 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Anyone feel bad for this guy?
YES: He is being turned into a scapegoat, club didn't address real problems, getting a non-sense penalty in the first 10 mins vs Lyon which basically warranted a miracle to turn the tie around.

NO: He got to coach a top 5 club in history with Juventus, has made a killing in terms of financials and after decades of grinding from the bottom he's got his country's league title in his cabinet. That's a beautiful story tbh.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not in the slightest. He got one year (an of charity imo) to coach a side above his level and got payed way more than he deserves.

I can see the argument that not all blame lays at his door. Tici and Swayze don't just get to hide either but even so Sarri comes out of this situation with a lot more than he ever earned on merit. He is lucky as hell and will get a massive payday.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I do feel a bit sorry for him. I like his story, it's an inspiring one. But it didn't work out at all at Juventus, and I say "at all" because - had it not been for Cristiano Ronaldo - it would've ended with zeru tituli. That's how bad it was.

But I do feel bad for him for this very reason: The true blame for this mess lies with Fabio Paratici, the guy responsible for hiring Sarri in the first place and the guy responsible for all those atrocious random signings we've made the last couple of years (the midfield ones have been particularly bad, but also those at fullback). Paratici's ass, however, has been saved, and the entirety of the blame has been given to Sarri. That part of it stinks.

But like I said, Sarri-Juve was no match at all, and I'm happy to be moving on.

I've been very frustrated with Sarri, and I've posted some nasty things, but I do believe he gave his all here and I'm thankful for that, and I'm happy that his amazing story - starting out as a banker, quitting his job, working himself up from the lower leagues - was crowned with a historic scudetto.

Whatever venom we still harbour because of this season, should in my opinion be directed at Paratici more than it should at Sarri.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I do feel a bit sorry for him. I like his story, it's an inspiring one. But it didn't work out at all at Juventus, and I say "at all" because - had it not been for Cristiano Ronaldo - it would've ended with zeru tituli. That's how bad it was.

But I do feel bad for him for this very reason: The true blame for this mess lies with Fabio Paratici, the guy responsible for hiring Sarri in the first place and the guy responsible for all those atrocious random signings we've made the last couple of years (the midfield ones have been particularly bad, but also those at fullback). Paratici's ass, however, has been saved, and the entirety of the blame has been given to Sarri. That part of it stinks.

I've been very frustrated with Sarri, and I've posted some nasty things, but I do believe he gave his all here and I'm thankful for that, and I'm happy that his amazing story - starting out as a banker, quitting his job, working himself up from the lower leagues - was crowned with a historic scudetto.

Whatever venom we still harbour because of this season, should in my opinion be directed at Paratici more than it should at Sarri.
Agreed

my venom was always toward the morons who actually thought this was a good idea

Tici and Nedved are the cause of all the disarray with personnel, coach, etc.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I do most definitely.

Was dead set against his appointment but the video of him looking at his Europa League medal always moved me and still does.

He looked like a child and seemed so humble and I always watch it again if it ever shows up on one of my social media feeds.

I wish the man no harm and only good fortune but he was never a good fit here.

So glad he won a Scudetto here as his story is a proper fairytale scenario.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Not in the slightest. He got one year (an of charity imo) to coach a side above his level and got payed way more than he deserves.

I can see the argument that not all blame lays at his door. Tici and Swayze don't just get to hide either but even so Sarri comes out of this situation with a lot more than he ever earned on merit. He is lucky as hell and will get a massive payday.

This is closer to the question i meant to ask. Dont you feel bad for the guy? Such a Nice story and it ends in such a mess and inglorious sacking.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I don't hate Sarri.There is not a single coach out there who would have refused the opportunity to train Juve.

The problem is Lambs, Paratici and the way they manage the team.We have been turned into a circus since summer 2018

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)