Maurizio Sarri (160 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I put more blame on management for bringing him in. Everyone knows what Sarri is about and he wasn't going to change once he got here. We paid to get him, and then had to do it again to dismiss him. Immensely poor planning from the beginning.

At the end of the day though, he got a scudetto and some money, it's not like he lost out on this deal.
Exactly!

Sarri did what he always did and what everyone expected. If anything he achieved his maximum by winning the title and getting out of the group.

Whoever expected a 60+ year old stubborn coach to suddently change is the idiot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Honestly I didn't expect him to win us Serie A, especially with Inter looking solid at the start of the season.
Unfortunately he never delivers the attractive style we're waiting for and the team just got worse at playing football. The only positive is somehow he made Dybala rediscover his form again.

Thank you for the 9th scudetti and good luck.
Yeah, was just thinking that myself as well. We actually did better than I expected before the start of the season.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I really think a system coach like Sarri is better suited to coach NT, especially in a developing country
There he can pick the best players from that country whoever that tick his criteria

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Corsera - Roma are aiming for a Sarri-Paratici duo

@Bianconero81
Too bad it's Roma. We can't add Nedved to that package :D

- - - Updated - - -

I really think a system coach like Sarri is better suited to coach NT, especially in a developing country
There he can pick the best players from that country whoever that tick his criteria
A national team with low expectations like Albania or Venezuela, maybe. A team like Italy? No chance. He's too much of a loser to instill a winning mentality within the players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There is no period for adjustment at Juve. Coaches like Sacchi would be full of praise for Juve if they were scrapping around in 3rd or 4th playing his attacking football, that's just the way he is. But Juve would never allow it.

In the end Sarri did end up adopting more traditional Juve culture than he would have liked, but it could hardly be surprising. It was an idiotic move to appoint him and then give him almost nothing to play his way. But he knew he wasn't taking over at Roma in 5th or 6th and being given carte blanche to build a team to grow, so I don't have much sympathy for either party.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
There is no period for adjustment at Juve. Coaches like Sacchi would be full of praise for Juve if they were scrapping around in 3rd or 4th playing his attacking football, that's just the way he is. But Juve would never allow it.

In the end Sarri did end up adopting more traditional Juve culture than he would have liked, but it could hardly be surprising. It was an idiotic move to appoint him and then give him almost nothing to play his way. But he knew he wasn't taking over at Roma in 5th or 6th and being given carte blanche to build a team to grow, so I don't have much sympathy for either party.
Juve, Bayern, Real - win or GTFO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)